What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Keep in mind if someone tightens the oil filter on too tight when they installed it, you can find yourself in a really crappy situation if you put a screw driver thru it, go to turn it and all you doing is collapsing the filter. you could end up with a filter that may be harder to take off then one that was full. :my2cents:

if you plan on doein your oil changes yourself just invest in an oil filter wrench or pliers... they ain't expensive and will save you a bunch of headache compared to stabbing with a screwdriver. Guess having access to the right tools makes me look at things a little differently at times though

get longer bolts, how mine is on my carrier. Just a mirror mount and some longer bolts.

I wonder if his rear hatch glass will open with the antenna mounted there.

I went longer bolts also.

Something else if he tries to set the swr he wants the carrier closed, it will make a difference in the swr with it open

Worked more on the postrunner.

I finished the mount grinding so there is room for paint when I install it.

Then I removed all the sharp edges that KMA left for me to cut my fingers on...

Lastly I measured and assessed my required materials and decided to make all my additional parts out of 2x1x3/16 U channel because I can get 20 ft of that (minimum order at local place) for 60 bucks and getting shorter cuts of varying sizes would wind up costing a few hundred and still leave me with just as much extra material when I'm done.

made templates of my would be "k-brace" so I can see how far to notch my fuel tank skid to clear the real thing when I make them for my bumper.

Edited by MY1PATH

nope... just opened up the rear and jammed my rod in!

16a0b336.jpg

(had to put my Big Easy[the pink rod, not the fishing rod] lockout tool back had it just thrown in the front from doein a lockout last night)

Today, attempted to install the new aftermarket antenna I bought from Crutchfield, had to remove the fender which required removing the bumper end, modified the power antenna hole to fit the top mount antenna, got aggravated and annoyed as the antenna is leaning over the edge of the body. Brought the fender and antenna into my shed, made a angled spacer which didn't help at all. Installed a rivnut in .25/20 thread to use a 1/4" allen head bolt to attach the antenna, finally mounted the antenna and decided if it still leans over the edge of the fender I will just "tweak" the whip slightly so it sits straight upright. May re-install the fender tomorrow. Will probably pick up a fender with the proper mounting hole from the junkyard when I have some extra funds.

OK I went at it again...

So 4 years ago I pulled a big chevy silverado up a hill in seattle. The guy stuck the chain hook in my frame tiedown point instead of the shackle and bent it up good (always hook up your own vehicle).

2.5 years ago I was rear ended by a chevy blazer and the body shop who did a little work for me straightnened it a little but it wasn't perfect. Well now this point is going to be used as one of my new bumper mounting points so it needs to be flat and straight.

So I took some 3/4" steel scrap and two 1/4" steel flat bars and squashed it all toghether with a bolt.

I pushed.

I pried.

If flipped deformed pieces of metal over and bolted them on and pulled again....

and finally after a few hours I got it flat and straight and ready to be used as a mounting point.

th_Twisted.jpg th_Pressedflat.jpg

I may still grind it down a hair for perfect flatness and rust removal.

Edited by MY1PATH

took it to the mountain got all muddy and stuck for the first time in my pathy , added 2 qts of oil cause it was ticking hard core and got mud stuck in my passanger front wheel and it was shaking crazy thought i broke something but other then that its all good now, wash tommorrow ;)