What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

While in the fender, I installed a cut-off switch between the antenna motor timer and the motor itself so I can leave the antenna up or down in the winter rather than fight with the ice and frozen mechanism.

That is so damn clever! Thanks for sharing!!

we worked on the gf's truck...found out that the previous owner clipped all the radio harnesses and messed up all the stock speaker wiring so we gave up on that until i can map out a check list...she cleaned the insides out including taking out the center console...i readjusted the rear drums so they won't catch fire...we removed the shady lift springs that were in it and threw them away along with a bunch of other scrap stuff...next we need to drop the front end about 2" to get her sitting back level...oh and i tie banded the turn signals on until we get the new bumper brkts welded up since we put the BL on last weekend

I started it up and listened to the glorious lifter tick of a VG after sitting for a week, backed it up to where it's normally parked, and shut it off.

I bet your not rolling the pathfinder much since you got that Z!

James

Removed the dulled polycarbonate factory headlight protectors and stuck on some "Ricochet" clear headlight protection on them and on the fogs.

Need to polish out the scratches on the poly covers and reinstall. Around here, they use freakin' shale or something like that for gravelling the roads and I end up replacing a windshield every year. I can't afford to replace headlights at that rate. Maybe I should tell the Ministry of Highways that there is a product out there called "sand"....

Removed the dulled polycarbonate factory headlight protectors and stuck on some "Ricochet" clear headlight protection on them and on the fogs.

Need to polish out the scratches on the poly covers and reinstall. Around here, they use freakin' shale or something like that for gravelling the roads and I end up replacing a windshield every year. I can't afford to replace headlights at that rate. Maybe I should tell the Ministry of Highways that there is a product out there called "sand"....

Factory headlight protectors? I have never seen these before.

I finally took mine back to the alignment shop to replace the missing shims and fought the clutch the whole way there. This butthead made me wait 3 hours while he supposedly was working on the truck the whole time. It took him 30 minutes to align it the first time. I raided the pick a part and brought him a stack of alignment washers so he wouldn't use the U style shims. He pulled one of the rubber stopper that the upper control arm sits on out and the shim arraignment is completely different than it was before. The side the shims fell out now has only a couple and the passenger side has more than it had before. If it was right before he should have just had to put shims back where they were.

I guess I had better take it to another shop to make sure my tires last. While I was there I tagged him on facebook as "the place to get screwed for anything on your car!" Hopefully that will help other people determine what type of place he runs.

James

I took apart my power antenna to figure out why it wasn't working. While in the fender, I installed a cut-off switch between the antenna motor timer and the motor itself so I can leave the antenna up or down in the winter rather than fight with the ice and frozen mechanism.

That is so damn clever! Thanks for sharing!!

If you don't feel like removing the fender, there is a cutout near the battery that has a small wrapped wire pair coming out of the main harness and running back to the power antenna. THose are the wires that you would need to cut and splice in a switch.

If you don't feel like removing the fender, there is a cutout near the battery that has a small wrapped wire pair coming out of the main harness and running back to the power antenna. THose are the wires that you would need to cut and splice in a switch.

Stop it! stop the cleverness - you're killing me here!!!!!!!

I called Energy Suspension about my mis-shipped bushings. The retailer blames ES; ES blames the retailer. I'm in the middle.

They conceded to send me my swaybar kit straight from the factory though, so I'm happy. So happy in fact, that I'm not going to push the fact that it really was Energy Suspension's fault. They put the wrong part in the box. :stickwack:

Double plus - Now I have a spare set of compression rod bushings! Yay! :jig:

New spark plugs @ 120,997 miles. No idea if they were changed before, but the old ones looked serviceable and would prolly last another 50k miles. Oh well!

Threadlocker on power valve screws, engine coolant, rear differential fluid, and some small rust spots left to do...

wasn't today but a couple of days ago i installed my UHF

today was spent making some custom mounts for the missus's surf as she wanted a fan put in there so the kids get some breeze in the back with the windows up so we got a small fan from supercheap auto and i made a mount that fits under the interia light and it holds the fan and i ran the wires up front to the rear vision mirror and installed the switch on another custom mount that bolts up under the mirror mount and hooked the wires up to the accessory and its good to go (the kids were in the car checking out the fan and the 4yo daughter (with here long hair) puts her head up behind the fan and gets her hair sucked into the fan and caught around the shaft and it pulled the hair out of her head