What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Well changing the alternator (tested good) didn't get rid of the whine/ Sounds like its still coming from the alternator.... Could i have the belt to tight? The noise im getting i can hear from the engine bay. and from any electrical sound output in my truck (cb, door speakers, subwoofer.....)

Could be a few things, first check the ground at both the stereo and to the frame from the battery is solid w/o build up between the mount. You can also check out if there is a noise suppressor in the power line going to stereo, those are known to go out..the last thing I can remember is resistor type spark plugs, if they are bad you can hear that as a whine also.

Yes to pioneer, and yes i've already looked up the common issues and tried grouding the deck/rca's. The truck itself is where the sound is coming from.. As it comes over my CB as well. I just can't figure out what.

For now i have two RCA inline filters, and i just ordered a power line filter for my CB. and unless the Alternator fails. i give up trying to find it. lol

Nuttin' big, just found some old Manik tail light guards and had to try them out... Thinking about modding a Smitty built double tube front bumper for the back, Flip it over and you got a license plate notch!!

2013-12-11165010_zps164a2bb4.jpg

you wired the stereo directly to the battery? The headunit too? If so Why? alternator whine is rare now a days, does the sound go up and down when you rev the engine?

No, i but i tried that. Still whined. And yes, goes up and down with the engine rpms..

What are you using for a ground for the radio? Are you using an amp? Aftermarket or factory?

Is this in an R50? If so the problem is you have no frame !!

OK, JK on the last part but answer other questions please.

Edited by ahardb0dy

The ground, i tried using the factory, and i also tried running a ground to various other places.. no dice. The factory bose amps have been bypassed and all new wire ran. im running an external door speaker amp.

Signal wires are getting electromagnetic interference. Isolate the signal lines with foil shielding and from any power wires in the area. As a rule of thumb I separate signal wires from power wires by at least 12" and use twisted shielded rcas

I think I have? I honestly don't remember. I'll go try it now. Haha.

Forgot to mention. I also ran the wires (unbidden/untucked) straight through the truck without touching anything, no change.

Busy Day on the 94 SE.

installed JY AC blower motor.

Installed JYResister motor control

blew out the TON OF LEAVES in the blower box...using the blower. My interior is now covered in leaves lol.

Installed JY12v port that hopefully wont fall out all the time

installed JY passanger kick plate cover

installed JY rear wiper arm

picked up 1 heated power mirror(Driver) and 1 unheated power mirror(passanger) to replace the cracked one.

I was having a problem with the truck a 4 or 5 seconds to build oil pressure in the morning. Put a new oil filter and it's good to go. Now to start the research on a body lift so I can pull the engine and reseal it.

what brand filter did you have on it? I had a problem once using a NAPA GOLD, switched back to OEM and no more problems, when I don't use OEM I use Purolator pure one's with no problems.

Kyle, not sure if the R-50 is different than the WD21 but there is no ground in the harness for the radio, the radio usually has a separate ground to metal near the radio. The only time I have ever had a problem with alt whine was years and years ago with an aftermarket EQ/booster (also in a Nissan !)

On my PF I ran the power wire from the battery to the rear cargo area down the pass. side and my rca cables down the center, you want to be careful running anything along the wiring for the ECU.

In my old hardbody my CB (100 watt export) I ran a 4 gauge from the battery to under the glove box to a distribution block than connected the 8 gauge from the CB to the block, I always ground as close to the unit as possible, never back to the battery, just make sure the ground point is clean and remove any paint.

Never had any noise even with the high power CB.

Not sure if you mentioned this already, or if I missed it but if you unplug the rca cables from the radio does the noise stop? Or if you unplug the antenna does the noise stop? Both will tell you where the sound is coming in from.

I had a cheap filter on it in case i has problems after doing the heads. It was parts master or something. I replaced with a an stp. Now it builds fluid within a second or two in the morning and instant the rest of the day

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk