What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Okay, that’s totally different than I was thinking. If you go to my RainGoat Instagram & look at the 2nd & 3rd postings you’ll see Alex’s truck with the conduit clamps holding it on. He used furs coat to make them black. TownDawgR50 also used the galvanized conduit clamps for his rack but it was off on that trip.

It’s hard to really see how there are mounted. I sort of have an idea in my head though. Here is what I made:

I started with the 1”

76529c9e171215416b480121f9825d98.jpg

Then went 2”

95add4d3829a806d5015669fbfdfd158.jpg

How it’s sitting right now. I am not 100% satisfied with the fitment. The weird angle is making the bolts go in also at an angle. I wish I had the tools to slot the hole a bit.

8f7905dc655f91a0a1d34bf497c10c78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(yesterday) I went to a machine shop and ordered three adapters for putting my Vg30e pulley on the VG33E crankshaft, since I cannot source a Mr.510 adapter or part number 1230312G03. I will have two extras in a few weeks, with pictures to follow. I had been researching the swap before my 30 blew but I hadn't realized it was so hard to get the part. Anyone doing this swap, if you want to run your old accessory setup you will need an adapter. I should have taken the pulleys to a shop two weeks ago instead of trying to get one that Mr.510 made. That being said, I much rather would have one of his because I have utmost respect for him and his work with the wd21. I would like to support a fellow wd21 owner and onetime forum member though he evidently went quiet well before I bought a Nissan. I understand he was unwell, and I sincerely hope that he is doing better. Mr.510, wherever you are, I am thinking of you. Respect.

Installed rear springs,shocks and r sway bar bushings. Also refurbished the rear end while I had most of what holds it to the car disconnected. The wire brush was my best friend LOL during this project. I also got new tires today. Well I had the tires I purchased them back in April but wanted to wait till I got all my suspension changed out before I put them on this thing rides like a Cadillac. #97JR50Queycfde59f54f32465cfab87fa40d58e703.jpg71247ff74eea19e1c098bb6da0d9d568.jpg09ad5db6bb41129a216f06d1a9ab04f2.jpg59c44ab1d5c00979f0ae1cc223ae4454.jpgf5c8f457dbd29c37c4ccac5c3dcf34f6.jpgde6ccd534e7da629d4c4d02670d9d72b.jpgc8d0e8f079f7818bf6360b0b8644e9fb.jpgdb46467bddacf39f809134438051758e.jpg0261455b1edeeaea40e9dc4a537b8386.jpg

Mr Cox 96R50-97JR50

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Installed Eyebolts for securing cargo.

If I’m going on a trip where I’ll be off-road a lot, I like to throw a net over the cargo area to hold all the loose stuff down. My critically heavy items are camstrapped to the floor cargo tie downs, but the net just attaches to the fairly weak upper cargo points & the rear seat headrest posts if the rear seats are up.

I’ve been wanting to do the cargo tie downs for 14 years. My thought was to simply use eye bolts where the machine screws anchor in the body. Those are M6x1.0 threads, however, and metric eye bolts, particularly in stainless or zinc, are quite difficult to find. Combined with a lack of motivation, this usually stopped me. When I had a time limit to solve an essentially identical problem in my Mom’s new 4Runner I was finally forced to get it done (admittedly, testing it on the Path first).

The key was ridiculously obvious. I simply needed to rethread the frame bolts to 1/4” & I would have endless hardware options. Warning, this is an irreversible step.

You can remove the metal arms or even fold them out-I just kept them folded for now. A slightly shortened spacer would recess the eye hook some, which I would prefer, but a hardware option wasn’t readily available to me. You could also use washers instead of a spacer. If you remove the metal arm entirely, you can use a single washer for a much more recessed eye bolt-though I think it then reaches the point of being too difficult to use (you also may want a shorter eye bolt). Anyway, here is the modification for anyone who is interested.

Cargo Tie Downs:
(2 above cargo window/2 in front of tonneau cover slot)
Rethread M6x1.0 frame machine screw holes with a 1/4” tap.
Spacer-Chrome Steel 0.5x0.25” [Everbuilt] 2 pack x2
Eyebolt-Stainless Steel 0.25” x 2” (6.3x50.8mm) 160#(72.5kg ) Working Load Limit [Everbuilt] SKU372941 2 pack x2

fd6caf6a8e1256ce6bf2f52f7996aacd.jpg

82dd67cab75ee8dda39700455f552176.jpg

2f752cf8d51050d9d04b56c702cb5634.jpg

• Like 5

13 hours ago, RainGoat said:

If I’m going on a trip where I’ll be off-road a lot, I like to throw a net over the cargo area to hold all the loose stuff down. My critically heavy items are camstrapped to the floor cargo tie downs, but the net just attaches to the fairly weak upper cargo points & the rear seat headrest posts if the rear seats are up.

I’ve been wanting to do the cargo tie downs for 14 years. My thought was to simply use eye bolts where the machine screws anchor in the body. Those are M6x1.0 threads, however, and metric eye bolts, particularly in stainless or zinc, are quite difficult to find. Combined with a lack of motivation, this usually stopped me. When I had a time limit to solve an essentially identical problem in my Mom’s new 4Runner I was finally forced to get it done (admittedly, testing it on the Path first).

