What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

New battery.

I think I had the wipers on my '95 do that once. It was a long time ago but IIRC I just cleaned up the hubs (removed the soft metal that had worn off the arm and fouled the splines) and tightened it back down and it held just fine after that.

I was doing maintenance checks and planning little repairs like new mirrors, bumper, detailing, and all that jazz.  Prom is coming around the corner and I had a really cool idea planned out to propose involving my car, but unfortunately my girlfriend broke up with me today - so it's just a fantasy now

Dodging bullets like Neo

Got a transfer case skid plate off a WD21 and a black honeycomb grill for a total of $9! Just need to drill in my old Nissan logo. For whatever reason the black grill looks better in person than in picture. 

bV6E2V8.jpg

jSakk0Z.jpg

• Like 2

All done! I think it looks good. Really glad I found out about the WD21 transfer case skid plate compatibility. Saves me the time and work of putting something together for that rear section.

PdYBSLS.jpg

STvGQis.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/1/2019 at 9:17 AM, mjotrainbrain said:

Isn't Windrock near or in Tennessee?  You could attend WENT Windrock this fall and wheel with a bunch of other Nissans!  I always wanted to drive down to that event.

I'll have to do some searching, so far I don't know where much is up here! I live in Grandview and work in Lenoir city. slowly learning in between! I definitely plan to do some fishing up here!

James

• Like 1

Worked some more on my overkill sheet metal steering column clamshell, and I'm pleased with how solid it is now that I've got all the mounts worked out. I'm hoping a couple coats of bedliner will hide my various crimes against geometry.

• Haha 2

For the PNW Pathfinders, yesterday started as the Silver Pathfinder Emporium & developed into a full on SwinGateFest 2019. Thanks to @02_Pathy &[mention=39745]stpickens[/mention] and his Dad for coming up from Portland. Also, thanks to[mention=32880]ferrariowner123[/mention] for just stopping by to hang out. Most of all, thanks to[mention=37543]TowndawgR50[/mention] for providing the venue, expertise, product development, hard work and good cheer! It really couldn’t have happened without him.

29b5e97ab2179412f6b827a2d90ee278.jpg

13079146fe7661ba36d3100f5ee0d1a1.jpg

b75662bc438295fad33a44eddebc8626.jpg

ddf3ce9815de4d2ad2fb5f605aaeebe4.jpg

1fc5b2ae74a11de62038f167e896a810.jpg

f74eb652d09c8805f99b9e0b5828801c.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, 03TroutFinder said:

Replaced the roof mounted off road lights and completed fabrication/mounting for new rear bumper!
0c9097f16a5aa8dbf2c19c224a7217d6.jpg0439fa0379695795e4478aa710dd1f77.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Dammit!! I need to learn to weld so I can have cool @!*% like this!!!

• Like 2

On 3/1/2019 at 3:39 PM, Sjackson2 said:

got any pics of cleaning the crank sensor? It really made that much of a difference?

I'll add a pic to this post but it's on the bottom of the bell housing with a little metal cover, and a big weird push connector and one 10mm bolt holding it all on, my engine seemed to rev up and down sluggishly before and when I took it out it had a bunch of shavings on it and a little bb sized chunk of metal, hope it's nothing major but I assume all that crud was messing up the reading, haven't been able to drive much as I'm waiting for the rain to pass to finish welding my exhaust together. Weather is absolutely awful in virginia right now grr 

In recent news, attempting to make a y pipe and putting a little cherry bomb turbo on the truck, gotta give the tiger a good roar lol

1 hour ago, Jack9909 said:

I'll add a pic to this post but it's on the bottom of the bell housing with a little metal cover, and a big weird push connector and one 10mm bolt holding it all on, my engine seemed to rev up and down sluggishly before and when I took it out it had a bunch of shavings on it and a little bb sized chunk of metal, hope it's nothing major but I assume all that crud was messing up the reading, haven't been able to drive much as I'm waiting for the rain to pass to finish welding my exhaust together. Weather is absolutely awful in virginia right now grr 

In recent news, attempting to make a y pipe and putting a little cherry bomb turbo on the truck, gotta give the tiger a good roar lol

Ah ok...so pretty easy to get to then. What did you clean it with? Just some brake parts cleaner? Im gonna have to give that a go

2 hours ago, Sjackson2 said:

Ah ok...so pretty easy to get to then. What did you clean it with? Just some brake parts cleaner? Im gonna have to give that a go

Yup, sorry I'm not much of a describer lol but yeah brake clean and wipe it all off with a rag. That little green connector in the picture near the oil pan. 

cx5xZGZLVACU26TLrV1B0w_F1vqdcx_VgnTxs2jWCMAfyAtNq7AYUUQ5jjGMlyaUnVHe-0uUTKszEItnwRtne4JKVuCZscD2aHqOUv3yZUCExJ_oHPBO_bHk-MWG5NaVKrHb2MwDoQN-jphBdLkTi1d3jtGqGly9wwiMs516vOhHoPBAYGXQoypQ57SfisH9H0sA5FQPkcPiFw_m6H78gbaEi-G6me1hbWWwf1j5ga42eCEYYS55GCpc726_0nlcoqxx8MROYp-aNFoICHyTpvMI-alpecv7GR511jbA7ol6exwGLOg99xUCNuo3RHcNZCR7h8FyYsDI8GCuTM87R19D96NHvRXKiay9-L6kUiY0m7V6bGTB0NlDeOdUoI9M-q0Z68NeLRQs30bfrN6xxEpKPFHNtNp4KSLdf7nqIdQha0tf8APPIlVYBrfJBtS0YXKUCTcTpjVJuscg4b5Alr3An6W1Pt3GWGvVoxkGNceEEHG6wYWBf-dBYDwPxIYm8_zL4VtR8zubik0M8AnBjZhJk7937C47xhVh-MxCilKRY1U694bz_EVzxbMYJw5ZRyR0RU7wXKet-VGpxza0J4vb95NGiVJ2cecF2H8gtDd4YjhykjS44fT37rfRuKKtBtL3nUvWBnL2x-R3G7YTNph1DU8i_q0=w469-h625-no

Edited by Jack9909

1 hour ago, Jack9909 said:

Yup, sorry I'm not much of a describer lol but yeah brake clean and wipe it all off with a rag. That little green connector in the picture near the oil pan. 

might be a stupid question but do you have to drain the tranny first?

Edited by Sjackson2

might be a stupid question but do you have to drain the tranny first?

Nah it's in line with the flywheel, when you take it off you can see the teeth the starter uses, pretty neat inspecting through where it goes

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Just now, Jack9909 said:

Nah it's in line with the flywheel, when you take it off you can see the teeth the starter uses, pretty neat inspecting through where it goes

perfect! Thanks man. im not having any problems, but the rig has quite a few miles and im always down for cleaing or replacing anything i can 

perfect! Thanks man. im not having any problems, but the rig has quite a few miles and im always down for cleaing or replacing anything i can 
No problemo always glad to help out people when I can =D , I'm the same about my truck lol if I can find something and clean it ill go for it

I'll have to do some searching, so far I don't know where much is up here! I live in Grandview and work in Lenoir city. slowly learning in between! I definitely plan to do some fishing up here!
James
Join the NOAS Facebook group

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk