What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

3.0 Pathfinder vs a 3.0 4Runner... that's a pretty sad drag race LOL.

I had a look under the hood just to see how stuff was doing and was surprised to find all of my upper intake manifold bolts were loose. I could swear I ran all those down the last time I had the intake off, but I did have it off a few times, so maybe I forgot on final assembly. Still ran just fine. I ran them down again and plan to keep an eye on them, maybe add some loctite if they back out again.

• Like 1

Apologized to both of them after letting them sit for 2 weeks as I kicked around in the Caribbean on a cruise ship. I'm back now ladies. Let's get dirty.

Finally got around to wiring up my Cree led bar. I learnt a lot how relays work lol. Hardest part was trying to squeeze the wiring through the grommet in the firewall. I had to also unscrew the centre console that surrounds the T handle to thread the wiring under the carpet and up through a spare switch hole next to the hand brake. The switch hole was square and of course the switch that came with the wiring kit was round! So I had to fab a piece of mdf that was square, make a hole in it to fit the switch and covered it with a piece of stick on carbon fibre. Bit on adjustment on the led bar to get the right lighting angle and 3 hours later I was set to hit the tracks. Also found a plastic gutter thing that I found fits my phone perfectly so I mounted it to the top of my centre console where the centre air vents are with some double sided tape. Looks like a factory option. Will post pics.

Fixed my Harbor Freight torque wrench. It sounds like a manly clicker torque wrench now. Lol it was not clicking anymore since I backed out the spring too far allowing the clicker thing to rotate inside.

I relocated my oil filter relocation last night. Wasn't happy with the previous location next to the Power steering reservoir. Always had to pull the battery to avoid getting oil everywhere.

Used two pieces of 1/4" aluminum to make a sandwich mount for the tranny xmember. Ran the hoses through a heat shield tube, so hopefully will minimize the heat pickup from the headers.

Had to extend the lines about a foot. Used some brass splicers and double clamped every connection. No leaks/issues yet, but I'm looking for a decent hydraulic shop to make me some new lines.

the 3.3 is sitting in the 88 and bolted in slowly working on removing the 88 wire loom and installing the 95 loom, but it's too dam hot during the day to work on it so only working on it early mornings and late afternoons.

Still trying to come up with a crank pully

Getting close to needing new tires - not what I wanted to find out, because new tires is going to require me to get the front end aligned, which is going to require brand new parts everywhere, or decent JY parts

Took my SAS'd South African Pathy for its first long run (180km), after doing a castor correction from 1,5 to 7deg.

Not overly impressed and have now got death wobble from 70km upward.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Finally replaced the transmission harness that the PO hacked up. Got reverse lights now.

Replaced the broken headlight adjusters and aimed them. Put an unbroken rear dome light in. Put new block off plates in the dash and center console. Put my power mirror switch in, not quite sure how to get it wired up yet though.

3384ba4b4a7b8d319b26a9c650e527bd.jpgJust showing my relay install for my led bar, the wiring going through the grommet in the firewall and the plastic rail thing I found that was perfect for holding mobile phone, plus added benefit of keeping it cool in summer because it's location in front of the air vents ab57787515d75813971f2dc93fad42e1.jpg90aeba24245de8f0d0704e4093d270eb.jpg

Finally finally finally found a pair of 33 spline Warn Hubs. Made the mistake of buying some 32 spline's last year, and have been looking ever since. Super happy with them already, and have seen a 1-2 mpg boost over what I had been averaging for the 2 years that I've owned the truck.

Replaced the Bose stereo with a JVC unit from crutchfield. The harness made it an easy swap. Surprisingly, it sounds much better and now I have bluetooth streaming for phone too.

p1950657217-4.jpg

p2104427271-4.jpg

• Like 1

went to pickapart this morning and pulled a complete dash from a 95, pad has some cracks but I'll pick up a cover for it.

Dash and a steering wheel with the cruise buttons on it and a light switch and wiper switch total i27.00 military discount.

Slowly getting the 88 back togetherd

Edited by vagabond

New tires, new shocks, new bushings, fresh alignment, new fluids all around, new e-brake cable and drum pads, repacked bearings. Spent so much money and so much time that I am now officially broke - and officially plan on not spending another nickle on parts for this truck ever again.