What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

You're right. I get the same hassle at the NY crossing when I would go shopping. And it has been that way for years. I got yelled at once too, it was that trip I took to WA, CA, and TX 8 years ago. They didn't believe a 20 y/o was going on a road trip. Guy even tossed my DSLR camera back in the truck... I about lost it. I've been pulled in for that "inspection" probably 5 or 6 times over the years.

They made you unpack it? They did it for me, and left it all over the ground for me to put back together.

6 hours ago, RainGoat said:

Not sure it’s been said but your work is lovely! I expect every one of us wishes our truck looked as clean as your finished product. I’m curious, what paint did you use & why it over others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you. Are you talking about what paint i used for the undercoating?

2 hours ago, RainGoat said:

Nooooooo!

Yep. Since I moved out of the forest seven months ago, I have only used it one time, at Tahyua with you guys. I drive it occasionally just to keep things moving. A few months ago my son and I bought dirt bikes because there are way more trails around here for bikes vs 4x4. He really enjoys the bikes, so selling the pathy to fund more dirt bike stuff. 

• Like 1

Yep. Since I moved out of the forest seven months ago, I have only used it one time, at Tahyua with you guys. I drive it occasionally just to keep things moving. A few months ago my son and I bought dirt bikes because there are way more trails around here for bikes vs 4x4. He really enjoys the bikes, so selling the pathy to fund more dirt bike stuff. 

I get it but it still makes me sad. Not alot of WD21s around here

Sold it. I tried to impress on the buyer the value of the forum, so maybe he will get on here and the pathy will live on. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Got some old tow truck flood lights for 30$ off craigslist, spend the day making a wire harness for them and wiring them to dip switches with an extra led indicator for some flare. Such a major difference between the crap headlights and these things are still halogens, 2 55w lamps and 2 35w lamps. 

I have a tow hitch I'm going to be installing tomorrow.

Took it out wheeling tonight on some new portions of the trails by my house since the new lights got done, I'm impressed on how much the pathy can eat up and its approach and departure angle. Was going down some pretty gnarly hills that I thought I was going to skid off of. All in all a good day with the old girl. 

Lastly since I've not posted what ice been up to in awhile the truck has been used for camping and got cleaned here and there.mostly just been wheeling around with it and using it for work.

Drove it even further from home, down the Sunshine Coast, British Columbia.

Trying to see how many places I can take this truck! 8k put on it this trip so far. And I still have the drive home to Ontario lol.

38014731_10156533760514233_4503058938232

• Like 5

2 hours ago, adamzan said:

Trying to see how many places I can take this truck! 8k put on it this trip so far. And I still have the drive home to Ontario lol.

What are you seeing for mpgs and have you done anything to increase them, if so what all did you do? I'm always looking to further mine.

2 hours ago, adamzan said:

That sounds like a pretty epic journey.  As a member of this forum, I think I can say on the behalf of all of us that we need more pictures!

• Like 2

That’s a unique & fun place to explore. I did all that ferry hoping with my truck over a decade ago. Up the Sunshine Coast & down the unpaved Western Coast of Vancouver Island in my case. One of my favorite trips!

On 8/1/2018 at 5:10 PM, Slartibartfast said:

On 7/30/2018 at 12:37 PM, Charlie_Brown said:

What are you seeing for mpgs and have you done anything to increase them, if so what all did you do? I'm always looking to further mine.

I'm getting anywhere from 20-23~ on the highway. It's a 5 speed manual with a full tune up. Replacing the o2 sensor made a decent difference. Other than that I've always been able to squeeze that kind of mileage out of my pathys. City mileage is meh.

On 7/30/2018 at 12:49 PM, mjotrainbrain said:

That sounds like a pretty epic journey.  As a member of this forum, I think I can say on the behalf of all of us that we need more pictures!

I will when I get the rest off my camera!

On 7/31/2018 at 3:52 PM, RainGoat said:

That’s a unique & fun place to explore. I did all that ferry hoping with my truck over a decade ago. Up the Sunshine Coast & down the unpaved Western Coast of Vancouver Island in my case. One of my favorite trips!

Sweet, I'm on Vancouver Island right now... Took a whole day and made it up to Tofino. Had a great dinner at Shelter Restaurant.

Damn I need to clean this thing lol.

38018463_10156543525389233_6340374861457

• Like 2

5 hours ago, adamzan said:

made it up to Tofino.

38018463_10156543525389233_6340374861457

Love the Tofino & Ucluelet area so much I proposed to my wife at Half Moon Bay in between them, down the Willowbrae trail which I believe still has remnants of the old corduroy road. (http://tofinohiatus.com/tofinohikes/willowbrae-trail-a-halfmoon-bay-.html)

With the broken Islands to your South you have to go back to Port Albierni to head West & South again. Are you going to head North along the Western coast? 

Edited by RainGoat

• 3 weeks later...

Felt a whole lot better about how difficult mine is to work on after helping a friend replace the steering box in his S10 Blazer. The pitman arm joint refused to let go of the centerlink (and there was no room for a puller) so we ended up cutting the pitman in half with a Sawzall just so we could get the box out. :crazy:

• Like 2

Not a lot has been done lately to it. Just been enjoying it, taking it on trails and getting used to how much it can handle till I find its its limits (further than I had thought). 

I have added 4 new lifts out on separate dip switches. Got the lights for 30$ (halogens) they came off a tow truck. Wanted LEDs but I hate the idea of the diodes going out and having to replace the entire thing rather than just buy a new light so after searching around I went with these tow truck lights that let me get direct LED replacements. Currently I'm running 4 floods, 2 65w and 2 35w (what came with the deal, brand new lights). They work great but I cant wait to go with 2 floods and 2 spots. Chose 2 switches for the future of 4 spots and 2 floods with the spots mounted on the roof of the truck, more or less room for expansion.

One dip switch I bought was faulty and autozone decided they wont replace it so looking for seperate switches all together (these dip switches are too bulky in design), also added led indicators for when the lights are on as an idiot light while driving g so you know A, that they are working and B, they are on (35 waters get drown out by the 65w really quick, a reason I just noticed that the dipswitch on the 35w was faulty).

Side note, FINALLY adjusted my head lights so they are straight, being lazy and just accepting poor quality light days are gone. 

Tried to pick up a dana 44 but was given away from under me so in the market again for one. Looking to SAS the rig in the near future (must payBill's, must pay bills).

Once this wild fire is out if the mountain pass is still open I'm planning to take the rig on a hard trail that all the rock crawlers go on. Even in the non optional sections it is rated to be hard and advised for lockers and 35s. Time to throw the 33 swampers back under the ol girl and test out that lsd with some careful throttle. Looking forward to seeing how the old culture wagon performs on it.

• Like 1