Moving To New Servers!
Members interested in helping test the new NPORA server platform, please contact RedPath88 via PM or email for further information.

Thank you,
-NPORA

Photo

What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

• Please log in to reply
6828 replies to this topic

#6821 OFFLINE   Backpacker

Backpacker

NPORA Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Local time: 11:44 AM
  • Model:SE
  • Year:1989

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:03 PM

Very slow progress on the bumper. Got the brackets test fit, going to need to slot the holes a bit.

It is hard to get anywhere when you only have about an hour a night to work on it. Seems like most of that time is set up and tear down each night. Using the shop at work so can't leave it out during the day.

Are you making one from scratch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6822 OFFLINE   Citron

Citron

NPORA Old-Timer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Year:1992

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:08 PM

Trying to. We will see how it turns out.

#6823 OFFLINE   Backpacker

Backpacker

NPORA Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Year:1989

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:19 PM

Trying to. We will see how it turns out.

Where are you getting your materials from? I want to build one but I'm not really sure where to buy steel not in bulk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6824 OFFLINE   Citron

Citron

NPORA Old-Timer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Year:1992

Posted Today, 07:41 AM

I am getting mine from a local machine/Fab shop. They will sell it whatever size I need. Recently I bought a 3'x3' peice of 1/4" plate. They charge cost of material plus the amount of labor to cut it.

#6825 OFFLINE   Mrelcocko

Mrelcocko

NPORA Fulltime Resident

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Local time: 01:44 PM
  • Model:XE
  • Year:1998

Posted Today, 08:30 AM

Installed some new fog lights with a relay and fog light switch on my 97 Quey.d9c7c5985e61eff11f0fd56996f85a63.jpg467ea53c6a4f585a8c7465472d77f51d.jpg33417f558c08efe3f1c47e28e015d01f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

#6826 OFFLINE   mjotrainbrain

mjotrainbrain

NPORA Old-Timer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Local time: 02:44 PM
  • Model:Other/Unknown
  • Year:2002

Posted Today, 09:03 AM

Tried to put gas in my '02 QX4.  Fuel filler neck had other plans, got about 3/16 of a tank in before it just started pouring out onto the ground.  Called Infiniti and they said I don't qualify for the recall service because it only goes thru 2001, just my luck.   :angry:  Yippee.  It's always something.   :headwall:

#6827 OFFLINE   mjotrainbrain

mjotrainbrain

NPORA Old-Timer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Local time: 02:44 PM
  • Model:Other/Unknown
  • Year:2002

Posted Today, 09:04 AM

I think I'll call my local Infiniti and Nissan dealers/repair shops directly and see if they can do something.  If I have to pay full for it I'll have a local shop do the work.

#6828 OFFLINE   CO_pathfinder

CO_pathfinder

NPORA Old-Timer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Local time: 12:44 PM
  • Year:1991

Posted Today, 09:33 AM

So that has to be either an injector that's stuck open or is getting an electrical signal full time keeping the injector open... I can't think of anything else that would do that!

Went back in, and upon second inspection noticed something.. the BWD replacement injectors (along with the Hitachi OEM exact duplicates) DONT come with the 3rd of 3 O-rings. There is the ring that seals intake from injector, injector from top of fuel rail, but there wasn't a replacement O-ring for the bottom of the fuel rail leading to the intake port. Not sure if it was because of this missing O-ring or if the injector actually was bad, but the truck ran like a top after doing so. However, the rich condition caused two other things to happen:

IACV is now clogged and truck doesn't like load at idle as a result - just need to degunk it.

Hard cranking starts when the injector was wonky ended up killing the starter... yippee... Haven't ever even considered looking at replacing this part, so it looks like I'm going to the FSM and to the forum archives.

On that last note, is the starter a job I can expect to do myself in a few weeknights after work? Or, should I pony up the $$ and make it a shop's problem. Looking for advice from those with experience. 

#6829 OFFLINE   CO_pathfinder

CO_pathfinder

NPORA Old-Timer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Local time: 12:44 PM
  • Year:1991

Posted Today, 09:48 AM

Clarification on my issue starting - I get the "single-click no-crank" issue, which on a manual can be caused by the starter, the starter solenoid, or the starter relay (and only these things, right?) It started with a very slow crank in a parking lot, followed by half-cranks until the starter stopped responding in another parking lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to NPORA Forums

Please REGISTER to gain full access to the forum.

Make sure you read the Forum Guidelines and don't forget to post a new intro in the New People Start Here! section, to say hi too everyone.

-NPORA