What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Mine never goes over half way after I replaced the fan clutch.

Truck is for sale, you need a 4 door, keep saying that, "I need a 4 door, I need a 4 door" LOL

I would like to have a 4 door. I would really like to have your truck but right now it's not in the budget.

I don't think my problem was even the mechanical fan. I was short on water. I just went ahead and put the electrical fan for those times I dip into some water. I plan on putting it to a relay that I can kill so I don't wear out this fan under water. We are almost done with my friends z71 and then I plan on doing a little more to the truck.

Well I'll probably have it for a while, isn't much interest in anyone buying it so far, but I only have it listed here and on FB for now so I really am not expecting many calls, LOL

I'll probably list it on craigslist soon.

Washed the truck today got all the sand and mud off, also did an oil change. Changed oil from 5w 30 to 5w 20 (of course always synthetic) and changed oil filter brand from Fram to mobile 1 and holy look at the size difference

image-24.jpg

The new one it giant compared to Fram, maybe this will be better? I dunno I just swapped to a synthetic filter, Fram doesn't make one for the z24 engine, just a conventional filter but really, is their a difference?

M1 filter blends conventional and synthetic media for higher capacity IIRC. For nonextended oil change intervals there is no benefit.

Why are you running 5W-20? It is not specified for the engine. A 0W-30 would be a better option for winter.

Why are you running 5W-20? It is not specified for the engine. A 0W-30 would be a better option for winter.

Honestly got it by accident, just grabbed it and went, got home and realized it was 5w20 but I don't seem the harm? That's why I never returned it.

It'll be fine for one oil change. Just don't make it a habit.

Nothing wrong with Fram Ultra filters, they have full synthetic wire-backed media, metal end caps, a silicone anto-drainback valve, and a very thick outer canister, all for $9 at WalMart. I would not hesitate to run one on any vehicle I service; a Fram Ultra cartridge filter is going in my girlfriend's car this weekend.

I'd run a Fram Extra or ToughGuard filter if I got one for free, but I won't purchase one.

Edited by Towncivilian

The price difference on the filters were surprising, Fram is usually 6-8$ and the Mobil 1 was 14$ at Canadian Tire

Glad you changed brands, keep that Fram garbage out of there!

What would you recommend for air filter?

Edited by cvdloc

The price difference on the filters were surprising, Fram is usually 6-8$ and the Mobil 1 was 14$ at Canadian Tire

What would you recommend for air filter?

Since you shop at ct just buy the motomaster filter. Its just a fram painted red or white depending how long its been there. Edited by adamzan

Finally got my lower dash assembly from a 1993 installed in my 1990. Lots of plastic fabrication work involved over the last couple weeks, but I now have 2 USB power ports to charge various items and a felt lining on the bottom so that it doesn't scratch. Couldn't use original mounting brackets for the DIN pocket since the dash support structure in the back is different from between the two, so the DIN pocket is epoxied to the trim ring and I added a screw from underneath to keep it from popping out.

IMG_0588.jpg

The donor piece was "new grey" and not "brown-grey" like my interior. Since I haven't found a paint to match the brown-grey (Rustoleum London Grey is close but a lighter shade), I painted it black. Doesn't look too bad IMHO.

IMG_0589.jpg

installed the autometer electric oil pressure gauge today and had a heck of a time getting the sending unit started, but it's in and working and no leaks.

The old sender was leaking, that's the 3rd one in ten years. hopefully no more leaks in that area

Idles at about 15psi 3000rpm at about 25 psi, hoping for a little more but not too bad for almost 250,000 miles

pulled one of the spark plugs to see what it looked like, man was it hard to get out !! I was worried, it was so hard to UN-thread I thought I was going to break it !

Finally got it out, can't believe when I put these plugs in I did not use anti seize on the threads !! Never again, I checked the gap and cleaned the thread, applied a little anti seize and back in it went. Than pulled the other two on the pass. side and did the same thing, also a little dab of dielectric grease inside the plug boots.

Not bothering with the drivers side until I pull the intake to do the valve cover gasket, may replace the plugs at that time as well.

Plugs didn't look bad, gap was about 0.036 ( see precise I remembered to put the Zero in ! LOL, not picking on you, just you made me so I will not forget that ),

Blower fan was making some noise so I pulled the glove box than the blower resistor, pretty clean in there but when I turned the fan on a few leaves came out. Removed the blower motor, the fan was only on for a few minutes and the motor was really hot.

Took the motor completely apart, bottom plate was all rusty, wire brushed it, and the area where the brushes ride against, blew it all out, applied some grease where the shaft goes through the end mount and on the end cap where the other end of the motor shaft sits in, re-assembled, spins a lot quieter now, will see if it runs any cooler. Also blew out the hose that feeds air into the motor. Re-installed.

on the Sentra, removed the coil, cleaned inside where the wire goes, re-installed

Looking around my engine today as a newbie to DIY, I noticed the hose was missing from the vacuum intake that is suppose to be connected to the fuel pressure regulator. I have had my 95 Pathfinder maintained at least every 6 months by the same mechanic for years now and it has not been mentioned or noticed? Is it bad to not have these hoses connected or maybe when I had a gas leak from a hose, he maybe bypassed it on purpose? I have a new hose ready to go but I am unsure if I should connect them since I have not had any engine problems.