What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Being new to Pathfinders and having a new one to me, I went this morning to my Nissan mechanic.

My new to me pathy had a oil change, with oil, gasoline and air filters. He changed the front break pads and rear brake bands, and coolant liquid.

After that I bought new tires, FireStone Destination A/T 265-70R16... Do some balance and alignment of the tires.

For now we are going to use the pathy on weekends, and going some light offroad next to my parents country house, and some trips out of the city...

image_zps2w4f09yc.jpeg

image_zpskjxbdwob.jpeg

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

I spent my lunch fixing the non-operative tail light (already did the passenger side during the summer) and replaced the socket with a new one from NAPA then filed, wire brushed and welded a slab of soft steel to the rusty area behind the rear wheel to keep the tire from throwing dirty water/sand and salt directly at my electrical connections. I also removed, disassembled and wd-40ed ( verb?... noun?) the rear wiper amplifier box and the one for the power door locks..... Although I'm sure that just removing the 5CCs of water from inside was more than enough care. Forgot to plug the ECU in after the welding and had a moment of panic when I tried to start it. Oh... and I lit myself on fire for a second because I was, once again, welding in a t-shirt while lying down. I do NOT recommend that.

The left headlight case was yelloish... So i decided to,take it out and send it to restore... The person who did the work it like a magician... Now the case looks like new!

image_zpsvsuo2s05.jpeg

image_zpsnm9a3g8q.jpeg

Didn' t take the before picture.... Sorry about that..

mickmutante - Gallardo

Nice. How much did that cost you if you don't mind me asking? I recently crushed a corner light on a trail and found out that new lights are super cheap! $20 CAD delivered for corners and $40 for headlights. From wrench monkey.ca.

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

Nice. How much did that cost you if you don't mind me asking? I recently crushed a corner light on a trail and found out that new lights are super cheap! $20 CAD delivered for corners and $40 for headlights. From wrench monkey.ca.

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

It cost COP$50.000 (Colombian pesos), but is USD is something like $17.oo... Here is a normal price for that type of work...

Fleurys spring lift installed!!! 2" in the back ( back only at this point, front is going to be later ).... My marvelous assistant Joey was a godsend today, I think I would have given up after the first one was done. 2hr wrestling match with the passenger side due to errant spring compressors sliding around. The drivers' side was over and done with in 25 minutes. Before shots look like a regular stock Pathfinder.

The NEW look:

DSCF0616_zpsescwrlyu.jpg

DSCF0618_zpsqehyf8ew.jpg

DSCF0615_zpsncfh9a7i.jpg

Edited by SpecialWarr
  • Like 2

Fleurys spring lift installed!!! 2" in the back ( back only at this point, front is going to be later ).... My marvelous assistant Joey was a godsend today, I think I would have given up after the first one was done. 2hr wrestling match with the passenger side due to errant spring compressors sliding around. The drivers' side was over and done with in 25 minutes. Before shots look like a regular stock Pathfinder.

The NEW look:

DSCF0616_zpsescwrlyu.jpg

DSCF0618_zpsqehyf8ew.jpg

DSCF0615_zpsncfh9a7i.jpg

Good LORD that is some bad rust in the back there. I think you need to hangout at my place, and bring the truck with you.

Good LORD that is some bad rust in the back there. I think you need to hangout at my place, and bring the truck with you.

Yeaaa ... there is some welding to be done for sure. I really need to commit 4 days to clean, prep, cut, fit and weld that back end and rockers... I just can't seem to find the 4 consecutive days.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Yeaaa ... there is some welding to be done for sure. I really need to commit 4 days to clean, prep, cut, fit and weld that back end and rockers... I just can't seem to find the 4 consecutive days.

Now I know what your pathy look like! Great looking truck for an 1990, my 1995 safari green use to be like yours, black front fender lol

just for info, my dad buy a brand new 1990 path in 1990, in 2001 the truck got complete paint job, new rear quarter where welded in place... ect... so yours with 25 years is not that bad! LOL

If you look for a cheap and efficient method of patching hole and if you don't care too much the look, patch it with sheet metal and glue it with fast curing urethane 2K from napa (not the epoxy one who take 1 million years to react)

You can go either speed ( i think 3 or 4 curing speed is available) I chose the 1-3 min working time who is the second fastest, so you got 1-3 min after the mix to apply the urethane and apply pressure. 1 hour total adhesion time... the faster one give you 30-60 sec. of working time, who is great sometimes.. but can be a bitch on humid day... when the NCO in the urethane react with water like hell and you got 30 sec. or less of working time!! LOL

Pm me if you want pic or more info!

On my 1995 sapphire blue:

-Begging to remove body rust with the buffer (with a cutter disc). I have no mercy, corrosion have to go!

