What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Added a big bullseye rock chip to the windshield directly in front of the driver just below the vertical center line. The thing is a good 24 mm at the moment, probably going to add cracks soon. Was up the canyon again and on my way out and a side by side passed me going up. Somehow it not only kicked the rock up and to his left, but threw it to the front as well. Oh well, at least I have 0 deductable on my glass with the insurance on my truck. Yet something else to deal with sometime. 

Powdercoated my brake lines, didn’t have a flare wrench, used vice grips to crack them then used a 10mm to finnish them off, the one on the passenger side of the frame threaded into that strange like brass spacer, ( possibly a check valve) needed to be vice wrenched out the whole way, I believe Ie coated every piece of fastener in the engine bay area now. d975ba18e7890346a3396cbb91d9de9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replaced the fuel sending unit with a used one. No fuel leak now but my gas gauge still doesn't seem to work right, although now it isn't bouncing all over the place.

• Like 1

Replaced the u-joints in my rear driveshaft, and of course I powdercoated while I had it out, taping off the holes where the caps sit was tricky to say the least but took my time and It came out beautiful, the rust behind the yoke the enters the transmission was pretty bad and hard to reach in the sandblast cabinet, I used the old caps to pound in the new ones, RIP 5/8” socket( used it to pound out the old caps)
The part numbers, got from napa for the front driveshaft are UJ393 The the rear driveshaft is UJ446
The color is called peeka blue
c724e007d0f57329af10512c8f1191f6.jpg0b16a73ebcfdd83715ea280bc409cc41.jpg2d2386b49855726c672140a94f4ad37f.jpg22c2ce0849e741e8f9f11dd3dc166604.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Installed new wipers and put graphite in the locks.  The truck sat for a long time.  I also installed an android auto head unit with a backup camera.  Now I'm waiting on new hubs to arrive.

20200512_194853-X2.jpg

The gap at the bottom irritates me to no end, but the dash kit from Crutchfield simply doesn't do any good and it's the only one they show.  I'm not good at fabricating stuff, so no danger of me coming up with an idea on my own.  The next big job will be detailing it.

Hello everyone, the lock down has allowed to do surprising thing... I had my old pathy was parked for too long and this is what I have done so far.Terrano%203_zpsuxpb5nbm.jpgTerrano%202_zps8ip4ay1p.jpgTerrano%201_zpsfszpnzi0.jpg

• Like 6

Swapped out my 95 factory console for a 99 console.uca frame bolts haven't moved since they spoke japanese,but trying to get at the bushings. My camber is way off..centerlink patiently waiting.

• Like 1

Technically yesterday but installed my locker finally. Nobody told me how heavy this thing was gonna be

In the process though I found that one brake cable is stuck in the backing plate and my driver side hard line twisted off75752ddd32ca6916b401a0b91637e943.jpg1fec11d24a6a9e8db39629caeb88d177.jpgba9101c00149902d49072a7f039c5760.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

18 hours ago, adamzan said:

Wait until you have to remove the front diff by yourself...haha.

I find that easier as theres more places to grab and secure lol. Now the front diff from a durango can suck it lol those things are awful to remove as it's like everything gets in your way

Just wait till you pull the t-case. That little thing is heavier than the trans.

If you have the drum brakes, make sure you get that little spacer block in the center of the diff, into the middle of the locker. Made that mistake on my buddies 95 when we swapped centers between our trucks. Mine has rear disc, his had drums. He wanted my LED, I wanted his open for a locker. We made the swaps in my driveway the night before a week in Moab. Didn't realize that little block needed to be removed from his center and put into mine that was going into his truck. 4 hours down the highway, stopped for fuel and found the right axle seal in his truck died. Got to Moab, replaced the seal and bearing in camp, and a couple days later was leaking again. Got home, replaced seal and bearing again, installed the block and problem never came back. 

Such fun.

• Like 1

Just wait till you pull the t-case. That little thing is heavier than the trans.

If you have the drum brakes, make sure you get that little spacer block in the center of the diff, into the middle of the locker. Made that mistake on my buddies 95 when we swapped centers between our trucks. Mine has rear disc, his had drums. He wanted my LED, I wanted his open for a locker. We made the swaps in my driveway the night before a week in Moab. Didn't realize that little block needed to be removed from his center and put into mine that was going into his truck. 4 hours down the highway, stopped for fuel and found the right axle seal in his truck died. Got to Moab, replaced the seal and bearing in camp, and a couple days later was leaking again. Got home, replaced seal and bearing again, installed the block and problem never came back. 
Such fun.
Are you talking about that spacer piece that sort of floats between the axle ends? If so I made sure that was in there when I did the locker. Is it different with disc brakes?

And I'll agree about the t-case. I'm pretty sure it's on par with the weight of an auto tranny lol

Lol, yep, that little block floating in there keeps the axles pressed into the bearings. The rear disc H233B uses a double bearing setup so doesn't have the spacer. As my buddy and I discovered, very important in the drum brake axle. 

And as far as weight of the T-case, it is heavier than the auto trans my truck has. Tough though, only parts I haven't messed with in the 21 years with my Pathfinder is the front diff and t-case. 

Edited by Mr_Reverse

Lol, yep, that little block floating in there keeps the axles pressed into the bearings. The rear disc H233B uses a double bearing setup so doesn't have the spacer. As my buddy and I discovered, very important in the drum brake axle. 

And as far as weight of the T-case, it is heavier than the auto trans my truck has. Tough though, only parts I haven't messed with in the 21 years with my Pathfinder is the front diff and t-case. 
Would it hurt to leave it in there with the disc brakes or should it be removed?

3 minutes ago, Mr_Reverse said:

No idea. Mine didn't have it. I suspect that it might prevent proper assembly since the axle shaft is different between the disc and drum brake H233B. 

That's good to know, I've only seen where people swapped to discs but left out all the important little details

Easiest way to go to disc brakes in my opinion is to just swap the whole axle assembly. My local salvage yards sell complete axle assemblies for about $75, so just makes sense to me. Also need the master cylinder and park brake cables, but for less than $200, a simple and inexpensive way to upgrade the brakes.