What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Just swapped out the lower rear control arms, panhard rod (which was noticably bent in the middle), and shocks. I figure its best to do the maintenance bits before I dive into the lift. The new lower arms eliminated the death wobble I was getting on the freeway, so I figure the upper arms can wait to be changed until the horrible experience of removing the old lowers has faded from memory a bit...... shudder....

Land rover nrc9447 coils should be here this week, but they'll have to wait to go on until I can pick up some KYB struts and OME HD coils and do the whole job in one sitting. The most immediate upcoming project will be fabricating a "missing link" from some pipe in the next few days, as well as sealing a leaking hose. So many plans but so little time between work and the upcoming holidays and all. Not to mention we're in the middle of a four day snowstorm right now, so its a little difficult to find motivation for crawling under the truck in the cold detached garage. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

recently taped up my muffler with some high-temp wrap and also trying to figure out what to do with my soundsystem. just wrapped my head around the whole amplifier deal.

f5d44b9aae6aa16ca8cf702f0bbed4a9.jpg8788bbc1df62b38da070cf5db08634aa.jpg9e0e51fbca6d069ca8bdba3fe55321d6.jpg8f655b03ac613e6803e108f5ea7382f9.jpg
Well guys here’s my Vg30e block Powdercoated. I sandblasted it first So now I’m just in the process of blowing it out with compressed air and putting a thin layer of wd40 in the cylinder walls and inside where the crank sits then wrap in saran wrap and put it in the warm house until I can take it to a machine shop. Not planning on boring, Just want it cleaned to perfection before reassembly, Have lots of parts to clean and paint before then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! Haven't been on here in forever but I'm back! Heres a pic of my pathfinder now closer than ever to being on the road since I bought it 5 years ago for $400

Heres a before and after:2eb3492b061e4cf606e57515e54a88ff.jpg5e45c67a08e50a9bf243c3baea6402ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Welcome back! Rig is looking good. I'm still torn on if I like the Xterra racks on those, but it does look like a clean install. I'm sad the Lego's are gone though. 
Thanks! And they're alive and well on my dads D21 with the hard to find center caps that I got for $1 a piece I'd have kept them on but they wont hold 33x12.50s and I'm on the fence as well about the rack even though it's been on there 3 years. It does however give me a perfect mount for a light bar and since I have 3 cross bars on top I can load a good amount of stuff up there for the bigger trips or when camping. Plus it gives my sunroof some protection from branches and such

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RCWD21 said:

Thanks! And they're alive and well on my dads D21 with the hard to find center caps that I got for $1 a piece emoji16.png I'd have kept them on but they wont hold 33x12.50s emoji31.png and I'm on the fence as well about the rack even though it's been on there 3 years. It does however give me a perfect mount for a light bar and since I have 3 cross bars on top I can load a good amount of stuff up there for the bigger trips or when camping. Plus it gives my sunroof some protection from branches and such

Glad to hear the wheels aren't in the scrap heap! Sounds like the roof rack is proving more than practical enough to make up for it's looks.

Glad to hear the wheels aren't in the scrap heap! Sounds like the roof rack is proving more than practical enough to make up for it's looks.
I'll put them in the garage or sell them on here before they get scrapped lol I have the only set I've ever seen in my area so I'm gonna keep them for as long as possible

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Polished my combustion chambers up to 3000 grit it’s not perfect but a hell of a lot better than they were when I pulled them, I know it won’t produce any real noticeable gains but since this Vg30e rebuild is going on a year now ( due to all the powdercoating) I will start a rebuild thread one of these days, porter out all the casting slag out of the intakes and plan to do a little polishing on the exhaust side. truly a labour of love. 061d5e73b846787d771545cc5550317f.jpg32cdd8d3e255058fdfffb00a2cb879da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 1/23/2020 at 9:00 PM, RedPath88 said:

Drove it, as I have a more often than not over the past couple weeks. :Aok:

On 1/24/2020 at 4:55 PM, adamzan said:

Made sure it still runs. And it does, flawlessly as always.

Ditto, though I need to replace the entire exhaust system, which I have in the garage minus one minor custom coupling requirement, it still starts first on the first turn if they key. I kinda feel bad for only calling upon its services now and then lately. It's easy to just stick with the norm and drive the same vehicle, in this case the Lincoln, regularly. As such, I've decided to rotate more regularly between the two. Granted, we're only talking 4.4 miles per day between home and the company vehicle, on days I don't simply work from home. Plus what little I do on weekends, but it's something nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, RainGoat said:

Hmm, looks like my comment somehow ended up way down the line - I was referring to this pic by@RCWD21

That's what I figured you were talking about.  :Aok:

An Xterra rack, people have been putting them on WD21's for a long time now.  I actually have one in the garage that I have never got around to installing.  It's meant to replace the S10 rack I originally installed, and currently still have, on my '88.

cd315f39d8de6891d6439496f7a8d1f6.jpg

Replaced TPS with a brand new OEM part.

My trans kept locking/unlocking so I would jam the gas peddle a bunch of times as quickly as I could, then it’d stop for a few months. One time I cut the car off out of anger and jammed the gas peddle a bunch. I had been thinking that jamming the gas peddle at the time the issue was occurring was what would make it go away. So I started it back up but the issue was gone. It returned in a month or so just like it had been and then I thought that maybe the TPS wiper had a build up of copper particles on it causing intermittent signals to lock/unlock the torque converter. I figure over time the contacts have been worn down by the wiper or the wiper itself is worn down and the particles are building up along the path of the wiper, specifically the contact area where the throttle stays in most often which would be highway cruising.

The only thing that could possibly have anything to do with the transmission by hitting the gas peddle with the car off is that TPS!

Right off the bat the 1 to 2 shift is very noticeably softer.. and the 2 to 3 shift seems to be faster at low acceleration. That TPS may have been bad for some time. Of course my other transmission didn’t have a single issue whatsoever with this same TPS.

Update:

The improvements listed above are definitely there. I also notice that it no longer stays in 3rd gear when taking off from a rolling stop which would cause very poor acceleration.

In general, the vehicle drives much better. I am still a little slow taking off from red lights and such compared to newer cars around me but there are a lot of instances where I have the power I need to drive normally with traffic because the transmission selects the correct gear for acceleration.

A heap of confidence has returned!

• Like 2

On 2/20/2020 at 9:07 PM, RCWD21 said:

Got my door hinge pins replaced finally and it shuts so much better now! Definitely a 2 person job but a hoist makes life easier lol

Good job! I am going to have to do this on my drivers door again to my 88. Seems the aftermarket pins did not last as long as the factory ones..

• Like 1

Good job! I am going to have to do this on my drivers door again to my 88. Seems the aftermarket pins did not last as long as the factory ones..
Thanks! And we'll see for sure. The pins are definitely different quality but I've had decent luck with the dorman brand quick service parts. My only gripe is how fragile the bushings are lol

• Like 1

Got some 12v self adhesive led strip off of ebay and made me an under-hood work light. It's not quite as bright as in the pictures but everything is clearly visible in the darkcbad9392436ddce228681ec4dd41b533.jpg0f586ece253a3f093dbe52bc5f06aa52.jpg

• Like 3