The key was ridiculously obvious. I simply needed to rethread the frame bolts to 1/4” & I would have endless hardware options. Warning, this is an irreversible step.

You can remove the metal arms or even fold them out-I just kept them folded for now. A slightly shortened spacer would recess the eye hook some, which I would prefer, but a hardware option wasn’t readily available to me. You could also use washers instead of a spacer. If you remove the metal arm entirely, you can use a single washer for a much more recessed eye bolt-though I think it then reaches the point of being too difficult to use (you also may want a shorter eye bolt). Anyway, here is the modification for anyone who is interested.

Cargo Tie Downs:
(2 above cargo window/2 in front of tonneau cover slot)
Rethread M6x1.0 frame machine screw holes with a 1/4” tap.
Spacer-Chrome Steel 0.5x0.25” [Everbuilt] 2 pack x2
Eyebolt-Stainless Steel 0.25” x 2” (6.3x50.8mm) 160#(72.5kg ) Working Load Limit [Everbuilt] SKU372941 2 pack x2

fd6caf6a8e1256ce6bf2f52f7996aacd.jpg

82dd67cab75ee8dda39700455f552176.jpg

2f752cf8d51050d9d04b56c702cb5634.jpg

I like that.  I always like having gear secured, but there's very few good options for the R50, especially if you have a rubber mat covering the tie downs in the floor, this is cool.

• Like 1

I’m still working on a clean application for the rear. I’m also working on a ceiling net & ultimately a MOLLE rack for the driver’s side cargo window. All that said, I’d rather have hawairish‘ rear cargo area rack-that thing is great!

• 2 weeks later...

New Quest alternator came in only to find out it's damaged. Plug was broken but usable and the stator is either bent or a bearing is tweaked as it doesn't spin freely and catches on one side. I ordered off Ebay if you're wondering. The generic printout that came with it says it makes 94A at 1.5k, 153A at 2.5k, and 178A at 6k RPM (alternator and not engine speed).  Alternator turn on speed is 1567 rpm.

Having a little bit of a rough idle. Not real bad, but to me worse than what it really was. So I removed my MAF sensor and gave it a good cleaning now idling smooth.

Mr Cox 96R50-97JR50

About to put my head's back in after replaceing gaskets, torqueing everything down last rocker arm bolt snaps

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Do you have a thread started with pics and tips and stuff?? I’m about to have to do my head gaskets.

Do you have a thread started with pics and tips and stuff?? I’m about to have to do my head gaskets.

No but I can good I deal didn't think about it
BTW if you have any questions ask

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15324484137013460967455961753361.jpg

I have TWO extra adapters for putting the Vg30e accessory pulley on a 32mm crankshaft snout on the vg33e. Now I'm FINALLY putting the 33 in the WD21! 

Note: I've been working on the pathy almost every day for the past couple months. I've painted most of the interior trim, both bumpers, and the roof rack. I painted most of my seats. I modified an Xterra roof rack and painted it (bars coated with bedliner). I installed an oil filter relocation kit. I lost track of all the things I've done, and I really suck at posting my progress. 

Edited by Wroth
  • Like 1

Last week, getting ready for gambler.

Yesterday
New winch rope and fairlead.

Today, if i get off my ass.
New LED bulbs for my spot lights, new headlight bulbs, replace a window, vacuum out glass.

Lets try this again, how could this go wrong, how hard could it be?

• Like 1

On 7/24/2018 at 11:43 AM, mjotrainbrain said:

Wow, that's a lot of driving!

Yeah, got here yesterday afternoon. Truck did pretty well, it was pinging a bit in the mountains so I had to keep the revs up and am hoping it was just bad fuel. I'll be out west for a few weeks then heading home mid august.

• Like 2

Installed rear springs,shocks and r sway bar bushings. Also refurbished the rear end while I had most of what holds it to the car disconnected. The wire brush was my best friend LOL during this project. I also got new tires today. Well I had the tires I purchased them back in April but wanted to wait till I got all my suspension changed out before I put them on this thing rides like a Cadillac. #97JR50Queycfde59f54f32465cfab87fa40d58e703.jpg
Mr Cox 96R50-97JR50

Not sure it’s been said but your work is lovely! I expect every one of us wishes our truck looked as clean as your finished product. I’m curious, what paint did you use & why it over others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RainGoat said:

Where are you?

I'm in Vancouver BC right now... Was planning on going to Seattle to see Mr.510 since its been about 8 years, but not sure I will with how we get treated at the border these days...

I'm in Vancouver BC right now... Was planning on going to Seattle to see Mr.510 since its been about 8 years, but not sure I will with how we get treated at the border these days...

For what it’s worth, that’s not Western WA’s fault. Also to your point, all my life it’s always been more welcoming entering Canada than it has been even when I return home. It’s only been on the U.S. side that I’ve had to unpack my truck before & been yelled at because the window was up on my then 2 year old’s side. Our enhanced Driver’s License & Passport Card RFIDs do seem to help as now the U.S. guy now seems to understand it’s two forty somethings & their young kids in that luggage jammed SUV.

Great weather right now (Frankly too hot for us NWers-but dry). Also, bad mosquitoes this year-worst I can remember (which almost means any mosquitoes here in the NW-we’re spoiled).