What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Measured my old ford coil springs, measured my new Ford coil springs, and measured my wagoneer leaf Springs. Took pictures of my altima or maxima e fan wiring as well as the relay box. Ordered new reverse drum and will possibly order a quest alternator. Need to study the wiring schematics and figure roof and sound insulation before I repair rust holes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I changed the rear brake pads on the drivers' side since they had worn down to the backing plate, and decided that once I have some money I should maybe think about getting a passenger side rear caliper that isn't stuck on it's slide pin......or fix the original. I took a look at the front pads, I still have about 50% pad life on both sides so I left them there and put the front pads back in the box for next time around.

I also had a most unfortunate weekend of grinding, cleaning and welding which worked out like this: arrived at the cottage Friday night, set up and prepped tools, location, extensions and supplies. I was up at 5am Saturday and scraped, poked and cleaned the frame before I started welding. 30 seconds later no more wire was coming out of the welder. Panic for a second and then opened the hood on the welder: no wire. So i had to drive up to Canadian Tire after I put the truck back together get some welding wire. I came back, set up and pulled the wheel off, cleaned, pulled out the grinder... the grinder died...there aren't any on sale, it's 11:30am and I'm getting a bit irritable. So I took to the rear brake pads and waited for the call that my brake pads were in; whereupon (don't get to use that word very often) I discovered that the slide pin is pretty much frozen and the piston on the drivers' side is sticky from being pushed out so far. A 24" steel pipe and a big flatblade screwdriver took care of the piston after 45 minutes of wiggling and swearing but not even the 9lbs "gentle persuader" could get the slide pin on the right to move. SO back to the main issue: If I had a million dollars...... I would have some brakes that work like a champ; and maybe a new paint job. And I'd be rich.

Looked at 50 cal ammo cans on eBay, looked at the spot where my console box used to be, took a few measurements...

What are thinking? Had similar thoughts about a center console using an ammo can.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lubed all the windows with silicone spray. Hang onto that little straw. Thing blew off on the last window, right into the track and lost forever.

Installed Warne manual hubs. Way easier than I expected, wondered why I hadn't done it sooner. I can already tell a difference in speed and distance coasting. Anxious to see any gas mileage improvement.

• Like 1

Lubed all the windows with silicone spray. Hang onto that little straw. Thing blew off on the last window, right into the track and lost forever.

Installed Warne manual hubs. Way easier than I expected, wondered why I hadn't done it sooner. I can already tell a difference in speed and distance coasting. Anxious to see any gas mileage improvement.

What are thinking? Had similar thoughts about a center console using an ammo can.

I'm thinking of something sort of like what Nissan Nut did, shove the e-brake over/add cup holders and make a new riser for the arm rest/console box, except use the ammo can instead of the rattly plastic bollocks. I'm toying with the idea of making the ammo can removable, buckled down or held in by magnets or something. Might be helpful in an emergency to have road flares/aid/etc in there so I can just grab it and go if needed.

I'll make a thread when I get around to doing something with it. I've got the can already and it'll fit no problem, it's just a matter of making up the rest of the console to go with it.

I'm thinking of something sort of like what Nissan Nut did, shove the e-brake over/add cup holders and make a new riser for the arm rest/console box, except use the ammo can instead of the rattly plastic bollocks. I'm toying with the idea of making the ammo can removable, buckled down or held in by magnets or something. Might be helpful in an emergency to have road flares/aid/etc in there so I can just grab it and go if needed.

I'll make a thread when I get around to doing something with it. I've got the can already and it'll fit no problem, it's just a matter of making up the rest of the console to go with it.

I've had similar thoughts. Always get hung up with the parking brake. Would love to see a thread on this.

Well one step in my patch concerning my oil consumption. Over the weekend found a bunch of oil in the intake tube. Which consumption through the intake is very common with the 3.5l cars. To which they have catch can options available to them. Me? Nah. Just capped the intake tube part. Put a small cone filter breather on the PCV tube that would go to in the intake. Will monitor the filter for excessive oil and see how my oil consumption goes. If need be, Ill do a whole catch can setup. But I'll go the whole Home Depot route with air line filters n stuff.

Any drivability issues? The PCV system is basically a controlled vacuum leak, some cars are super sensitive to it and can cause fuel mileage to drop considerably. Also I assume you aren't in a smog area and you replaced the PCV valve with one with the same flow rate...

So sad and mad. Just when I thought I saw the light at the end of this tunnel...

Good news, I replaced the bushes inside the oil pump.

The ****** news:

20160527_194045.jpg.

20160527_194033.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Had been running "not quite right" the last few times I drove it. Stalled coming to a stop sign a couple of times so I figured I better check it out. Some animal ( probably a cat or coon) had been in the engine compartment and broken the air cleaner off the cold air intake and pulled the hose off the canister for the vacuum advance. A bit of JB Weld and I bet she will be as good as new. Will know tomorrow after epoxy sets and I reinstall. Oh yeah, changed out front marker bulb that had been out for months.... Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!

Finally got my ECU trouble light relocation done thanks to some scrap parts and a thread on Infamous. Would've been easier if I installed the LEDs the right way around the first time but it's done now. Hopefully I don't need to use it any time soon, but if I do have a problem, at least I won't be screwing around under the passenger's seat.

Pathfinders don't have vacuum advance!

I stand corrected! I should have known that, replaced the distributor a few years back. It was actually a vacuum hose going to the throttle body. My new garage has no working lights yet so I couldn't actually trace it out until this morning. Here are a couple of pics to clarify.... Thank you for being so tactful! lol !

IMG_0028_zps2400kwao.jpg

IMG_0027_zpsangwvrno.jpg

Helped out a security vehicle, he had run over a bunch of nails, all four tyres flat. Left the car up on bricks, that's all we could find on the side of the road. He watched in amazement that all four tyres fitted perfectly in the back, with room to spare. Took tyres and security guy to tyre shop to fix them which security company paid for. Also helped my wife jump start her car, flat battery because she hardly drives the thing oh and my left rear brake light was out so fixed that. Phew, all in a days job.

Today i as going out with the Pathy, turn it on, and put reverse gear... The truck did not move... It was stocked... Like it had the hand brake... Try again... And stocked...

So i lift it and notice that the rear pilot side wheel was blocked...

I removed the wheel, and then the drum brake... The shoes were like glued...

I used sand paper to clean the shoes and drum... Reinstall the drum and wheel.... And voilà... Fixed for now...

image_zpsvtnkhi88.jpeg

Noticed that my new diagnostic lights were flashing while I drove, despite me not having put them into a testing mode... time to re-read the testing procedures and see what that's about.

Maybe the wires aren't touching together and that's why they flicker. Like they are just touching then coming off again.

Started a search for cold air intakes on 1996, and found JACK!

Nope and no need. Won't do anything at all really. Run stock but remove the white bellows in the wheel well if you want. Then run a tube from the bottom of the stock box to the front of the truck. Below your turn signals you can cut out that recesses area for the new intake. But watch deep water.