What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

I think I threw the timing belt. I have a new one, and a water pump, and the other belts but I've been putting it off because I wanted to put in my altima electric fan shroud at the same time. But i've been waiting for the electric controller. Lesson of the day (and apparently a lot of other days before now) is DO NOT PUT OFF THE TIMING BELT Change. Sorry for yelling. Now I'm looking for a good 33 swap thread.

Ouch. Before the Pathy was mine (father's before), the timing belt change was ignored and when it snapped, oh man did the top end of the engine get mangled. My family literally left her for dead at our mechanics and the only reason she's alive today is because the mechanic got tired of looking at it after 9 months and rebuilt her :lol::lol:

I washed it the other day. All mud here in south Texas. At least I won't have dirt and mud in my eyes when I'm working under the truck. I'm keeping an eye out for a slow leak on the transfer case. I may have to smear sealant on the edges if it's seeping out still. 2b5fb23ccb26dc415b8d44ac96391e66.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Such a nice rig! I thought it was down for some reason. Good to know its rolling again. Id love to see more

Edited by TowndawgR50

Such a nice rig! I thought it was down for some reason. Good to know its rolling again. Id love to see more

Yeah it was down for a good bit for another bottom end rebuild and resealing in the transfer case.

Thanks, it still needs some more attention but it rolls and stops so that's good for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

My Zone Offroad 2"x3" body lift spacers that I ordered Friday already arrived. That was quick! As soon as my last exam (calc-based physics, oh so fun) is done tomorrow, I'll be installing them to extend my rear bumpstops. Hopefully that combined with trimmed flares (so 3" more clearance) will keep the tire out of the body.

• Like 1

put it up on 4 stands and ran it in 4wd to try to find the tapping I hear when I'm driving (based on wheel speed, not an engine noise). Quiet as a mouse. F#CK! Yanked and pulled on every suspension and exhaust component looking for what is 'loose' and makes the clunking sound on the drivers side when I hit bumps (not just a single thump, it has multiple as if something is loose). Everything is tight. F#CK!

• Like 2

put it up on 4 stands and ran it in 4wd to try to find the tapping I hear when I'm driving (based on wheel speed, not an engine noise). Quiet as a mouse. F#CK! Yanked and pulled on every suspension and exhaust component looking for what is 'loose' and makes the clunking sound on the drivers side when I hit bumps (not just a single thump, it has multiple as if something is loose). Everything is tight. F#CK!

That's always the worst! They mystery clunk! I gave up on mine. Threw parts at it and it got quieter, good enough.

That's always the worst! They mystery clunk! I gave up on mine. Threw parts at it and it got quieter, good enough.

Mine becomes a radio issue... turn the knob up and the noise disappears

• Like 3

Got back from the weekend road trip and picked the truck up from the exhaust shop. The knock off magnaflow sounds great and the truck pulls herself so much better.

Took her off road since the gates are open. And went down a new road for a bit, got stopped twice to downed trees that I couldn't move myself and didn't have my straps with me since they were taken out while at the exhaust shop to pull them. Did a small little hill climb though, fun as always

Replaced the cheap air filter with one that is better quality and less restrictive last night while hosing the dried mud off. Excited to start wheeling again :)

• Like 3

outfitted with new rubber. Got a good deal on a set of Yokohama geolander a/t g015's. Not nearly as good of tread as my old Coopers or BFG AT KO's but WAY less expensive.

• Like 2

Got back from the weekend road trip and picked the truck up from the exhaust shop. The knock off magnaflow sounds great and the truck pulls herself so much better.

Took her off road since the gates are open. And went down a new road for a bit, got stopped twice to downed trees that I couldn't move myself and didn't have my straps with me since they were taken out while at the exhaust shop to pull them. Did a small little hill climb though, fun as always

Replaced the cheap air filter with one that is better quality and less restrictive last night while hosing the dried mud off. Excited to start wheeling again :)

Knock off magnaflow huh... my exhaust has at least one solid leak and it's real rusty so it's gonna need some attention soon. Any chances you could shoot a video of what it sounds like? You've got me thinking...

Knock off magnaflow huh... my exhaust has at least one solid leak and it's real rusty so it's gonna need some attention soon. Any chances you could shoot a video of what it sounds like? You've got me thinking...

You on the Facebook page? Not sure how to post a video on here

• Like 1