What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Cut into my fender for the snorkel, beat the crap out if it to try to get it straight with some success. Still not happy entirely with how it sits but it's too late to work on it, took out the air filter box so I can begin the plumbing tomorrow if I feel like it. That or tear the engine back down, one of the two.

Beat fender more so snorkel is pretty straight, been thinking of how I'm going to paint the truck and looking at ideas. I'll tear the engine back apart next weekend when I get the new belt.

Considering running into town and picking up a rattle can of red paint for the fender and just spraying over the cuts and paint that chipped off. I don't care if it stays or not since I'm not going to keep it that color but I feel like I should just wait for when I actually paint it. Not sire, will probably just get a rattle can so I can finish the install since all that's left is easy.

Love It! It almost seems like it's me out there (same color, model & WA plates). How do u like the window covers? I've always thought of them as being for smokers but I note a lot of Paths have them & it certainly can make some sense up here in the PNW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Installed new timing belt and tensioner, got timing on CORRECTLY this time. Main difference between having someone help you that knows what they are doing verses having people help you that doesn't know what they are doing. So much easier.

Plumbed the snorkel and painted the fender. Got impatient with the paint since it was stopping me from mounting and working on the bracket for the top so I applied my second coat too soon and now I have dry lake bed. Going to sand it back down tomorrow and start fresh, though the paint is only temporary it bothers me to see it like that. Then again I don't know, maybe I'll jut wait on it till I paint the whole truck. It will make that project come sooner rather than later that way since it will annoy me looking at it.

Oh yeah, fixed a ground I forgot to put back on.

Got the bumper brackets cut out. First time using a plasma torch, so there was more grinder clean up then I had hoped.

Will hopefully find the time to get the bolt holes drilled, a little welding, and get them mounted by Tuesday.

Need to remember to take my phone with me to the metal shop to take pics.

• Like 1

Bolted everything back on the engine and got it running again. Reworked where I had my wiring so my shroud could fit in and put new radiator in. After 3 trips into town I finally got a hose that will work for the lower radiator hose, just took a little trimming to the hose but came out perfect and smooth.

Mocked the fender back into place and bolted it all back down, cut and bent a new bracket for the snorkel support. It's not pretty right now bit I might end up straightening It a little more before painting

Painted windshield wipers, drilled and rethreaded two bolts that snapped off for the radiator support bracket. Spent more time running into town than actually working bit it all got done somehow.

Took it to my favorite body shop today. It's where I got my fender painted this spring and my rocker panel and door repaired 2 winters ago when my dad crashed it into a snowbank. They told me it would be about $400-$500 to fix quarter panel rust under the fender flare (might do this), told me they can't do repairs on the strut tower for liability reasons (although my rust in there is minimal, just 1 small crack about two inches long on each side) but they recommended a place that might be willing to do the work (I might just have a buddy weld some steel in there and call it good, and I'm scared to go see what the Nissan or Infiniti dealers will say/do about it), and they quoted me about $300 on an undercoating which sounded fair until they told me they don't do any kind of rust proofing, at which point they guy I was talking to was very honest and suggested going elsewhere or doing it myself. Not as productive as I'd hoped but at least I don't have as many worries/questions about my rust situation anymore.

Edit: Also, why isn't this thread pinned? Seems like it should be

Edited by mjotrainbrain

Sounds like you should find a new body shop. Most around here will do all work and love to sell you rustproofing (oil spray is best).

That's what I'm thinking. I have just always liked their work because you can't even tell it was done. I'll be calling around.

Love It! It almost seems like it's me out there (same color, model & WA plates). How do u like the window covers? I've always thought of them as being for smokers but I note a lot of Paths have them & it certainly can make some sense up here in the PNW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love them. Up here it helps with keeping it vented in the rain and summer. Totally worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very slow progress on the bumper. Got the brackets test fit, going to need to slot the holes a bit.

It is hard to get anywhere when you only have about an hour a night to work on it. Seems like most of that time is set up and tear down each night. Using the shop at work so can't leave it out during the day.

Very slow progress on the bumper. Got the brackets test fit, going to need to slot the holes a bit.

It is hard to get anywhere when you only have about an hour a night to work on it. Seems like most of that time is set up and tear down each night. Using the shop at work so can't leave it out during the day.

Are you making one from scratch?

Trying to. We will see how it turns out.

Where are you getting your materials from? I want to build one but I'm not really sure where to buy steel not in bulk

I am getting mine from a local machine/Fab shop. They will sell it whatever size I need. Recently I bought a 3'x3' peice of 1/4" plate. They charge cost of material plus the amount of labor to cut it.

Tried to put gas in my '02 QX4. Fuel filler neck had other plans, got about 3/16 of a tank in before it just started pouring out onto the ground. Called Infiniti and they said I don't qualify for the recall service because it only goes thru 2001, just my luck. :angry: Yippee. It's always something. :headwall:

So that has to be either an injector that's stuck open or is getting an electrical signal full time keeping the injector open... I can't think of anything else that would do that!

Went back in, and upon second inspection noticed something.. the BWD replacement injectors (along with the Hitachi OEM exact duplicates) DONT come with the 3rd of 3 O-rings. There is the ring that seals intake from injector, injector from top of fuel rail, but there wasn't a replacement O-ring for the bottom of the fuel rail leading to the intake port. Not sure if it was because of this missing O-ring or if the injector actually was bad, but the truck ran like a top after doing so. However, the rich condition caused two other things to happen:

IACV is now clogged and truck doesn't like load at idle as a result - just need to degunk it.

Hard cranking starts when the injector was wonky ended up killing the starter... yippee... Haven't ever even considered looking at replacing this part, so it looks like I'm going to the FSM and to the forum archives.

On that last note, is the starter a job I can expect to do myself in a few weeknights after work? Or, should I pony up the $$ and make it a shop's problem. Looking for advice from those with experience.

Clarification on my issue starting - I get the "single-click no-crank" issue, which on a manual can be caused by the starter, the starter solenoid, or the starter relay (and only these things, right?) It started with a very slow crank in a parking lot, followed by half-cranks until the starter stopped responding in another parking lot.