What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Put together an old computer with Windows xp and a native parallel port so I can now hook up my eeprom programmer. Have acquired some m30 base tune files as well as ripped the factory pathfinder tune so I can start comparing tunes. T-minus 3 months to go (finish university) and the full ecu tuning project will be a go.

• Like 2

Went to the junk yard the other day.. And actually found a similar model/year pathy that still had the digital clock in the dash! Pulled it out and replaced the old dead clock in my dash.. The stealership wanted 145$!! for a new replacement dash clock. SMH :suicide: Works great! And only cost me 16$

I may be getting a new battery! :bounce::wiggle::jig:

And putting it in this evening.

This morning it was a long weak crank to start up......but it was -5F last night and is a balmy 19F now. In Dallas, Tx.

The battery is about 5-6 years old so it Is not totally surprising that it is getting time to replace.

I just hate spending $.

So today was oil and wiper change, and cleaning of the throttle body.

That seems (too early to make final call) to have addressed my intermittent stutter of late when starting.

Yes, it's not much. But it feels like an accomplishment here in Little Siberia.

Fixed the strut rod bushings on the passenger side today, and had to weld in some new metal where the rod had wallowed out the hole. The truck was making a clicking and popping noise in the front end especially noticeable when braking or accelerating rapidly. I decided after three months of driving with the noise to take a look after seeing the write up in the "How To" section. This is what I found, sorry about the bad pics

20140206153012_zps97ce5a80.jpg

This is the sleeve that was around the rod. Just made it through the sleeve and started on the rod. The rod was salvageable, with only a few dings in one place. The bracket on the frame however was not in as "good" shape. Luckily a buddy is a welder and happened to be in my garage helping me. After cleaning up the frame bracket and removing the old cup looking pieces that were tacked on, we cleaned up the old washers to use as reinforcements on each side. No pics of the process because my hands were greasy and everything was wet from snow (we got about 2 feet today alone). Here is the finished product, slapped some black spray paint on for some protection as well.

20140206143016-1_zpsbd224eea.jpg

Now its time to do the other side along with all 4 ball joints and driver's side sway bar link.

ya it was warm today...only -16C so I took it to the DIY car wash. it'll look great for about 2 days.

Warm? Only -9 here today...spring is almost here! Looking forward to the mud.

Just went and pulled a manual transmission, xfercase, trans crossmember, shifter plate and boots, clutch and brake pedal assemblies, clutch master and slave cylinders.

6 hours of work to get it all out and I now have everything for my manual transmission swap including the trans for 130$ and that included 2 mint glass headlights housings to top it off! So stoked to get rid of my autotragic and start slamming gears!!!

Bled the brakes and rewired the whole pathfinder stereo system/speakers. Nothing was working, P.O. was a fool and destroyed all the wiring, needless to say. It's all good now....tomorrow hopefully get time to do oil change and tune up.

Removed the interior trim panel where the front dome light mounts, something up there was rattling and was driving me crazy, plus two of the legs the clips go on were broken off, added some more vacuum hose in different parts of the weather stripping, that stuff really seems to work, the interior wind noise is getting lower and lower ! Cleaned the dome light lens,

Yup. Use a intake vacuum line to suck in half a can. Shut off. Let sit for 5. Then suck in second half. Let sit for 15-20. Start up hold at about 2k rpms. Enjoy the smoke show. Be prepared for possible fire department to show up.

Sent from my Moto X

^^ Also make sure you're not downwind of the tail pipe. I was and got enveloped in a thick white fog that smelled like glue and gave me a headache.

I got mine stuck at the bottom of my (fairly long) driveway today. We got about a foot of snow, and then thermometer hit 50°, so I guess I should've expected the resulting layer of slush cause problems. I aired down, tried to dig it out, stuffed sagebrush and sticks around the tires, nothing doing. Finally some guy in a Toyota took pity on me and pulled the Pathy out onto the pavement where I could back up and take a run at it. Low range, foot to the floor, steering back and forth as fast as I could trying to keep it out of the sagebrush... I enjoyed the hell out of that part, especially after the hour I'd spent trying to dig it out with a dustpan. :lol: Made it back up to the house somehow, and didn't break anything, so today was a good day. I've gotta find some chains for this thing...

• Like 1

Or some better tires....May I suggest the goodyear wrangler duratrac. I get stuck trying to leave my driveway all the time since the exit is fairly steep. I just put it in 4wd and put the hammer down.