What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Replaced the battery.  The single digit weather in the northeast finally did it in and starting was a no-go.  When I pulled the old battery out, I saw the date code on it.... C9.  Damned near lasted 10 years!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, k9sar said:

Replaced the battery.  The single digit weather in the northeast finally did it in and starting was a no-go.  When I pulled the old battery out, I saw the date code on it.... C9.  Damned near lasted 10 years!

I'm still waiting for mine to die for good. It doesnt want to power the led dome lights for anything longer than 10 minutes without dying but she still started in the cold when the locks and doors were frozen shut (annoying)

14 hours ago, adamzan said:

lol "cold" in California.

There is a big mountain range going though this state that I live on called the sierras lol. It can get fairly cold here, not as cold as some places but cold none the less lol

• Like 1

Wondered what the hell that noise was. It sounded like a wiper motor or a fuel pump having a really bad day, but it didn't stop when I turned the truck off. Then I got out and realized the sound was actually coming from the from four or five lonely bloodhounds in the back of a Chevy pickup parked nearby.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Finally had one of my led brake lights die (lasted 11 years!), an own dome light & a few bulbs in the HMS light. Replaced dome, cargo, map, STT, HMS, & reverse lights with a combo of JDM & LUYED(sp?) led's. Interior is very well lit now and all the others seem to be of good quality and are substantially brighter than their predecessors.

As a note, the led STT bulbs I had for 11 years were from superbrightleds.com. I did consider buying from them again, but their pricing on the newest/brightest versions are substantially more than other highly rated units. Figured I'd take a gamble on the cheaper ones, so hopefully they last a while.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

JDM Astar I assume? The LEDs from them & LUYED seem pretty good. I’d put Diode Dynamics at the top with DDM Tuning below that & then Mictuning, iJDMToy & JDM Astar. I’ve been thinking Alla & LUYED might belong there as well. I am trying both & will be interested in your long term results too. I’ve definitely learned my lesson about cheapies bit I’ve wanted to explore these lower cost ones for good quality at a good price. Longevity is the key to value there. BTW, LUYED certainly spares no attention to packaging, huh, mine came in literally beautiful little boxes.

• Like 1

Not today but from this past Saturday. I stopped by Hawairish’s and we (he) fabbed up this awesome little mount for my roof light switches. Came out perfectly with his handy cnc plasma.

a32ef859dbfebeb8d9241b2de964d11d.jpg
5fcbb7833d623eccbb7df0f0eaacfd58.jpg

I also didn’t know he drove for lyft
e1c47ac320551a2b337a70654c3dc2d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/29/2019 at 1:48 PM, RainGoat said:

JDM Astar I assume? The LEDs from them & LUYED seem pretty good. I’d put Diode Dynamics at the top with DDM Tuning below that & then Mictuning, iJDMToy & JDM Astar. I’ve been thinking Alla & LUYED might belong there as well. I am trying both & will be interested in your long term results too. I’ve definitely learned my lesson about cheapies bit I’ve wanted to explore these lower cost ones for good quality at a good price. Longevity is the key to value there. BTW, LUYED certainly spares no attention to packaging, huh, mine came in literally beautiful little boxes.

Yes, JDM Astars & yeah, the packaging of the LUYED kinda scared me, I expected to open those and see either some crappy looking led's or diamonds! Lol. I'm curious to see how long they last. I'll keep you posted.

• Like 1

Not today but from this past Saturday. I stopped by Hawairish’s and we (he) fabbed up this awesome little mount for my roof light switches. Came out perfectly with his handy cnc plasma.

I also didn’t know he drove for lyft

Love the switches where did you get them? I'd had to cut my dash above and to the right of the coin tray and put them there to hide the wires. Great job though. Different strokes for different folks.

Mr Cox 96R50-97JR50

Love the switches where did you get them? I'd had to cut my dash above and to the right of the coin tray and put them there to hide the wires. Great job though. Different strokes for different folks.

Mr Cox 96R50-97JR50

I got the switches on Amazon. They are part of a dual switch harness that also includes inline fuse.

Got some nice parts from pick and pull. Even found a rear dome light cover (though it was too far degraded to really consider taking) and (only 1) brake light armor for the wd21. Picked up some switches for the defroster and the dash lights. Couldn't get one for the rear wiper but it's what it is. Also got some side heater vent covers which is pretty awesome along with my center heater vent assembly so I can put that back together finally.

Picked me up another radio bezel,tool bag, distributor and what looks like a fairly new overflow reservoir from Pull-A-Part today. Didn't really need this stuff but got it anyway. Installing over flow on my 97 Q and bezel on my 96 Pathy. guys.ccac0551e61a66a9bb098f46f0403ed3.jpg24c28657d1de7f997b05c83fb400c995.jpg4228149e5f1d26ff9ea0d64350f7e5e9.jpg

Mr Cox 96R50-97JR50

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2019 at 8:53 PM, Astrorami said:

I also didn’t know he drove for lyft emoji23.png

Might have to stop by hawairish’s place and have him make me up some cool stuf!!! Specially since he’s right up the street from em, lol

On 2/9/2019 at 11:59 PM, Sjackson2 said:

Might have to stop by hawairish’s place and have him make me up some cool stuf!!! Specially since he’s right up the street from me, lol

I think we need to start a SW chapter to rival the PNW chapter that's been growing steadily.

• Like 4

I think we need to start a SW chapter to rival the PNW chapter that's been growing steadily.     

It’s not “rival”, it’s “complement”. Together we’re the R50 Test Lab: Wet & Dry Divisions, PNW & Desert

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1