What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Removed the stereo to send it off for warranty. Only 4 months old. I had an older same brand stereo do the same thing this one did. No bumps for a few weeks... guess it's time to pull the Jeep out of the garage.

Found out what was making it run like crap after doing the plugs, wires, and distibutor stuff. The bleep bleep bleeping vacuum line that is back there by the number 6 plug. And all of this after the 8 inches of snow is now fully melted.

Finally found a lego wheel at the junk yard to mount my spare tire on the back with. 40$

Even got the center cap so that i can rep the nissan logo on the back haha.

Also got a 30 inch piece of 2" x 3" - 3/16" wall square tube to build my mid crossmember modification to clear my driveshaft properly with 7 inches of rear lift. Well post pics of what I come up with!

• Like 1

Got my lego wheel mounted up on my spare 33 today. Had to space it out with a couple washers and grind down a bit of my tire carrier release mechanism bracket but she fits! Looks so much better with the tire tucked right up against the truck and not sticking out like 4 inches away from it. Might even help my highway mileage a bit too!

Also got my slow leak in my tire patched. Pin hole leak at the corner of the tire.

Tightened up a brake line that I noticed was leaking a bit from where I swapped my calipers a while back.

On another note... Kats truck just started puffing blue smoke! Went from consuming no oil to consuming a quart over 50 km highway trip! Her beautiful vg33 swap is sure not feeling too good right now. I have no idea what could have caused such a sudden consumption of oil but we are going out to do a wet and dry compression test to see if it's the valves or the rings.... please please please be the valves.... we did the swap about 50 K ago so I find it strange that all of the sudden it pushes blue

Edited by Nefarious

Well now I'm at a loss... just checked compression on her vg33. 178-188 psi across all cylinders with a dry test. Didn't even bother with wet since all cylinders are within spec as is it. Full tune up is done, new oem hoses (oil / coolant / vacuum), Pcv brand new. All cylinders check out near perfect. Thing runs like a dream and has tons of power.

I think it's time to take this thing into nissan and get a diagnosis. First time I've ever had to bring a vehicle in to the mechanic, but I'm totally stumped. ..