What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Agreed, looks slick with the steering wheel. I'm guessing the vents aren't directional anymore too?

Well the holes in the grille mesh are actually angled so you do get a degree of direction towards you BUT it can't be adjusted obviously. Does the job for me though :happy:

Yep exactly that, both the surrounds and vents themselves were pretty busted so removed the lot. I then cut out the shape to be slightly larger than the hole and bent the edges over so they just slid in tightly at the perfect size.

do you by any chance know what brand the mesh was so I could look it up? My girlfriends truck is missing the vent trims all around and this looks like a great alternative

It was just purchased from the local auto store here in New Zealand, it's there own brand. Probably find similar stuff on eBay though id imagine. Especially if you look at the Australian site

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

I took it for a short drive, picked up rear disks and pads for $30, filled it with gas, gave it a wash and now it's going to rain.... but whatever! Going to look at some new fenders tomorrow; maybe get some bumpers and fender flares as well but we'll see how negotiable the price is!

Welcome WAVEY

Please create a new welcome thead in the New Members section ("New People Start Here!") and introduce yourself to everyone, with those pics you mentioned :aok:

Lol, thread jacking in my second post ;)http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/38881-my-1991-pathfinder/

We know...we've been following you too! Just kiding and welcome. Send those pictures.

^^ see above

Finally got my flash EPROMs in the mail. Spent the last couple evenings getting them configured in the EPROM programmer and after much frustration I finally got it cracked! Successfully programmed my first ECU chips today! Was a good day.

Went shopping at someones' house last night! His Pathy died a while ago from frame cancer and he still had some parts floating around. Picked up a truckload of parts (all factory Nissan parts) for cheap..... and must remember to ask adamzan what he has for parts floating around!

Changed oil using synthetic oil

5w30 castrol. New filter too.

Did a temp repair on my rear bumper by removing the broken bolts and rethreading the nuts to use 1/2" machine screws. Spray paint them to protect against rust. I will have to go a proper fix but for now it works and doesn't look like it will fall off during a commute.

Inspected my tie rods, control arms, all front suspension. Everything is ok, just the struts are no good. It can wait.

Trailing arms need to be replaced though. Not immediately, but eventually.

Oh, clean the engine compartment with a pressure washer (safely). Nice and shiny now.

I didn't get around to fixing the evap system. Not in a rush.

Topped up all fluids. Everything is hunky dorky. :)

Stared at it while wishing I could have more time for rust repairs and rocker guard paint on the body. Wished I had the cash on hand for manual locking hubs.

Stared at my gg at2 tire to admire them.

Almost ready for my hunting trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice backyard!

My idle was acting up the other day (as it likes to do on occasion), and I found that wiggling the MAF plug seemed to clear it up. Today I stripped the electrical tape off from around the plug end and found a frayed end of some kind of ground strap sticking out. :scratchhead: The FSM shows something in there with the wires, but isn't specific on what it's for. My guess is that it's supposed to suppress whatever electrical noise the MAF wiring picks up, and it's not supposed to have a frayed end sticking out... somebody's been into this harness.

Productive day today. Swapped over parts from the old 93 into the new 92 again. Ngk ignition wires, non broken accordion intake pipe, replaced all the broken and cracked vacuum lines with new blue silicon lines. Also finished putting the doors back together after adding the defrosting side mirrors.

I also finally tested the custom chipped ecu in my girlfriends truck and it worked first time!! Got to say I'm pretty stoked about that one. Been working at this one for a while now and it's nice to say it's working flawlessly. Next step will be to actually implement some changes in the tune. So far it's running on a programmed eprom chip but with just the factory 95 pathfinder tune. ??

Changed the oil and filter. Installed my Fumoto quick drain valve. Replaced the Oil Pressure sensor. As my original was leaking something fierce, just used a aftermarket one. Cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaner, and cleaned the TB with TB cleaner. Used a whole can as the 'outside' wasnt bad. But inside was pretty oil soaked, hey 202k miles.

Re installed all the skid plates. I've had them off since last oil change, heh. Topped off other fluids.

Side note, switched from Mobil 1 5W30 high mileage Full Syn to Valvoline 5W30 high mileage Full Syn.

Edited by Rebelord

Follow some friends with Impreza's up a mountain road to a reservoir in the mountains.. almost rolled twice, spun the tires thrice and kicked their asses on the downhill dirt.

All at 1 am, so I got to listen to my Pathy clear its throat in the woods for a couple hours :whistle:

Edited by CO_pathfinder