What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

My duratracs have taken me through anything. I was towing cars up hills in 6-8" of snow without even so much as tire spin in 4wd. Could even do it in 2wd, but it scared the drivers with all the snow it threw at their wind shield lol.

I don't know how you fall asleep and wake up in such a short amount of time! Takes me forever to get to sleep, even when im exhausted. By the time I start to doze off, it would be time to go back to work and I would just be groggy. Lol

A year or so back I tried to take a nap after an all-nighter and woke up so confused that I couldn't quite work out how many limbs I had or where they were attached. :blink: I don't do naps anymore!

Thanks for the tips on the Duratracs. When finances permit (and when I've sorted out a few other issues) I'll look into those.

I've got the Duratrac's on both my Titan and Pathfinder, and can tell you that you won't regret it. I've recommended them to anyone who has a truck of any kind. To date NOT one person has come back with a complaint about them.

Replaced my stabilizer bar links.What a difference !!! If I would have known $12 would fix my steering and handling issue I would have done it months ago. Durp....

IMG_20140214_091427_zps3bae73af.jpg

IMG_20140214_091335_zps64139559.jpg

IMG_20140214_091324_zpsa77a7ce7.jpg

IMG_20140214_090446_zpsad5dc11c.jpg

IMG_20140214_085710_zpsd13c9be8.jpg

You can see on the right side one of the bottom bushings were missing and the bolt starting wallowing out the hole. The spacers on the original bolts were rusted solid so I had to use a small hacksaw and bolt cutters to break the bolts and get them out of there. Made me late for work AND broke the tip of my bolt cutters. I was just at Harbor Freight this morning and seen they were selling a sawzall for 20 bucks. I said nah I'll wait until I make a snorkel later this week. Lol, now I wish I bought the darn thing.

I'm jealous. I want that Rancho! Lol. Maybe on my next Pathy. My current one is going to be my Lawn Maint. Truck in a couple of months. I was going to rebuild the whole thing but there is so much rust damage underneath the body, it just can't be repaired. Pathies are about 1200 around here all day long and I really want a 4 door. My back seat is all but useless, it's too hard for even my 6 year old to climb back there. I'll get another this summer.

Edited by mikestewart395

I bought this truck off the daughter for myself to have a project that I have always wanted to do. Most of the parts have come from 4x4parts You can see most of the changes in my members rides. 95 xe. We're lucky enough to have the Titan paid off, so I can afford to get quality stuff and take time. Truth is I'm jealous of you guy's that have their pathfinders out getting dirty on the trails, being an over the road truck driver, I don't get a lot of time.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a Waag push bar/brush guard off an R50 for 25 bucks. Just started modding it to fit the WD today. Cut off the old frame mount flanges and made some templates to tie it to my frame rail. Was kinda worried at first that it might not work but no it looks like it is gonna be easy peasy, just gotta straighten and shorten the guards for the "flat" front of the WD it will be awesome. Pretty beefy for a brush guard and feel pretty confident I can brace/gusset it enough to handle a winch... Pics next week sometime.

I tore off one of my factory hubs to figure out why it wasn't engaging right. The FSM says the two brake parts together should be 15.4 mm or more thick... mine was more like 14. I was amazed though, the bits that do the actual engaging looked mint. I got a horrible grinding noise out of the hub yesterday (like throwing it in park while moving, except from the hub), and I've gassed it and had the hubs smack into place more times than I can remember... I expected the bits that engage to be all chewed up, but they look brand new.

I'm still swapping them for manuals though!

I tried to get a key fob to program but no luck so it's going back to the retailer i got it from. (the fob not the truck) also discovered that the plastic molded piece protecting the gas tank tube behind the rear wheel wasn't doing a damn thing and was turned completely around, so i put it back in place.

I also took some pics of it to have as a reference for before and after shots for when i start doing some mods.

Replaced my starter and ended up swapping out my CV axels as well. I bought re manufactured CV's from autozone about 6 months ago and one went bad. Possibly on the trail. However lifetime warranty means free parts and only a couple hrs labor total for me. No more axel klunking sound in the front.

I installed a Grant steering wheel; the Classic Series Challenger (because it remindes me of Vanishing Point). Super easy mod, and done because the original was too far away from me to be comfortable and covered half the dash. I have not yet figured out how to get the self-cancelling turn singals back to working but I am thinking about it.

The original steering wheel had been chemically abused and the surface is no longer attached to the steel ring. And it was disgusting to look at. (Fiancee's comment!!)

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk

Bled my brakes. Went through half of a large bottle. But I still want to do more. Went from brownish fluid to a light yellow. So, still not a complete flush. Probably be best to get or build a pressure bleeder and do it again.

Soldered a new alternator connector to the other halfs pathy. The old one literally snapped off when I went to tug on it to see if it was why her alternator wasn't charging. So few strands were left of wire that the arcing was welding through the connector and turned some wire into a weld bead. Lol.

Charging at a perfect 14.41 volts again. Glad it wasn't the alternator!

Soldered a new alternator connector to the other halfs pathy. The old one literally snapped off when I went to tug on it to see if it was why her alternator wasn't charging. So few strands were left of wire that the arcing was welding through the connector and turned some wire into a weld bead. Lol.

Charging at a perfect 14.41 volts again. Glad it wasn't the alternator!

Had that happen to my old pf. Luckily you fixed it before it left you stranded like me.