What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

While not a mod/repair, I drove Pathy in the first great OMG ice storm of '13. Like. A. Champ.
First time I got to extensively use 4wd also.

Edit: I do have a bit of tooling to report, so it's not *entirely* off-topic - there was about an inch-thick coffin of ice all over, and couldn't even get the door open. Used a nice fixed-blade Gerber hunting knife to hack the ice away from the door handle and where the door meets the body, then used a generous amount of rubbing alcohol as de-icer. So there's that.

Edited by ThaBigPerm

I was bored at work the other day so I took my roof racks off and gave them a once over...

rack1_zpsfcfd7438.jpg

Hit them with the wire wheel.

rack2_zps2302ef8b.jpg

Taped off the rubber..

rack3_zpscde9236c.jpg

Got some paint on them..

rack4_zps48a6d215.jpg

And there you have it..

rack5_zps2e60d0d6.jpg

Back on the truck looking way better than before :aok:

Bombed around in the snow and ice. Ran up some of the local wilderness. The plows don't seem to be plowing, my favourite thing! All of the streets are covered in snow and ice and this is where the pathy owns!

Lol.33x12.5x15 duratracs + factory LSD = too much fun to believe! Can make it up hills in 2wd that many trucks slip in 4wd. Just way too cool, my pathy impresses me yet again.

Edited by Nefarious

I fired it up, ran it around the block and parked it in the driveway so I can use the garage bay to finish restoring a table. The table had to come inside as it is freezing and raining, but that should rinse off the Pathy as well. :aok:

B

Bombed around in the snow and ice. Ran up some of the local wilderness. The plows don't seem to be plowing, my favourite thing! All of the streets are covered in snow and ice and this is where the pathy owns!

Lol.33x12.5x15 duratracs + factory LSD = too much fun to believe! Can make it up hills in 2wd that many trucks slip in 4wd. Just way too cool, my pathy impresses me yet again.

I found my duratracs are good in deep snow and stuff but they are downright terrible in the slush and greasy city streets. I think they are too wide. And the LSD is like locked rear end in the snow lol.

Today I tried to figure out why I can't get in 4 low. Couldn't see anything wrong, but I cant seem to be able to push the shifter down enough to allow it to slide back. I can't even get to N on the t-case.

After the body lift you need to use a 4wd hardbody transfer case shifter or bend and extend your stock one with a welder. I cut some sheet metal out of the transfer case shifted slot and its still not enough. I can hit N now but can only make it half way to 4 low. After the hardbody shifter I should be alright.

I have had no problems with the duratracs! I have a decent amount of extra weight out back with the steel plate rear bumper and my hi lift and tools/gear ei that may help but I have amazing traction! I can stop in the hard pack ice super fast.

The hills around here are quite steep and they are covered in snow and ice and even 2wd I can make it up no prob. The rear end does get a little fishy if I gas it but that's just me having fun with the new (to me) lsd.

I don't even need 4hi and I live in a very mountainous area right by the ocean. Very humid and slick snow. They work great for me :)

I am used to driving a slammed 240sx with lsd in winter though so my reference may be a little different lol.

Edited by Nefarious

Lol yea, the duratracs are a decent tire, just wish I didn't have the damn balancing problems with them...

The tcase shifter was modded for the body lift, and it went into 4 low fine before, I had not used it in a while though. I tried hitting the shifter with a rubber mallet to see if i could break whatever is holding it loose, but no nice. It moves freely into 4 hi with ease though.

Big day today ! LOL

Checked the oil, topped off the brake and power steering fluids, washed it, cleaned the windows in and out, pre-cleaned it using Mothers Pre-cleaner.

Oh and drove around the block to check for any weird noises or issues since my step daughter has been driving it and doesn't tell me anything !! LOL

Nothing found.

I usually don't top off brake fluid for two reasons:

1. The brake fluid level drops in the reservoir as the pads' friction material wears down; on many vehicles, when the brake fluid is low enough to illuminate the indicator in the instrument cluster, the pads are due very soon for replacement

2. During brake pad replacement, if somebody topped off the fluid and you compress the calipers, a bunch of fluid will spill out of the reservoir, compared to simply returning to max/a little above max if the fluid is left alone

Now if you're losing brake fluid at a dangerous rate via a leak, absolutely top it off until you can fix it ASAP of course.

Edited by Towncivilian

I was going to say the same thing...Mine is about 3/8" under max right now, I know it will probably need new front pads in the spring. My rear pads were pretty much to the metal and it was almost halfway to the low point.

Yesterday I started putting new Uca bushings in my 4x4parts control arms so I could finally get a proper alignment but hit a snag, one bushing seems to not want to fit in all the way. Gonna try and finish the jerb today. Also I need to pickup new grease zerks as the ones in them ucas are seized.

I thought the same thing that it was probably slightly low because the pads are wearing but I added a little anyway, it wasn't much.

Now my 90 sentra has to have a leak somewhere because it is low ALL the time, was going to check one of the rear wheel cylinders yesterday but didn't get to it, will check it today. I replaced the one on the pass. side should have replaced both at the same time, the one I replaced was original, car now has 255K miles on it ( still gets 29 MPG with the way I drive ! too)

Well yesterday was step 1 of the Mothers wax 3 step system (pre-cleaner), today I did step 2 (sealer glaze), and step 3 (wax) on the hood and my painted hardbody grille, Also cleaned the windshield again to remove all the sealer/glaze that went all over everything when the bottle exploded in my hands while squeezing it to get it to come out the nozzle !!! It sucked !!!

Tomorrow wax the rest of the truck, black paint is SO SHINY NOW !!!

used it to pull 2 cars out of the ditch on the way to work today. Idiots need to learn how to drive in the snow/ice. Anyway, I think I may have destroyed another CV joint. FWD went away and now is just a strangly familiar 'popping' noise. Last time I heard it was on an ofroad trip trying to crawl out of a mudhole over a fallen tree. Gonna have to wait until spring on this one.

Junkyard alternator installed, new alternator belt and power steering belt. AC belt was a basically new nissan belt. Now no more squealing when i turn the steering wheel! :)

ABout to go check and see if my stereo/electrical whine went away.