What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

It's a 97 Quey.

It looks to me like you have an OEM spot for switches forward from your shifter. That would be super handy for all the things you’ve done with it: voltmeter, USB outlets, switches. Can you take a picture of your center console surround around the gear shift? Is that the stock ‘97 Q trim? Thanks!

675f0c00765b5a1b8f02f3625b1e4be1.jpg

Mr Cox R50

• Like 1

It's a 97 Quey.675f0c00765b5a1b8f02f3625b1e4be1.jpg

Mr Cox R50

Thanks. Hmmm, I’ve got the TX14 transmission so the open shifter area won’t work well. I guess I can just cut a 3 switch slot there. I’ve always had a grippy mat there but your use is much more useful. Alternatively, I might look at the space under there & see what I could do with that. As an aside, I’ve seen GSpeed151 fit a 3 switch panel into the ashtray area which worked pretty well. Edited by RainGoat

It looks to me like you have an OEM spot for switches forward from your shifter. That would be super handy for all the things you’ve done with it: voltmeter, USB outlets, switches. Can you take a picture of your center console surround around the gear shift? Is that the stock ‘97 Q trim? Thanks!

I love the fact that Nissan has extra spots for switches so when you add lights and stuff you have a place to put them. Their switches are real easy to manipulate when changing the lights out 2 LED's

Mr Cox R50

I was thinking about doing the same thing using the ashtray space for my switches. The place I have that's in front or behind the shifter however you look at it it's really not a good place to put switches especially if you're using other manufacturer switches. You know like Hyundai and Kia. It's so hard to find a Nissan fog light switch unless you order them offline or order them from Japan and I don't even use them the only reason I don't use them is because at night when you turn your lights on the light on the switch lights up to let you know there's a switch there but when you turn the switch on it still stays the same color and sometimes it will make you accidentally leave your lights on or leave a fog light on because there's no indicator on the switch if you understand what I mean. And also the place that you're talking about there in front of the shifter it has to be a small switch in length a longer switch will not work it starts hitting the floorboard before you can actually get the switch in there that's if you're using an aftermarket or another manufacturer switch. I Nissan switch will work great there it's just the problem with the indicator light is why I don't use them. Okay I'm going to stop rambling now LOL

Mr Cox R50

• Like 1

The switch on the bottom left which is a fog light switch came out of a Suzuki Aero. SUZUKI has some really cool switches and there easy to add a l.e.d inside of them. Every time I go to Pull A Part I get at least three or four switches even if I already have them I get extras. 4d505b570775efc464d74927055e54a0.jpg

Mr Cox R50

• Like 2

I like that fog light switch.

Thanks I got it out of a Suzuki Aero. I think that's how it's spelled but it came out of a Suzuki I know that much.

Mr Cox R50

• Like 1

I heard the seatbelts have a lifetime warranty on them is that true? What's the reason you're taking them in to get replaced?

I confirmed my appointment to take my QX to the dealership to have the seat belts replaced. 20 year old vehicle, they're still giving me a loaner!

Mr Cox R50

I attempted to mount a generic roof basket on the stock rails and failed horribly. I used 1” sq aluminum tube for a spacer between the rail and basket hoping to just be able to set basket down. That didn’t work. The angle of the rails puts tubing outward and won’t let mounting bolts reach basket. Will try again today with 1x2” tubing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I attempted to mount a generic roof basket on the stock rails and failed horribly. I used 1” sq aluminum tube for a spacer between the rail and basket hoping to just be able to set basket down. That didn’t work. The angle of the rails puts tubing outward and won’t let mounting bolts reach basket. Will try again today with 1x2” tubing.

I’m just about to mount a full length Rola V-Tech rack which has a 1” bottom tube as wide as the OEM rails. Several others have had good success with 1” conduit clamps which is what I am going to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

All seatbelts have a lifetime warranty. Mine no longer retracted.

I am going to try to have this done one mine. I wonder how poorly the retraction has to be. Mine will retract with assistance.

