What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Got tired of the ABS light being lit on my instrument panel. Ran a diagnostic and found there is an open circuit in the sensor so I removed the front seat, accessed the control unit and snipped the #2 wire which goes from the control unit to the dash. No more light. Easy fix. :)

warmed her up to operating temperature, turned her off and locked the door. Trying to move and saving for a Clutch kit. My clutch is barely hanging on by a thread. Driving the other ride i acquired earlier this year. Every time i get close to having the $ for the clutch kit, front trans seal, rear trans seal, and rear main seal. "figured what the heck while i was in there" the car i drive gets jealous and something breaks on it. SO there goes half of my fund.....sigh......

hopefully i will get moved soon and can just bust out some crazy OT and grab this stuff.

If you guys want i will take as many pictures as i can during the work and try to make something for the garage section.

pat

New alternator ordered and arriving hopefully next Monday. For now I have to put the battery on trickle charge every night. Battery still in good condition so it's accepting a charge. The old alternator which is probably the original was only putting out 0.2 volts. Tested battery at rest 12.7. With engine running 12.9. With lights on 12.45.

Changed my (needless to say overdue) Compression rod bushes... counting my luck finding the sleeve had worn through to the rod but hadn't started wearing the rod itself! All back together and feeling much better.
2015-10-22%2000.06.22_zpssjzof5qs.jpg

2015-10-22%2000.10.10_zpsvlok9s4k.jpg

2015-10-22%2007.34.50_zpsj7ds7pg0.jpg

2015-10-22%2000.10.23_zpsmkrqhmup.jpg

2015-10-22%2007.34.19_zpsxoqbi3gt.jpg

Got her ready for winter. Washed, undercoated and rocker panels bedlined after 30 years of gravel and dust stripping the paint.

Fixed the leaky washer reservoir, replaced the fan clutch and checked the antifreeze protection. Hopefully I can spoil her a bit more before the snow flies and get the ball joints and CV shafts replaced, along with a hub and bearing service.

Discovered that the tension adjustment bolt had apparently became loose and then fell out of my alternator bracket...thus the belt became loose and floppy...and noisy...sigh. I need to replace the tension bolt now.

As I drove it to work sounding like a tractor with no muffler, I debated going back to the manifolds/crossover pipe setup over new headers. Headers are on back order and I can't stand the god damn leaks.

Checked the low fuel warning lamp. Grounding it works. Also there's continuity between the cluster connector and the rear trunk connector.There's no continuity nor resistance to the fuel tank gauge connector. Need to check if the low warning switch exists there :/

Replaced a blown switch for my rock lights under the truck. Fixed my backup rear view cam as the wires from the license plate mount had got cut. Took it for tire rotation and alignment today as well. Now she just needs a thorough wash inside and out.

Also, there is a low washer level warning in the mask and the lamp works. But there's no switch in the washer tank. I know it's kind of a silly warning lamp, but if it is in the mask, it should have the switch. I hate to have that unused space there. Todo: put a low washer level switch.

Well, be home on the 24th and go wheelin with us at Tahuya!

crud crud crud... darn it I would have been in for a run if I could have been home. Started new runs with Do it Best store's. We be home on Sundays every week now. I might be able to get in a run soon. I'm sure that the old girl has it in her. We might need oars though with all the rain this week. LOL. Thx for the invite though.