What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Clarification on my issue starting - I get the "single-click no-crank" issue, which on a manual can be caused by the starter, the starter solenoid, or the starter relay (and only these things, right?) It started with a very slow crank in a parking lot, followed by half-cranks until the starter stopped responding in another parking lot.

Check all your grounds. I forgot to put my main ground back on and had the same issue.

Painted the Nissan emblem on the grill, blue circle chromed out to red Nissan. Flashy but looks pretty goid. Bent and cut a bracket for the snorkel to be mounted to the A pillar. Need to drill holes, grind smooth and paint it tomorrow.

Mounted new rims with the 33 super swampers just to make sure they would fit on the truck. They "fit" but now I'm looking at minimum 4inch lift.

Considering caliminis suspension lift kit with the new torsion bars (mine are sagged pretty hard) with a 2 inch BL. Anyone have experience with this lift? Opinions?

Y'all think it would be comparable in price to SAS? I don't know how to weld so I'd have to take it to a shop unfortunately. Leaning on the lifts for cost factor but open to all opinions and experiences.

Clarification on my issue starting - I get the "single-click no-crank" issue, which on a manual can be caused by the starter, the starter solenoid, or the starter relay (and only these things, right?) It started with a very slow crank in a parking lot, followed by half-cranks until the starter stopped responding in another parking lot.

CO_pf, do you know if the starter was ever changed by a PO? Mine was OE and I got 14 years of service out of mine (swallowed hard, took it like a man and opted for the shop to do it-lol) before it started to show the signs yours is now. Used it for my work truck for min 6 yrs and must have started it a trillion times-haha, so it really didn't owe me anything at this point in its life.

Sad thing is, what actually fails/wears out is the brushes and the commutator ends up, over time, getting carbon transfer and severely degrades the electrical contact point between the 2 parts.

In my youth (just after they invented rocks and fire) I remember my dad rebuilding many a starter by getting new brushes at the stealership and using a "deburnishing tool" on the commutator itself to get it all shiny and new looking. It was such a simple job to do. That part of the job always took the least amount of time. Not even sure if those parts are even available at the dealers any more...sigh. we now live in a hermetically sealed parts world, where things are simply thrown away and cant be repaired by Joe Aveage.

What a sad legacy we have left for our children...Sorry, I'm just rambling now.

If the weather would figue out what it's going to do today, I plan to reassemble the now scrubbed clean interior parts back into Goldy, replace a broken cat stud and button up the exhaust and maybe do a oil change/spark plug replacement too. Again weather permitting-tomorrow is supposed to be nice they're telling us, so we see...

There are still motor rebuild shops where you can get parts to rebuild starters and alternators. Usually cost as much as a new one.

and cant be repaired by Joe Aveage.

What a sad legacy we have left for our children...Sorry, I'm just rambling now.

Most things can't be replaced/repaired by Joe now because of tech advancement. Its a good thing, I promise.

Don't know if the starter is OE or not but its caked in oil so I would venture to guess the answer is yes. Ill give it a hammer smack and see what happens.

Took full advantage of a rare low humidity day here in Georgia. Finished painting the Boom Boom Truck. I'm happy with the look but, I'm trying to decide if I want to put the tire carrier back on or get an xterra roof rack and put the spare up there. Thoughts????

b1e6e9675ce174ed93489fe476ced4bb.jpgaaa7bc5211ce055a34deda821b6bbf47.jpg7bcef8873fea3cc52054ca1589efe08c.jpg1c2f8053c8d42af65f6d5b6393be6d87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

^That doesn't look half bad! I like having the carrier on mine, and from what I've seen on here, they make decent armor against tailgaters.

Or accidentally backing into things. Spare tire turns you into a bumper car lol

• Like 3

Or accidentally backing into things. Spare tire turns you into a bumper car lol

I'll probably end up putting it back on but I need to paint it first.

Well after fitting new thermostat she's finally running at the proper temp. Every now and then I'm finding a few drops of coolant coming from the weep hole on the water pump. It's weird one day it's been leaking a few drops, the next day, nothing. I will keep an eye on it.

Got about 3 hours into the bumper today. All of the wing sections are cut and cleaned up. The welds on the tube are also ground. Thought about going with led turn signals, but decided to reuse the old turn signals, so got the holes for them cut out and cleaned up. Realized I forgot to design a spot to hang the license plate, so will need to give that some thought.

Anybody have tips for yanking the starter over the centerlink? mines stuck on it and im trying not to unbolt the pitman

Definitely shouldn't have to pull the pitman. It was a while ago when the starter on my '95 went out (and back then I was mostly just handing other people tools) but we got it out by removing the heat shield--gave us just enough clearance to get it out one way or another.

• Like 1

Anybody have tips for yanking the starter over the centerlink? mines stuck on it and im trying not to unbolt the pitman

Just keep rotating it and pulling it forward. It will come out eventually. Its not that bad.

• Like 2

My wallet will be hurting; dropped my QX4 off for an alignment and exhaust today. Initial estimate was $571.63, but I decided I didn't want dual exhausts that bad. It's now going to be $402.25 for single and an alignment. Better sound darn good, haha!

Started on the next phase of my work on the 99 Pathy, timing belt, power steering rack replacement, AC compressor, front axles and associated parts. That should get me on the road.

Good news everyone, Goldy is back on the ground and running-exhaust stud fixed and all buttoned up. Oil n filter changed. New to me, drivers window mechanism cleaned, lubed, installed & working wonderfully-forgot how fast they were supposed to be, ha. Got 2 more dr panels to re, clean & re.

Figured out that the drvrs seat issue will be a relatively easy fix-thank you dude on YouTube video-little nylon gear. I should be able to cannibalize the one from spare pass seat assy. Either that or pay $40 for a new 1 from Amazon-yikes!! NOTE: seat motors not working? 2 possibilities: coins jammed in track; ie: 1 side only works-this can also destroy that little nylon gear OR motor needs to be hit(tapped)w/hammer-Nissan Percussive Maintenance Program, Lovin it!! Apparently the motors can get "stuck/locked" in 1 place & quite often a tap or 2 will get them moving again. Probably just a dirty spot on the armature. Think I'll attempt that gear replacement tonight, if no plans have been made by the Social Secretary.

Made a new vapor barrier, as PO(Wienney McHackerson)felt it unnecessary to replace it after he butchered the fact. stereo wiring...oh yeah gotta solder 2 wires in there too, then the door panel can be put back on.

PO said Climate Control wasn't working...haven't really investigated but I DO know the AC pump belt is NONEXISTENT-got some new belts already-just another "roundtoit"....

Got a lot done in last 2-3 days so must push on while im still motivated, wish me luck, V.