• Like 2

I’m just about to mount a full length Rola V-Tech rack which has a 1” bottom tube as wide as the OEM rails. Several others have had good success with 1” conduit clamps which is what I am going to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’d like to have a look at what this rack looks like when mounted. I had that idea of using those insulated clamps when my original idea failed but I figured I had a pretty good plan when i fabricated mine. I’ll upload a photo of my design once I am home. For reference here is what i based my off of: www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/224557-inexpensive-full-length-roof-rack-curt-rack.html

Changed condenser and dryer

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180610/0503d95f2a4758fccefc72adb6e0044d.heic

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180610/7cf89da1a338eb0d5b4d3ce869cdcd6f.heic

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180610/56d1e5a5c4a534b6cdce8851bc6f7823.heic

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180610/44a34de3f22a11d4df693c5303bbe164.heic

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180610/c498617bd16694d93c9587c50350c0dc.heic

Charged it right to spec at 1.5# but it’s not as cold as it should be or as cold as it was before the new condenser and dryer. I am going to push another 3-4oz and see if it drops down.

How long did you pull a vacuum for? I did mine for over an hour on my 1995. I didn't replace the drier but did change the condenser. It blows about 40F while holding the engine at 1500rpm.

• Like 1

It was just over an hour at 30inHg. My presssures are at 45-50 and 225-250. I’ll take a temp reading on the way home in just a little while. I need a dial thermometer, I’m using an IR gun and it’s hard to get a consistent reading.

I saw 36degF driving at highway speeds previously and I just don’t think it’s that cold anymore.

Also I sprayed the old condenser with the water hose to try to get an accurate pressure reading on the manifold and I saw 25 and 140 with very cold air coming from the vents(anecdotal). That makes me think that maybe I should lower the amount of refrigerant in the system.

Edit: I wonder if an older and more worn compressor would perform better with lower system pressures...

Edited by onespiritbrain

Mine aren't that high. If you check the FSM it will tell you the proper pressure for a given temp/humidity level. I find mine takes a while to get to it's coldest in traffic, but that's the nature of a fan clutch system.

• Like 1

Mine aren't that high. If you check the FSM it will tell you the proper pressure for a given temp/humidity level. I find mine takes a while to get to it's coldest in traffic, but that's the nature of a fan clutch system.

And if I’m not satisfied after further investigation, I’m going to go electric. I’ve been wanting to anyway but my hesitation is because of water/mud ingress.

Wow... I grabbed the IR gun expecting to wine some more about it not being cold and I saw/felt this:

49e84c758f3c0377eaeebf582e9c73b4.jpg

09e5b57d8b222796ab0c58e8f63e3fe9.jpg

I don’t know what changed but my goodness it’s working super good now!

Edited by onespiritbrain
  • Like 2

I’d like to have a look at what this rack looks like when mounted. I had that idea of using those insulated clamps when my original idea failed but I figured I had a pretty good plan when i fabricated mine. I’ll upload a photo of my design once I am home. For reference here is what i based my off of: www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/224557-inexpensive-full-length-roof-rack-curt-rack.html

Okay, that’s totally different than I was thinking. If you go to my RainGoat Instagram & look at the 2nd & 3rd postings you’ll see Alex’s truck with the conduit clamps holding it on. He used furs coat to make them black. TownDawgR50 also used the galvanized conduit clamps for his rack but it was off on that trip.

Wow... I grabbed the IR gun expecting to wine some more about it not being cold and I saw/felt this:

09e5b57d8b222796ab0c58e8f63e3fe9.jpg

I don’t know what changed but my goodness it’s working super good now!

I really need to fix my AC.

• Like 1

Dropped my QX4 off at the dealership and they replaced my front seat belts. WOW what a difference they make when they actually retract. They even gave me a loaner, a 2019 QX60 with 6 miles on it! I was nervous....

• Like 3

Dropped my QX4 off at the dealership and they replaced my front seat belts. WOW what a difference they make when they actually retract. They even gave me a loaner, a 2019 QX60 with 6 miles on it! I was nervous....

What year is your QX4? I wonder if my 2002 would be eligible...

• Like 1