What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

I would go with epoxy since we use it often here in the shop but I have a welder and it's the only thing that will work around here at these temperatures. Besides we are coming up to the holiday season and I hope to be able to get some time to getter done!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

If you don't have access to an heated garage, yeah it can be tricky lol

The epoxy at napa is not a fast curing epoxy so it sucks pretty bad, if you got fast curing epoxy it's way better but keep it mind that epoxy are way harder than an urethane (there are some formulation exception of course) who can lead to cracking on impact and loss of adhesion.

Adam:

lol for the screw.... this is exactly what did the PO on one of the front fender, and this is give a rusted-as-hell-look-but-I-try-to-hide-it :laugh:

If you got 1 or 2 in working unit that you want to sell I'm a buyer!

On the blue 95'

-Still sanding rust spot lol

-in the heated garage for more than a week, nearly totally dry in the truck now, I'm pretty sure that my windshield or sunroof let water go in the truck

- I've rimed a winter tire and.... forgot to have the tire balanced damn.... that i'm stupid lol

Edited by Lemay

Took the front grille off to clean up and repaint. I put it in the shower to clean (which my wife wasn't impressed with lol) going to hang it up on the washing line to paint tomorrow with nice dark grey spray paint. It's actually dark grey fencing paint (Dy Mark ColorBond Monument satin finish) but it was the closest color match I could find and plus I had already done the front park lamps in the same color.

Pouring rain today, but managed to flush coolant, replace overflow bottle, tear out some interior and start figuring out what I need from the JY. called one yard and they have a rear tire carrier for $45! Woohoo

I was courious about the spare tire, so i took it down and I seems that the previous owner never used it...

The tire and the rim are in great condition.... Full of dirt... But in great condition....

image_zpsth74ty0l.jpeg

mickmutante - Gallardo

• Like 2

Got the aftermarket auto-headlights working again... Photocell cable somehow got loose. :shrug:

Also took out the digital volt-meter I'd installed and replaced it with dual USB outlets.

Finally took off my old spotties, they hit the ground with rust particles exploding everywhere. New 20 in led bar should be arriving next couple of days. Vacuumed the front of the air con fins and the crud on the front of the trans cooler is now bug free. Installed new headlight globe too so now both are matching and reinstalled freshly painted grille. Looks like a whole new front end now.

I spent the weeeekend with a chop saw, 120" of 2 1/2"x .125", a 120" of 2"x .125" , a bench grinder, my Lincoln MIG 140, an angle grinder and nothing but trouble with the trucks' back end. Day-yam there is no place to get a MIG gun next to a frame rail. I will not post pictures because I am ashamed of the quality of my welds. They are not attractive.

I finally got her out on the highway for a decent drive. My commute is 10 miles highway/city. Got to drive her out on the highway about 120 miles (round trip) to pick up a Fedex package at a "local" center. The drive was nice, been a while since I've been able to put cruise on and listen to more than 2 songs.

More like, what did my Pathfinder do for me...we just completed a 2500-mile round-trip from Phoenix to Oklahoma City via Fort Worth over the past week with no issues whatsoever. Mileage ranged from 10mpg to 20mpg. The 10mpg was my entire drive home, FW to PHX...25-40mph headwinds 95% of the drive while towing a small trailer. Talk about suck.

I officially hate our transmission...not enough gears, and too sensitive. Had to drive without cruise control the entire drive home to keep the transmission from constantly downshifting under the load (from the wind, the trailer wasn't very heavy). I'm seriously thinking about a V8 swap with better transmission.

But, the truck was a trooper. The highlight of the trip may have been catching a CB conversation where some guy was talking about "rectal bacteria" getting in people's ears when they use their cell phones in the restroom. Interesting!

• Like 3

Got my Ebay LED 20 in bar yesterday and today got the guys at a marine factory to make up a bar mount.

It was a serious piece of equipment, a solid 10mm thick aluminium bar a bit over a couple a feet long.

Offered to throw in a six pk of beer but they said no, so got it for free! Can't wait to get home and see if it all fits.

Put a new headlight switch in the '88 and re-timed it. Was gonna grab a switch from the junkyard but apparently someone felt the need to take every single one out of every single compatible vehicle...

Today I pulled the Warn hubs off my old '98 and the stock hubs from my "new" '03. Then put the Warns on the'03. I could not belive how fast it happend. Everything works perfect on the short drive. I'm looking forward to the long term.

Got my Ebay LED 20 in bar yesterday and today got the guys at a marine factory to make up a bar mount.

It was a serious piece of equipment, a solid 10mm thick aluminium bar a bit over a couple a feet long.

Offered to throw in a six pk of beer but they said no, so got it for free! Can't wait to get home and see if it all fits.

Can you post pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk