What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

finally got some real snow! been looking forward to it all year. 8 inches on the ground and its climbing! went bombing around in the snow yesterday. really loving having the LSD and 4 wheel disc setup now! so much more traction and braking for the bad weather. i live in a really mountainous area on the west coast of BC on vancouver island so good tires are a must here and i say, my duratracs did amazing! my truck goes up hills in 2wd that trucks in 4wd have difficulty with. 4wd is just beast mode, its unstoppable! lol

how difficult is it to put discs in the back?

Took out my idler pulley that was making horrible noises. Opened the sealed bearing and found it to be full of crap but the bearings themselves seemed to be ok. Cleaned it good with carb cleaner and it rolled nice and smooth. Smeared a little grease in the bearing and sealed it up again. RUnning much quieter now but I know it's shot. Should have a replacement from rockauto in a few days.

I did that a few years ago, except I didn't order a new one. It's still working!

Well, after the mud hole I had a brake caliper get stuck and eat my brake pad and a little bit of the rotor. After getting my rotors turned and getting a good functional caliper from a pick and pull, shes good now! Manage to also get a sunroof cover too!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Drove to town for snow tires, wondered what was wrong with the truck all the way there, got the tires, wondered the same thing all the way back. Something metal smells hot when I park it and it drives like it's torque binding... oh joy. :tired:

On the plus side, the tires seem to grip pretty well.

I changed the timing belt,, rad hoses, water pump, valve cover gaskets, man that drivers side valve cover gasket sucks, next on the list is mile marker hubs, and fluerys 2in lift and camber bolts

Changed the oil over the weekend: Mobil 1 Synthetic 10w-30, with Mobil 1 filter (highest rated). The oil/filter combo is rated well, and I get the oil in 6qt packets from Sams Club.

Now after my debacle with the mechanic, I wasn't able to make it to the alignment shop this weekend thanks to my ****head friends, so that's on the agenda for this weekend. As well as figuring out what's going on with the rear end, as it feels like it crabs around corners somewhat.... takes moving out of driveways or across gutters much differently. Smoother but with more head toss...

Anyway, more sh** to do.

Drove to town for snow tires, wondered what was wrong with the truck all the way there, got the tires, wondered the same thing all the way back. Something metal smells hot when I park it and it drives like it's torque binding... oh joy. :tired:

On the plus side, the tires seem to grip pretty well.

Stuck brake caliper/wheel cylinder front/rear.....

Sunday i stole all of my stereo equipment out of it and put it in the sentra. :(

Put 2 fog lights in the bumber...changed my fuel,air,and oil filter..changed oil..got some 85w gear oik fir tranny...and am about to put 4 llights on top of the pathy

Sent from my LG-L40G using Tapatalk

I think I found my binding issue. I checked the brakes first, and they seemed alright. Rear diff seems alright, transfer's full (both could stand a change, though). I couldn't get to the plug on the front diff (couldn't find the 1/2" extender) but I took it out of 4x and disengaged the hubs and it drove like normal again! The CVs seem alright, I figure it has to be either the front driveshaft or the diff that's binding up, and I can't imagine that much binding coming from a couple of U-joints. Maybe that slow leak all over the front end wasn't coming from the valve covers after all... :doh: It's at the shop right now, so hopefully I'll get a call tomorrow and find out what the damage is.

(b1ndm4n, make sure that gear oil is GL-4!)

Out of curiosity have you ever serviced the auto locking hubs? They can get pretty nasty over the years. A good clean and lube might just be all it needs, otherwise I would say its the cvs....these diffs are pretty durable. I don't think I've ever seen a problem with a front diff (on a stock truck without front locker)

You just didn't want to get wet, it was dumping pretty good there this morning. LOL

Damn right! Funny though, dry as a bone until now that I'm focusing on the WD21 and its raining every other day... :rolleyes:

Pulled the lights off the bumper and started setting up the straps for the hoist.

B

I'll start on it tomorrow. ;)

No worries, but thanks for the thought. It won't be a big deal though with the hoist. Putting it on by myself with out a hoist is when I needed the help! :D

I opened the hood.

B

Fixed some shady wiring on my truck. Had some hesitation and died on me when I was stopped with my foot on the brake in drive. Managed to get it home driving carefully and using gas/brake at same time to keep it running (so hard to do with an auto! Can't wait to go manual).

Noticed the wiring to my voltage stabilizer was all chewed and gross. Previous owner installed it and did a really lazy job. Replaced all the wiring and fixed some missing grounds and boom! Truck runs better now than it has for the past couple months.