What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

On 7/24/2022 at 1:26 AM, hawairish said:

Got everything back together today.  Cylinder 3 misfire.  It's just dumping fuel...probably something stupid like I didn't fully clip in the coil, but I was too exhausted to troubleshoot any further.

I like what your doing your all over these machines. I officially became the proud owner of 3 pathfinders the obsession started on Dec 24th 2018.  On January 10th I rolled my runner before I could install the new suspension components sitting in my garage.  Like an addiction (few weeks prior to the rollover) I found another 1 this one 2004 full load Chinook edition. So I bought it sight unseen it's a British Columbia pathfinder so virtually 00 rust. ontario editions frames are shot.

• Like 1

Started and let it run for a while to allow some fluids to cycle through it, while simultaneously fully heating up the interior. Also did the same with the Suburban.

Need to find a way to carve out some troubleshooting time to diagnose the clutch issue, which I hope is not the actual clutch!

Edited by RedPath88
added Suburban notation

18 hours ago, RedPath88 said:

Started and let it run for a while to allow some fluids to cycle through it, while simultaneously fully heating up the interior. Also did the same with the Suburban.

Need to find a way to carve out some troubleshooting time to diagnose the clutch issue, which I hope is not the actual clutch!

What are the symptoms?

1 hour ago, adamzan said:

What are the symptoms?

Good question! lol. It was a few weeks ago when I noticed the issue, hard shifts like the clutch was not fully disengaging, but in the couple shifts I made it was not consistent (but didn't seem like it a low hydraulic pressure issue)

To be honest, I didn't have the time to play with it then. I noticed it after blacking out of the driveway, N to 1, then 1 to 2. But in a hurry I just backed up to the driveway the and pulled back in and hopped in another vehicle.

Yesterday, I didn't drive it, just warmed it up and cycled it through gears without moving. Everything seemed fine.

Nope, sadly it does not get much road time right now. Partially because with the parking layout at my place, two (out of 4) vehicles get boxed in and the surface where that happens is better suited for truck tires, that those of a car.

Replaced alternator belt on the 2004 Xterra today. It flew off in the parking lot at work, but 2 little cords held on and I got home on that. Not fun in this cold, my hands were sticking to the pulleys and tools!

• 6 months later...

Not exactly to my Pathy, but for my Pathy. Always wanted to mount a Highlift Jack horizontally along my tire carrier. Found a siezed up one hiding in the rafters and decided to clean it up, it’s not finnished but I wanted to show where i’m at with its first 90a9f88204df3b9fa200f67f7f761810.jpg
first accessory. If anyone has a suggestion for mounting on that 2” bar, pipe in! I’m thinking of just fabricating my own. damn i wish i had a cnc machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe most people just weld some metal tabs and use studs with big wingnuts to hold it on (and a lock if you leave it there).

Not sure if these are still made but another option: 

Photo0255.jpg

Edited by adamzan
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

d2a198a7281e0bd3ab30e6e9103c997e.jpg
bac50547c293ef69840293d6bd9ac10b.jpg
Got my transfer case back from the rebuilder. I tried to reassemble myself and realized it’s sometimes better to take it to someone with experience. It’s actually originally from an 89 datsun but is compatible with my 95. I just need a 5 speed manual transmission so I’ve been searching the salvage yards. The first gens are getting scarce around here though

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

a92cdf76aa5c8bfa19a906a11a3ee3b0.jpg
I went crazy on the blue underneath, but i’ve always stuck to making everything black on the body.that was until I got to building my recovery system ( still don’t have an aftermarket grill or a winch) I scored an old pulley made by tiayo. And did some goldplating, all the hardware on the jack and tow hooks. there’s a ceramic clearcoat over the gold to protect it. Can’t wait to mount it all, going to keep the pulley next to the tire jack in the back trunk

• 3 weeks later...

0248b68f1112d17995f913579b286a6b.jpg
2fa60fc7bcfa00c36a8a8f8c9ec8c111.jpg
ba217147d2fabca53d53d74ea0e9b3a4.jpg
finally got around to restoring my front wheels, smoothed out all the pitting and welds on the backsides. Still got to pull off my passenger side spindle and clean up so it looks like the driverscf754f0117d3d56d68280037a3d9d3ed.jpg

• 2 months later...

Finally been catching up on years overdue maintenance. Got the drilled and slotted rotors on a few weeks ago, today did upper and lower ball joints on the driver side and repacked the bearings, next the passenger side, followed by the tension rods.

(picture before I cleaned up my grease mess)

thumbnail.jpg

Edited by 92Path_68CJ

• 2 weeks later...

Do you find there is any difference with those rotors? I upgraded to EBC pads a few years ago and it's decent, but always room for more.