What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

which one.

I have recently discoverd that a first gen pahtyfinder with a 3.0 TBI, will run at 8K rpms without blowing up... :itsallgood:

So how did you accomplish that? The ECM cuts the fuel at 6300 rpms on my 87 TBI. :shiftyeyes:

James

So how did you accomplish that? The ECM cuts the fuel at 6300 rpms on my 87 TBI. :shiftyeyes:

James

well, I have whitnessed my tak at 7k...

on this particular instance, i wasn't even paying attention

My wife yelled "STOP, YOUR GONNA BLOW IT UP, YOU ARE AT 8 ON THE RPM METER"

I was paying closer attention to the trees, i was trying not to hit.

Today I bought a new door from a white 2000 R50 to replace my dented one. Only $49.95 minus glass hatch (I'll just reuse mine). $78 for paint, $20 for a can of primer, and a lot of sandpaper will result in a nice matched door. Now I just need to see whether Nissan will transplant the internals, cause wiring and all the trim pieces will be a hell of a DIY job...

I also did a drain and refill of my ATF. 3 quarts of Valvoline Maxlife ATF and about 400mL of a leftover Genuine Nissan Matic-D ATF later, no more burnt-smelling fluid and smoother shifts!

Edited by Towncivilian

installed some coils that my pops brought home lifted it 5 inches measured 32inches before newer coils and measured 37 after new ones looked cool but a little funky so i put old ones back on ill try yo upload pic later on

Shopping spree: Lift kit, manual hubs, spark plugs & gaskets for a top-end tune-up and cb radio plus a gangload of new garage equipment: air compressor w/ tools, taller floor jacks, new torque wrenches, sop-vac, etc. Gonna be a great couple of weekends over the next month or so!

Today I found the key to my tow hitch receiver's lock. I removed the receiver, sanded it down and spray painted primer and jet black enamel paint on it since there was some rust. I didn't let it dry enough between coats which led to sticky spots, resulting in some paper stuck to the paint. Patience is a virtue, guess I don't have it.

I did a lot today...

I started with some crazy parking...

th_DSCF0004.jpg th_DSCF0003.jpg th_DSCF0002.jpg

Then I installed my Z pulley wich took longer than expected because of timing cover clearance issues but now its good to go.

The crank pulley needed a 1.5~2mm shim behind it to clear the timing cover. This shim also allows it get a better position on the woodruff key. And then a custom spacer on the front since the pathy crank snout is loger than the pulley.

This allows the 2" serp pulley to go back onto my 180A Ford Alty (fixing some High cut in isues I was having) The water pulley actually came from a Q45 but 300zx pullies are the same

th_Cleanedup.jpg th_Installed.jpg th_BeltAlignment.jpg

Then I did some more crazy parking, but this time it was with the front wheels. And LooK what I had room to do when one wheel drops almost all the way...

I Cut MY Calmini UCA's so they would stop hitting my shocks. All work was done with tires in place and everything still bolted up. Last pic shows my Improv work light... H3 bulb thru a hole and single positve Jumper cable to power it and pull it against the hole.

th_DSCF0011.jpg th_DSCF0012.jpg th_DSCF0009.jpg th_DSCF0010.jpg

I welded a Nut inside my Front axle for the front swaybar anchor because the existing nut had been stripped out last summer by a Typo In the FSM ( knew it didn't look right but I was dumb enough to try it anyway). Maybe I'll upload a pic of that later....

And lastly I centered my steering and took it for a spin to make sure it points straight for my trip to belfair next week....

I got this horn/PA system as a Christmas gift, and finally got around to installing it with a buddy earlier today. Installation was quite easy. I used a powered wire from the factory CD changer harness (which I'll never use again), and grounded with a ring terminal screwed onto the back of my head unit. I mounted the speaker behind the driver's side fusebox, and the stock wiring was long enough to run under the weather stripping into the cabin. Everything was done using crimp-on quick disconnects (and a bit of soldering for the ground ring connector) and 16 gauge wire, works perfectly. It's pretty loud even with the hood closed, but the PA system is mediocre, probably due to the el-cheapo included microphone. It's quite amusing to start blasting ice cream tunes at a busy intersection, or cruising through a parking lot - people do double takes! I'll try to record a video and take a few pictures of the installation for ya'll soon.

Edited by Towncivilian

well yesterday i installed new rear shocks because the P.O had some ranchos on that were 2 inches to short so i bought some monroes from kragens 22 bucks better then what were on it

Bought a CB Radio for my truck today, along with a mirror mount which I was hoping would work on the tire carrier. the bolts weren't long enough. so I had to improvise. a shorter bolt and one of the holes in a brace plate on the carrier was the solution. Not a permanent solution, but will work til one comes up.

IMG_20110216_134958.jpg

184080_202055919810771_100000190938619_895568_3998702_n.jpg

Bought a CB Radio for my truck today, along with a mirror mount which I was hoping would work on the tire carrier. the bolts weren't long enough.

get longer bolts, how mine is on my carrier. Just a mirror mount and some longer bolts.

This is probably REALLY basic for all of you but I changed the oil of a car for the first time. Everything when really smooth expect for the filter. Two of us fought with the thing for about an hour and could not get it to budge a hair. So I had to fill the oil again but I will have to take it in to get someone to take that thing off.