What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

At least you have an owners manual! I wouldn't mind having a copy of that.

Do you read/understand Japanese?? I'll try to remember scanning one page this week end.

Starting these days i get a lot of ticking from the lifters until the pressure is up, I replaced one of them with my last spare some weeks ago and noticed two of them on the right bank are damaged on top. I think it is time to change them all. Some in there are probably 28 years old. Impressive amount of work.

Yeah, it's amazing what gas will do if you leave it alone long enough. My dad and I dropped a tank out of a CJ5 this summer that was parked in '99 with gas in it. The tank was rusted out, what liquid there was came out beet red, and the bottom of the tank was full of this black taffy looking muck that didn't stick to anything and wouldn't take a flame. And the smell!

Hopefully the hydrolock was at low revs and it just needs to dry out.

I got my console box bolted in for the first time! There's a lot to do yet but at least the main mounting point is in. I filled in between the straps I relocated the E-brake with to make a mounting surface, then bolted the console frame to that. I plan to bolt it down in a few more places before I call it done, but even with just the two 10mm bolts it's got now, it feels surprisingly sturdy. I'm going to test drive it with this in place and see how my elbow likes it before I move forward with the rest of the mounts.

image_zpstpr3kyzl.jpeg

Hopefully the hydrolock was at low revs and it just needs to dry out.

High revs but made it through so wasn't sitting in water when it seized. Started bogging down in the center of the crossing. Today I pulled the last plug and blew the rest of the water that would come out with the starter. Finished up with shop vac and replaces all 6 plugs and air filter after wiping everything down again. Checked oil and turned over. Revved till water vapor stopped coming out. Saturday I'll have fluids drained for further maintenence

Do you read/understand Japanese?? I'll try to remember scanning one page this week end.

Starting these days i get a lot of ticking from the lifters until the pressure is up, I replaced one of them with my last spare some weeks ago and noticed two of them on the right bank are damaged on top. I think it is time to change them all. Some in there are probably 28 years old. Impressive amount of work.

I know someone who can read Japanese so yes if you can scan some pages yes please and I'll post the translation of the pages.

I know someone who can read Japanese so yes if you can scan some pages yes please and I'll post the translation of the pages.

Looking forward to that.

Checked oil, mikly. fskc! Started her up before I had to leave for work and let her run. To see if she would quiet down. Knocking sounded like a lifter but doesn't make noise when idle so valve?

Got oil cap off, don't let Mr Olympia screw your cap on :/ once engine got more warm noise went away even at higher rpms. Maybe the last bit of water is getting out of the thing. Left it running with oil cap off to let any water vapors out there till I had to go to work for the week. Saturday oil change

Joey and I work together and we've been talking about heading out for a short spin through the woods / clay behind his place for a while.... _that_ plan finally came together this weekend after my short trip to the U-Pull-a-Part... I swung over to his place and we did a bit of this:

https://www.facebook.com/joey.dinel/videos/10153831518576216/

I still never made it over to adamzan's place.... my bad (too much bad family stuff going on this year)...

Okay, As soon as I get time, the two manuals are on my desk already.

And maybe a better place for this conversation, any idea?

Today I debated on selling Pathy to my brother in-law.... Because he's in need of a reliable SUV. But then I found him a sweet deal on a Rodeo... And I almost considered buying it too but I gave him the specs and guys phone number and drove home in the Pathy. I hope he gets it and I can spend his money modding it to my equal and go wheeling.

I missed two pages, but this was a test. If it is of any interest to anyone, I can scan the 90 pages and i'll spread the TASK on about 10 posts. We'll then take this conversation to a more appropriate place. Sorry for not being in the topic here.

Today i wanted to take a pic and post it here... someone stole my camera in the central console!