What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Today I replaced my compression/strut rod bushings with Energy Suspension poly ones. The moog ones I put on a few years ago (with less than 5K miles on them) were cracking and fairly trashed due to the elongated holes on the frame. I welded in the thickest washers I could find to patch the holes, and ground what was left of the drivers side cup off, as it was shot. Welded a timken lm67010 bearing cup on in its place. The passenger side cup was still in good shape, so I left it.

Also scheduled an alignment on for Friday morning. Gotta love that lifetime alignment at Firestone. :) Debating cranking my t-bars a bit more, or downgrading my rear springs. I don't have a ton of clearance between the UCA bump stops as is, so will probably track down some JGC coils this week. Those 3" AC coils just give too much lift, my truck has way too much rake right now.

• Like 1

Installed a battery maintainer.

What brand and what does it do?

KJ

Schumacher picked it up on sale. They maintain the charge level of a battery over extended periods of time or through cold weather. They can also recharge low (not dead) batteries.

EDIT: A little over $22 when I bought it and many good reviews, figured I'd give it a shot :aok:

Some reviewers say that it draws power from the battery when not plugged in, if this is the case I will install a quick disconnect, a switch or something, not a big deal.

;)

• Like 1

So anyway... spring has come to Ontario, I found some dry pavement on the way home tonight , gave it some gas...got some rubber from both rears but I don't have a LSD. Does anyone know about '03 rears? In snow only one will turn but on pavement straight both will hook? My old truck has LSD and works alot differant.

Today I replaced my AC 3" rear coils with some ones out of the front of a 1995 JGC limited. The ones from the JGC measured .56", and had a bit more than 8 coils with the pig tails cut off. This is versus the AC coils, which measure @ .64" and have 9 coils.

My rough measurements (hard to be accurate on a sand and gravel driveway) was I lost about 3.5" of rear lift, and brought me roughly level with the cranked to the max front end. I lowered the front by about a quarter of an inch, and will do final adjustments on the concrete @ school tomorrow.

I would say that the rear end is @ stock height, but I think my eyes are playing tricks on me. My panhard rod has one of GrandpaX's 3" panhard drop brackets on it, and is now sitting damn near level. With the AC springs on it still had quite a bit of an incline to it.

Not sure how to feel about it, I didn't expect to lose SO much rear lift, but the truck actually sits like it should now, and it gives me more UCA to bumpstop clearance in the front end.

• Like 1

Replaced my passenger side outer tie rod, upper ball joint, and rebuilt the idler arm and added my custom built idler arm brace from the old rig. That should take care of the loose front end..

Drove it a bit today and decided I wasn't happy with the JGC springs. The panhard rod was higher on the drivers side once I got parked on some level concrete. Probably means I got 1.5-2"-ish inches out of the JGC springs, since my panhard is dropped 3 inches on the frame/passenger side. As far as why I got so little out of the JGC springs, either they are higher-mileage (the odo was ripped out of the donor, so I don't know for sure) and sagging, or the weight of my tire carrier & hi-lift was too much weight on it.

Got home, and cut one coil off of my AC 3" springs. With that removed they were actually very close to the length of the JGC springs. Got them installed and I'm much happier with the ride height. Cranked the T-bars up a bit, and now a level of rake within tolerance. I'll make sure the front is level tomorrow @ school.

Edited by Harbinger

Today I leveled out my t-bars. Getting an alignment tomorrow.

Also trimmed my front flares and fenders. Cut a straight line from just below the headlight to the inner fender. Also cut rectangles out of the front sheet metal. Once that was done I started mocking up my new bumper out of cardboard.

I like what you've done here. Did you record the process for a DIY of these installs? I'd love to add a 12V to my trunk and illuminate the rear passenger one. I want my pathfinder to look like a space ship, the more LEDs the better haha

Late reply. Sorry.

I've got some images, I'm gonna get them and write it up.

Finally decided to tackle the only rust on my truck - the battery tray and the area right around it.

Tried one of the rust converter products, and it seems to have worked as advertised. All the places it was bubbling and scaling are now solid again.. Top coated it with bedliner and just waiting for it to dry.