What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Just mounted the 33 x 12.5 x 15 tires and 15 x 10 wheels on my new black pathy. Got a guy coming over to buy the 31s that came on it for 500$. :) and not on my pathy but I changed the slave cylinder on my 240sx...have a clutch again yay!

Ordered a new stereo for it. Been rocking the crappy half broken one I got for free to throw in after the truck got stolen. I love Kenwood's Excelon stereos, so I got the better version of what I had in it before.

Didn't do anything to it in particular.... except make it happy!!! Visited a junkyard that I've never been to before, mostly because their online inventory showed that they had !!!!!!!! 21 !!!!!!!!! Xterras, from which I wanted to steal a roof rack :happy:

I ended up getting distracted, and came across a red 1989 Pathfinder. This isn't an uncommon thing in Colorado, to see Pathy's in the junkyard, but this one was different from all the other ones I've ever seen.

You see, whoever owned this Pathfinder was a Pathfinder enthusiast, maybe even a member of this very site. How do I know this? Because of what he had done to the car.

It had Warn Manual hubs on the front, the 3" body lift from Performance Accessories. It had a beautiful looking exhaust, and a goofy looking chrome rim mounted on the spare tire carrier, while the other rims it sported were black. It had newer looking blue poly bushings, and not stock-looking but not high-end looking UCA's, not to mention the fact that the vehicle had ZERO, and I mean ZEROOOOOO rust, ANYWHERE. Not even flecks of rust in the bottom of the door well, like there usually is, or in the frame above the rear suspension.

However, the biggest tip-off to the fact that this Pathy was a special Pathy was this.

2q0m49e.jpg

Inscribed on the top of the gauge cluster was the phrase "Kilroy waz here." I stopped my removal of the hubs when I saw this, and took a couple of minutes to get into the car and just sit. I felt sorry for whoever had owned this Pathy, because from what I remember, it only had 190k on the clock. That, with the fact that this person had clearly cared about this car a great deal, as we all do, kind of touched me.

Anyways, I grabbed an Xterra roof rack, the lower dash pocket from a 93 LE (rareeee), the cargo net from an 06, and the Warn hubs from the 89.

Pics to come as I install things, and I will be routing a second CB to the roof rack, as well as running the wire for my fuzz buster along the headliner out through the mirror hole. Should be fun.

**Sorry for the long post, just thought I would share my experience with you guys, and kinda hope that somebody will recognize this and knows who the person is.

• Like 1

I swapped keys this morning with my fiancee, just to see if the door lock is in need of a cleaning or whether the key is getting too old.... I think a bit of both. Left with her key, drove to work and thought about hitting the series of mud puddles... but I'm going to have it steam cleaned before the weekend, because my family will probably give it more respect!

Haven't really posted here much at all, but figured I might as well share.

Mounted some new rubber yesterday, General Grabber AT2's, 155/70/15. Excited to give 'em a proper test this long weekend! A little rubbing in the right wheel well though when turned right at full lock on the brake line cover, debating spacers at the moment.

IMG_3373.jpg

I've got some duct tape if you need to keep that in there more, permanent like..... 'just sayin'!

I've come to find that people enjoy it when it bounces up toward the sky at night. Its a way to test their reflexes, and I feel that they might even thank me!

Filled up the tire that has a slight leak. Was down to 7 psi after sitting for 6 months. Prepping some 15 x 7 alloys to replace the 15 x 10 steel rims for daily driving. I figure cutting well over 100 lbs off of my wheel weight will help mileage and power... also continue continued to tear down my old rig. Today will be dismantling the front end to reclaim my 2wd steering mod parts and steering damper/idler arm brace as well as any other goodies to swap over to the new rig. Also going to throw a battery into the old truck so I can run a compression test on the vg33e swap to determine if I should rebuild it before swapping it into the new truck. It's going to need to be healthy to handle 15 psi or greater worth of turbo :)

1 U.S. gallon of high quality pre-owned gasoline, moved the plate bracket up high on the tire carrier, and a quick trip around town. I really have to get motivated to start throwing parts at him and be street legal again

Wd21 guards block the hole for the pin to hold the spare tire carrier from swinging at you when open. The genius in me finally realized today it will work if you stick the pin through the bottom of the hinge :lol: (may not work with a rear bumper attached to vechile :shrug: )

Wd21 guards block the hole for the pin to hold the spare tire carrier from swinging at you when open. The genius in me finally realized today it will work if you stick the pin through the bottom of the hinge :lol: (may not work with a rear bumper attached to vechile :shrug: )

I've got a custom steel rear bumper. I left a gap away from the body so I can stand on my rear bumper easily and it's open in between so I should be able to get the pin in from the bottom I think. If you ever decide you don't like them anymore... let me know! :)

P.s. I finally got around to getting my old truck up on jackstands and getting the wheels off! I will be gone this weekend, but can pull them when I get back and have some time. Should be able to grab those brake parts for you by next weekend. I didn't forget!

Edited by Nefarious

Never thought you did, I'm not exactly on a pressured time table here, still have plenty of other parts of the project to work on as well.

If I decide to offload them, (or find a second set of either the guards and/or the covers) I'll make sure to notify you :aok: