What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

What happened? They side Swipe you?

Sent from fat fingers on S6

Yea a 17 yr old in mommy's company Yukon side swiped me a day before we left on a 7 day adventure fishing trip into canada haha. Pics if the Canadian adventure to come, had some fun on the endless logging trails in northern Ontario

The cb arrived today so I wired it all up and tuned it. I can only it it 1.7 on 1 and 40 but 1.2 on 20. Im happy with it but would like to be a tad lower

I don't know much about CB radios TBH but someone that does tried to tune mine and no matter what we tried, he couldn't get the SWR reading to even a decent level, it was/is very high. Yet my radio works perfectly fine and I've used it quite a bit over decent distances. So I'm sure you have nothing to worry about with those readings lol. Got pics of the install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ I will put it in my build thread, but in at drill till like 11 tonight. They aren't going to release us for a while but I will get photos of it finished, as well as a quick install.

Fabbed up a Hidden reciever hitch behind my liscence plate to accept a 2" reciever. Just bolted and welded to current reciever hitch that you had to change the ball on(not to fond of a ball on at all times.) Now I just have to figure out my hinged liscence plate and I'll be good to go! :aok:

• Like 2

Began building my winch bar, still a fair bit of work to do but we at least got the winch mounted up today. Had to put bumper ends back on though to get it home. Tubing to come another day.

20150815_101836_zpskmtal5r8.jpg

20150815_115659_zpspyq4osxg.jpg

20150816_153453_zpsyrepopeg.jpg

20150816_155316_zpsog44wgle.jpg

20150816_183940_zpskysftpdf.jpg

• Like 2

Dang man I am proud of ya miggin' with no gloves! Looks awesome!

That's my aircraft engineer of a mate... pretty sure his hands are immune by this stage of his life :laugh: If not they definitely are after yesterday!

More frame welding. Had to break into my angle iron for some areas that were too bad to patch. On a side note, molten metal dropping into your shoe doesn't hurt as much as you would think. Fortunately, the foam insole melted and the hot metal dropped away from my heel before too much damage was done. 2 small burns on my heel (mainly just black spots), a couple holes burned through my sock and 2 holes in the insole of my shoe that look like something burrowed down there.

Took sun visors off to scrub clean, wow they were so dirty. Ten years of grime that came off, they actually look brand new now. Problem is, now I cleaned them they won't stay upwards and keep drooping. Any fixes? I've seen a video of someone using velcro but that looks nasty.

Squirt a little silicone caulking into the knuckle joint at the ceiling.. It will last till it wears out. Maybe do it again in 6 months. It saved me from a slap or two in the head on my old truck on sharp corners,..

Got rear ended... again.... which brings my total up to 3. Bumper is less bacon-ed and more noodl-ed now, and I actually think I might be able to pull it straight now!

I had several close calls and one tap against the spare before I added a high-mount brake light (HMBL) - and none since then. :aok:

I think people are so used to the HMBLs that it catches them off guard when it's missing. It's worth the effort IMO, and probably easier than straightening out the bumper.

And what did I do to my Pathfinder today? Backed it out of the garage in case the drip from the leaky roof caused the drywall to fall down... :( Just something else to add to the non-Pathfinder fix-it list...

I had several close calls and one tap against the spare before I added a high-mount brake light (HMBL) - and none since then. :aok:

I think people are so used to the HMBLs that it catches them off guard when it's missing. It's worth the effort IMO, and probably easier than straightening out the bumper.

Being mildly lazy here, but assuming that you just spliced the line on one of the brake lights and used LED HMBL for low-draw on that line?

Being mildly lazy here, but assuming that you just spliced the line on one of the brake lights and used LED HMBL for low-draw on that line?

Exactly what I ended up with. I ran the wiring down the LH side and used Posi-Taps to connect into the factory harness.

I couldn't find one from a 93-95 WD that was in decent shape, so I originally tried using the 9-bulb HMBL from an R50 and 3M moulding adhesive to hold it to the glass, it didn't hold very well.

I ended up finding an LED HMBL from a Toyota Land Cruiser or its Lexus clone in the JY that was a near perfect fit. It's a self-contained inside mount unit that's ~18" wide - so plenty of LEDs to get people's attention. I had to shave a little off of the HMBL cover trim piece, and then used a bit of sticky tape to hold it up until I got a couple screws into the back hatch upper trim piece, and it hasn't fallen down since.

I'll try to get some pics tonight to show what I mean.

Edited by xterra

Squirt a little silicone caulking into the knuckle joint at the ceiling.. It will last till it wears out. Maybe do it again in 6 months. It saved me from a slap or two in the head on my old truck on sharp corners,..

Fixed it a while back with super glue, I let it run down where the bar goes into the sun visor, now they are up good and tight.

Fitted a grease fitting to my rear tyre carrier but found the carrier won't close with the grease fitting so close to the angle, so I had to grease the fitting, unscrew it then close the carrier. Interesting job though painful.

Well I did a bit more running around today and picked up some mounts for a spade and axe for the roof rack I installed earlier in the morning. ftoav9.jpg

Edited by Bubbley11