What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Fixed a hole in the carpet.

Before: I already removed the vinyl heelpad, which was cracked, and vacuumed the carpet. I took some carpet padding from under the back seat to stuff in the hole.

IMG_0208.jpg

Glue, lots of it.

IMG_0209.jpg

This stuff, good stuff

IMG_0211.jpg

After:

IMG_0218.jpg

hell, that doesn't look too bad there for a diy carpet patch! might have to do that to mine....got a similar hole there albeit not quite so big... :P

on a side not, got my gfs pathfinder purring like a kitten today! finally fixed all running issues it had....400$ MINT rust free pathfinder is now a go!! just need to unstick the e brake cable on it now since it was sitting for like 2 years with the e brake up....hoping i dont need to pull off the rear rotors to unstick the inside...brakes don't seem to be sticking i think the cable itself is just stuck a bit... e brake pulls itself about 2 loose clicks up on its own. gunna try to wd40 the hell out of the cable and let it sit for a while. almost ready for emissions inspection and then we will have 2 pathys to rip around in!! stoked!

Ordered a new coil and power transistor (aka ignition control module). Got my nipples crossed that the code 21 and (poopy) performance on the highway will be a thing of the past. Feels like a fuel starvation issue but OBD1 insists its an ignition issue. . .

Replaced the cruise control switch.. second switch on the dash to break on me. But at least I'm able to relax while on long hauls!

Planned: Replace Driver headlight, Clean MAF, seal air leak in intake, find skidplate to replace the one I lost playing in the snow, and pressure wash the engine bay. Once I get the brush guard, I'll add that and some floods.

Swapped in a new Intermotor coil and BDW Ignition Control Module. Hasn't thrown a 21 since and runs much better on the highway. Now to see if the problem is solved when the temperature drops tonight. . .

installed the taller rear springs (about 3.5 inches of suspension lift in the rear) finished swapping in my new axle (LSD, disc brakes), fabricated some drop down brackets for my e-brake cable so it's sitting in the middle of its travel again and won't snap like the last one when i flex out.

tomorrow is fixing my drivers side exhaust header and taking the headers in to be planed for trueness on the mating surfaces, then weld in the new magnaflow hi-flow catalytic converter and finish welding up and painting the exhaust.

Washed it! Took all day!

The down side playing in the mud, the clean up!

E2EC143A-DEE0-49C2-8EC9-88C0C53E708F-1894-0000010D54F7C268.jpg

Had to get it up so I could get underneath with the pressure washer. There was a 1 inch thick layer of mud inside each wheel.

8D7CFBC6-356F-4FE0-8B69-C8F425E0A260-1894-0000010D5D238C0F.jpg

DD4EABB0-D920-4F66-B744-9E6B62B083DF-1894-0000010D62538C3C.jpg

071B83FC-9E3E-49D8-8AD5-1EE31B69CC4D-1894-0000010D680E96DD.jpg

I even had to spray the mud out of the brake rotor fins! I don't have any clean pics because it was dark by the time I finished.

James

• Like 2

Put throttle body back together and intake runner, vac lines and plugs....then i heated and bent a warp in my headers. They are all ready to be machined true, then just some exhaust and frame welding and the pathy is back on the road! So stoked for all the snow.

Hosed the frame out today (not 1 clogged drain and instantly clear water :jig: ) and pulled te reverse light switch and cleaned er up good. Was starting (ok had and ive been ignoring) to get an intermittent flicker issue with them. See if this helps (used to breath new life into them on some HBs of the past...) Might check my codes tomorrow... Just because

left it in the driveway while I taunted it by driving a borrowed minivan in plain view of the pathy

Its hard to taunt anything in a minivan.

Replaced 6 ball joints and 2 CV axles over he last 2 Saturdays. I'm starting to hate Rockauto due to broken/mislabeled/wrong parts.

Edited by Trogdor636

• 2 weeks later...