What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Downloaded the factory a/t manual, and am grunting my way through the diagnostics to figure out why my line pressure is so high.

On dry or wet pavement, it's not a big deal, but if I get into packed snow/ice this winter, that 1-2 shift will send me sideways.

Even the 2-3 shift will rattle your fillings.

I had this very hard 1-2 shift on mine until I changed fluid and filter. That solved the problem. Ph.

Downloaded the factory a/t manual, and am grunting my way through the diagnostics to figure out why my line pressure is so high.

On dry or wet pavement, it's not a big deal, but if I get into packed snow/ice this winter, that 1-2 shift will send me sideways.

Even the 2-3 shift will rattle your fillings.

The 1-2 shift is always hard. It's actually better for the trans as it doesn't slip the clutches to make a smooth shift like most do.

Today, I mostly did the worst ever paint job of my life on the bonnet of the Pathy... Sorry old girl. I did, however, successfully replace the worn top pin in my tyre carrier with a 16mm high tensile bolt. Play is gone, no more rattle!!!

I've been there, I decided to paint my bonnet gloss black with rattle cans. Painted it, looked great. Next morning it was god awful. The dew overnight formed all these bubble things in the paint. To cut a long story short, I ended up professional painters $400 and they did an amazing job.

• Like 1

One more reason I want to build my drawers this winter is so I can pack seasonal equipment.

I would do drawers, but I have neither the time nor the motivation. It would be awesome to do though.

Do what them Jeepers do, get some of them carpet strips with nails and sandpaper and mount them to your roof rack for recovery :gay:

AAAArrggghhhhh!!! I have the bonnet from hell :angry: .

Removed all old crud / paint with thinners. Flat back with P240, P600, P1000. Sealer / high build primer, 2 coats and flat back between. Top coat of matte black (Same manufacturer and matching acrylic paint for the primer). Looked great for about an hour... Now looks like its got a shrinking plastic sheet with cracks and bubbles. I am not a happy bunny.

Right, that's it, back to bare metal for you my lad. Now where did I put that angle grinder and flap wheel?

Any decent paint sprayers in Perth? :blush:

Fixed the passenger's side electric mirror, it hadn't been working for months... and I found that it was just because the connectors are disconnected!

Also there was a high squeek from the glass when I press the down button, it was just a dry rubber.

Put some sound deadeners on both front doors.

Came out of one of my laneways a bit to fast today and dragged the nut for my trailer hitch through the dirt. I'm glad that was what the noise was...I thought I'd broken a shock or something.

$400 for the bonnet, $350 for the back left door and rear quarter panel. They have the right gear there, air/dust extraction booth and a large bake room to dry the panels. They were very careful to remove any imperfections and they even gave the whole thing a wash and polish!

• Like 1

Received 2 silicone couplers in the mail. Just waiting for one more and i can start working on my custom intake setup. 2.75" pipe to match the throttle body inlet. 2.75" -3" couplers to mount the n60 maf and inline air filter and back to 2.75" for the rest of the snorkel. Come on parts! Hurry up in the mail!

Ran the compression in my old 93 XE with the vg33 swap. 180-190 psi across all cylinders, so I'm happy enough with that. The motor will be pulled and fresh timing, seals, lines, and paint will be installed before it makes it over into the new 92 SE. Had to get creative to run the compression since the dash and ignition have already been pulled out so I jumped the starter solenoid directly to the battery with a jumper tool I made, so as to complete the compression test before I pull the motor.

It's not hard, just make sure that the surfaces, heads and block, are nice and clean before putting it back together. And really, as with any gasket surface, the same goes for the intake manifold and any other gaskets you have to replace. Follow torque sequence and specs too! :aok:

Took all of the stuff that I was planning on installing before ski season out of the truck and into a box in my apartment. Need to focus more on school, and its getting too cold to work on wiring after 8 here in Colorado, so my fog lights will have to wait until summer. Xterra rack will be installed over Thanksgiving.

Tested and confirmed one of the head gaskets on my new to me truck is farked. Time to learn how to rip the motor apart lol.

Be sure to take the heads to the machine shop and have them decked.