What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Got tired of my air con drain leaking water all over my frame and exhaust so I got a foot and a half of 12mm shrink wrap tube, heated up the kettle and put boiling water in a cup a half inch deep. Put the tube end in, so the end would shrink down. It was just the right diameter to fit into the air con drain tube and ran the tube down through a gap away from the exhaust and body. Nice little mod.

Finally got all my parts that I ordered for the new pathy to get it ready for winter duty. The tear down begins today! New gates timing belt assembly with tensioner and water pump. New front cam and crank seals. Also going to be swapping the radiator as well as all 2wd steering bits from my old truck over to the new one as well as my low pro bump stops/steering damper/rear springs.

Going to make a new idler arm brace as well so I can put my old one on the old ladies truck and she can take hers in for a tow alignment.

will be sitting right around 7" of suspension lift once it's all said and done! Not even sure if I want to move the body lift over after. ..would end up with 10" of lift lol.

Edited by Nefarious

Well i pulled the 2wd steering links, steering damper, idler arm brace, trans cooler, low pro bump stops, ball joint spacers, steering box and fog light relay wiring out of the old 93.

Tore down the entire timing assembly and water pump off the new 92 and starting cleaning the front of the engine. One of the cam seals was absolutely obliterated and pouring oil and the crank seal was weeping.

Also pulled the leaking brake master cylinder and started cleaning off the corrosion from the brake booster to get ready to paint it in preparation of the new master cylinder.

Tomorrow i will be finishing cleaning up the front of the engine and removing the old water pump gasket. Im also going to clean and paint the timing covers and all the other misc tubes and brackets while its all apart.

Then it's a waiting game until my new lisle seal puller arrives. I'm not even going to bother pulling the seals until it arrives. I know how much if a pain it can be and after seeing a demo video of it in action I might as well wait until it shows up in the mail in a few days.

Edited by Nefarious

Diagnosed my speedo issue - turned out to be the gauge and not the gear. :(

Put in a K&N air filter, replaced the air intake duct and the two smaller hoses that come off of it - all were split or wrapped in tape by the PO.

Last, I started (and finished) my headlight relay mod. Along with new set of SilverStars to replace the (apparently original) bulbs that were in it, there's a very noticeable improvement - at least in the garage. :jig: Roadtest has to wait a bit until it's dark outside.

Mounted up a Tru cool 18 000 gvw trans cooler. Cleaned up the front of the motor and the oil pump. Scraped off the old water pump gasket and got everything ready for re installation. Just waiting on the front crank seal and lisle seal puller in the mail to finish it all up..

I spent the weekend bailing on plans to swap parts with adamzan, taking care of my wife who came down with the flu and got some connectors removed and re-wired .... corrosion so bad that the female blade connector inside the plastic came out as blue powder. And I figured out that the power window amp from a 240sx does not work in a pathfinder.

I spent the weekend bailing on plans to swap parts with adamzan, taking care of my wife who came down with the flu and got some connectors removed and re-wired .... corrosion so bad that the female blade connector inside the plastic came out as blue powder. And I figured out that the power window amp from a 240sx does not work in a pathfinder.

You will love the duras in the snow... best tire ever!

Today I pulled the brake booster out of my 93 parts truck and started cleaning the rust off it and sanding it down and getting it ready for paint. The one in the new 92 is absolutely trashed rusty from a horribly leaky master cylinder. Also cleaned all the grease and grime off the timing covers as well to get them ready for paint as well.

Can't wait to get all the new parts back on with fresh black paint on it all and a new master cylinder. Almost ready for winter!

Drove it for 200 miles in 4WD, mountains were extremely snowy in Colorado.

I like the fact that the 4WD limits wheel slip by further distributing a lack of power!

On another note, really pissed at it because it was doing weird stuff 10 miles from home. Loss of power associated with the gas pedal while climbing a hill, felt similar to what happens when you hit the rev limiter in any other car, except magnified. Turned on my flashers, which made it worse, so I turned them off and limped to the top of the hill. Let it idle for a while, which got rid of the whole bucking-horse power problem. Let it idle outside my apartment for 30 minutes, came back out, everything was fine. Power fine, dash lights didn't dim when I turned on the headlights. Stuggled to re-start when I tried. The woes of a loose alternator belt/ alternator that is getting ready to lay down and die. :headwall:

Drove it for 200 miles in 4WD, mountains were extremely snowy in Colorado.

I like the fact that the 4WD limits wheel slip by further distributing a lack of power!

On another note, really pissed at it because it was doing weird stuff 10 miles from home. Loss of power associated with the gas pedal while climbing a hill, felt similar to what happens when you hit the rev limiter in any other car, except magnified. Turned on my flashers, which made it worse, so I turned them off and limped to the top of the hill. Let it idle for a while, which got rid of the whole bucking-horse power problem. Let it idle outside my apartment for 30 minutes, came back out, everything was fine. Power fine, dash lights didn't dim when I turned on the headlights. Stuggled to re-start when I tried. The woes of a loose alternator belt/ alternator that is getting ready to lay down and die. :headwall:

might also want to check the maf connector for loose pin receptacles or maybe a dirty sensor if the alternator/belt doesn't pan out.

today I ground down, sanded, many metal parts. Refurbished some washer pumps to make an intercooler sprayer... and finished cleaning up the brake booster and timing covers. Managed to paint a few pieces with a first coat but got cold too fast so it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Edited by Nefarious

might also want to check the maf connector for loose pin receptacles or maybe a dirty sensor if the alternator/belt doesn't pan out.

Refurbished some washer pumps to make an intercooler sprayer

Turns out my alternator belt was 180 degrees loose. Somehow the bolt to hold the alternator on the adjustment rail came really loose/never got tightened, and so the pulley was like 3-4 inches off from where it should have been. Whoops. All better now.

Intercooler sprayers for the win tho