What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Hey thanks guys, yes well I had to put my other wheels on hold for now since it’s -40 C* Out in the shop. I started working on a different wheel, the flywheel, I wasnt happy with the appearance of it so I coated the inside cast iron part and the outer lip, then just started at 80 grit approach with the emery paper up to 3k grit, then polished with green and white emery, using a dremel then metal polished, Gives a nice mirror reflection, not bad for a 26 year old part.
The other side I left alone except for the inner diameter around the flange
4252675970cdbad712199bbe1d474390.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

e6f67efc0d99b0d60c2965cd4f90e77c.jpg
That’s what my girlfriend said about this steering collum bracket with a viking compass and nordic protection runes that gets covered by the dash. Winter in Canada is cold what else to do but powdercoat every thing in sight? For the record I had a leak in an old windshield and that piece must of had water dripping on it awhile because it was encased in rust

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 2:41 PM, RustFlames said:

e6f67efc0d99b0d60c2965cd4f90e77c.jpg
That’s what my girlfriend said about this steering collum bracket with a viking compass and nordic protection runes that gets covered by the dash. Winter in Canada is cold what else to do but powdercoat every thing in sight? For the record I had a leak in an old windshield and that piece must of had water dripping on it awhile because it was encased in rust

I've been doing the same thing while working on my 75 280z. Took the dash out and sanded all the rust off it to paint it. Didn't do a nice embellishment like you did though, I was mainly concerned with protecting from any rust in the future.

The new hard line I welded up won't work since Im an idiot and thought it only needed to be ben 45°.when it actually needs to be 90°. Been thinking about how nice it would be to have a 4bt under the hood eventually for the extra torque and mpgs. Too bad it's no feesable

Edited by Charlie_Brown
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's nearly perfect with the exception of a couple dings and little patina appearing on the top (but I do like the look of the patina). The entire car is a time capsule it had the factory floor mats and net for the trunk when I picked it up. 

B2Wi9zt.png

Finally got new tires!

1990 SE stock suspension 

31x10.50x15

do I trim the flares or remove all together?
The rears rub during normal driving. No rub in the front. 

60F37596-1713-4E84-8B41-6DA49BFDB660.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Put in a new loaded strut due to wallowed out strut mount that I installed a year ago. I noticed Monroe put the spacer ON TOP of the strut mount. Last year I put the spacer UNDER the mount. Has anybody else made this mistake?

Changed the oil. Castrol 5w30 and a random fram filter I found in the garage.

Found my exhaust leak, the drivers side pipe to the y pipe, gasket/flange is blown out at the bottom. I have doug thorley headers in the closet for 3 years. So I will weld the flanges shut on these old pipes so I don't die of asphyxiation in the mean time.

On 5/10/2021 at 11:09 PM, adamzan said:

So I will weld the flanges shut on these old pipes so I don't die of asphyxiation in the mean time.

Where's your sense of adventure!

On 5/15/2021 at 5:38 PM, mjotrainbrain said:

Where's your sense of adventure!

Lol, the hell with that. I've never smelled fumes so strong in my life.

Also the original 26 year old starter finally gave up the ghost on the weekend. Got that swapped out fairly quickly, way easier on a manual!

• 8 months later...

Been awhile since I've been on the actual forum, tend to stay on the Facebook side. Been driving the truck again daily still running like a top. Been considering doing a body swap to a D21. Having an actual truck and truck bed seems like it would make more sense for me personally so I don't have to worry about busting out the rear glass ect. Only thing id miss is camping in the rig especially in the snow so still not sure on it. Anyone have any input that uses their truck for work (tools) and to haul things like engines, tons of rock, wood, ect?

I've loaded mine well beyond what I should've done, but it's hard on the interior and kinda sketchy when you've got a log splitter aimed at your head. When I need to move something that I can't/don't want to fit in the back, I just bring a trailer. My dad picked up a homemade pickup bed trailer at a yard sale many years ago, and we have gotten so much use out of that thing. Dump runs, engines, moving boxes, floor tile. It's great. And it's half a Ford Ranger, so who cares if it gets dented up? There's no anxiety that you're gonna mess up your nice truck, provided you don't overshoot and hit the tow vehicle.

I'll bet you could get a front-end-wrecked D21 (or any small pickup really) and make a utility trailer out of that way cheaper and easier than cutting up your Pathfinder. I'd expect the leaf springs to handle the load better than the WD21 coils, too. The trailer lights could be interesting (standard four-pin combines brake/turn and D21 taillights don't), but it wouldn't be hard to rig up some non-standard five-pin wiring for that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

568e3076c79f1bb982682c665a55f601.jpg
cb82cbbea8494817227d1e0cbdcf18d5.jpg

Cleaned out my rocker panel drains. I’ve been getting sloshing when I drive after the truck has been sitting in the rain. Not surprisingly, it was a pine needle that was the culprit.

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some brackets that bolt to the block, one houses the starter, another mounts to the alternator, the 2 pieces on top of the engine mounts, blended out all the nasty spots, sandblasted and Powdercoated, the hardware has been stripped of whatever nickel plating was left and a ceramic coating applied. d192e08ab8615abc94e9cefb3bbf74a4.jpg
7c7b22bf6b26108fa86c927df4e46734.jpg
Also did the transmission support and some pulleys oh and a power steering rod. You know me by now guys paint it blue and call it new! The blending of welds and casting splatter on those cast metal pieces was painful, hard work pays off!

• Like 2

Finished up putting all new fuel injectors in and replacing valve cover gasket.  First time I ever had the intake off.  Other than the coolant lines that I ended up cutting off, not that bad.  I replaced those with some silicone hoses.  #2 was dead and had another one, #4 I think it was, that was on it's way out.  Truck is running so much better now, obviously much smoother,  with a lot more power.  Glad I did all six.  I used new injectors - SMP brand (blue dot).

• Like 1

25c71607bd9b2725b60fae60d3cfd7e2.jpg
e7d636030ca59092d7ed03118f752d16.jpg
Got the T case cleaned up, it splits into 3 pieces,Powdercoated in Peeka Blue, Ceramic coated the hardware in armor black, Im doing something a little different with the skid plate it’s not finnished yet.

• 1 month later...