- front seat are removed, the leather stitch are broken so I will repair them

-complete Inspection of the floor

-Begging to clean the hole in the driver floor, rust is bad in that spot

-Ditch the driver side front carped in the trash, completely wet, just too disgusting to save that, I will take one from part truck

-Complete sanitation of the truck, i bought the truck but I didn't drive it very much, needed work before putting a lot of km in it

- WORKING FACTORY CD!!! Yeah I'm so in heaven right now! lol, got speaker working too! It was the Upper unit that was faulty not the cd unit

-Interior door panel dismantled and cleaned to hell lol

- Repair the latch of the tire carrier.. and few other thing!

I have Narva 120 plus headlights in mine that give 30% extra light distance plus changed my front park lamp globes to SMD Leds. So much brighter than standard filament globes.

Interior light is a festoon Led still need to change the rear cargo light to Led just need to find the right size.

Still waiting for my 20 inch Cree led light bar to arrive. Scored off Ebay on auction for $56.

Then I can ditch my 10 years + old spotties. Seriously they are that old they are rusting away and hanging by the chrome surrounds.

Now I know what your pathy look like! Great looking truck for an 1990, my 1995 safari green use to be like yours, black front fender lol

just for info, my dad buy a brand new 1990 path in 1990, in 2001 the truck got complete paint job, new rear quarter where welded in place... ect... so yours with 25 years is not that bad! LOL

If you look for a cheap and efficient method of patching hole and if you don't care too much the look, patch it with sheet metal and glue it with fast curing urethane 2K from napa (not the epoxy one who take 1 million years to react)

You can go either speed ( i think 3 or 4 curing speed is available) I chose the 1-3 min working time who is the second fastest, so you got 1-3 min after the mix to apply the urethane and apply pressure. 1 hour total adhesion time... the faster one give you 30-60 sec. of working time, who is great sometimes.. but can be a bitch on humid day... when the NCO in the urethane react with water like hell and you got 30 sec. or less of working time!! LOL

Pm me if you want pic or more info!

On my 1995 sapphire blue:

-Begging to remove body rust with the buffer (with a cutter disc). I have no mercy, corrosion have to go!

- front seat are removed, the leather stitch are broken so I will repair them

-complete Inspection of the floor

-Begging to clean the hole in the driver floor, rust is bad in that spot

-Ditch the driver side front carped in the trash, completely wet, just too disgusting to save that, I will take one from part truck

-Complete sanitation of the truck, i bought the truck but I didn't drive it very much, needed work before putting a lot of km in it

- WORKING FACTORY CD!!! Yeah I'm so in heaven right now! lol, got speaker working too! It was the Upper unit that was faulty not the cd unit

-Interior door panel dismantled and cleaned to hell lol

- Repair the latch of the tire carrier.. and few other thing!

I would go with epoxy since we use it often here in the shop but I have a welder and it's the only thing that will work around here at these temperatures. Besides we are coming up to the holiday season and I hope to be able to get some time to getter done!

Well It's been over a month now since I burned up my tranny in Patti, she's my 95 Pathfinder, running around on the levy. Never ever trust soft dirt, just climb the hill, trust me lol

I've painfully tried to be patient as my buddy Jim changed out the transmission. The poor guy...he's not real big on patience anyway. It took two days at pick-n-pull to pull one. By the way, there is at least 6 perfectly good Pathfinder just in Stockton, Ca alone if you need parts. We, well he, finally found the 4 hidden bolts on day 2 and we were able to give Patti her transplant. I knew where the bolts were because of the awesome links in this forum that led me to a really good service and repair manual plus the supplement for free, but I'm just a girl, so mechanics and husbands get bored listening to me...lol I pulled door sensors, relays, lightbulbs, and weather stripping for $18 out the door, while he finished up. My truck sat in the drive way for the next 3 weeks getting what we hoped would be a good tranny installed. Patti and I were both a little stir crazy by the end but we made it finally. I pulled the entire center consul, seats, radio, and visors in the front and cleaned them up while we waited to see if the transplant took. I am happy to say that the tranny was good and Patti is shifting just fine again, she has more power than before, so .....I'm awfully glad. I paid the $250 to Jim up front cuz 3 weeks is way too long to get the tranny replaced, again, just this girl's opinion. I now still have what looks like a cable that is hanging underneath it all to hook back up. My front end is sitting way to low to be right, something sounds like a high pitch grinding from the mid/front section underneath that I need to find and fix. Belts, hoses, and spark plugs and wires to replace to be road ready. Thanks to all of you here in the forum, in the garage. Nicoclub freebies and pic-n-pull, and the awesomenessof the repair manual, I'm pretty sure Patti and I will be ready to hit the dirt by next week. I'm really looking to some quality time in my Pathfinder and I need to go get a Christmas tree. I will be going back to puck-n-pul often to replace cosmetic pieces and pull parts that I don't want to buy new from the bounty of Pathfinders there. I will also post what years and models are there in case anyone else here needs or wants parts that they can't get in their own area. I also visit family in Modesto, ca quite often so I will go hunt there as well to see what their selection looks like. I have 259k on this engine and it's strong, never leaks, never gets hot, and rarely goes through fluid. Now that the transmission had been replaced I'm willing to put $$ on the idea that I can look forward to at least another 100-200k miles on Patti the Pathfinder in the future.

• Like 3