What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

But that would not be right either :lol: Remember that both sizes came stock on SE's So there is no "non-SE" size. ;) So perhaps "Standard" size? With the 31's being "Optional" or "31's" haha

One standard SE tires size was no more a rule that almost any other "option" on these trucks.

Your right CO_pathfinder, we have been over this before, many times over many years. and with very few exceptions, there are no rules for differences between X and S E's ;)

There is one rule I can think of: one has an X, the other has an S :lol:

In other words, my brake pedal felt EXTREMELY mushy today, so I checked the brake fluid resevoir when I was filling up and IT WAS EMPTY :blink:

It was low, but not empty, a few days ago when I checked it out to try to solve that Brake light issue. I guess I must have a leak somewhere :( Won't be able to find out where until it stops snowing though... For now I just added a whole bottle of DOT 3, we'll see how long that lasts

If the pedal was mushy then adding fluid is not enough, even temporarily... you must bleed the system before you find that you have no brakes or not enough brakes when you need them!

How about rinky dink too small size :lol:

:aok:

My brake leak ended up being the MC. There was a small hole drilled through the side, I assume to make a passage inside, and the best way they could come up with to seal the entry hole was to hammer a little ball bearing into it. I suspect the bugger had corroded between the steel and the aluminum and given the fluid a way out. (The new MC didn't have a hole there, so apparently they found a better way to machine that passage.)

I recently talked with a machinist who said he was working on a newer engine (Ford IIRC) where the oil passages were sealed off with driven-in bearing balls. He said the only way to get the balls out was to grind a flat spot on the ball to get past the case hardening, drill a hole, tap it, and then hook up a slide hammer. He had a lot of them to do on that motor and he was less than happy about it!

ITS GONE. THE BRAKE LIGHT IS GONE. To those who said to add brake fluid, you were right. There is a small sensor at the bottom of the brake fluid resevoir that senses when your brake fluid is below the "Min" line.

well I didn't say it for no reason! Lol. Yeah that brake Mc switch is called a 'limit switch'. It's just a safety to let you know when you are getting low. :)

ITS GONE. THE BRAKE LIGHT IS GONE. To those who said to add brake fluid, you were right. There is a small sensor at the bottom of the brake fluid resevoir that senses when your brake fluid is below the "Min" line.

Lessen learned?

Maybe, next time just take the minute it takes to go out, pop the hood and look, when someone suggests something simple? :togo:

;)

So where's the leak and how long did it take to fix it? :tongue:

Replaced the LH power window/lock switch. Old one stopped unlocking doors and the RH power window lockout was always enabled.

Quickest update that I've done on my truck.

It's in the driveway go have a look :D

Have not done anything worthy of a pic in way to long (needs some welding done before wheeling again), last few weeks it's been in the driveway during the week and moving heavy loads on weekends :shrug:

I parked it in the back and converted it to my portable stereo (all doors and hatch open with music blasting), so i could start stripping my 240sx down to the chassis. Gotta love deep cycle batteries!

In other news, I managed to get the fenders and bumper and all the front components out of my 240 in one day. Now I'm ready to begin the rust repair as well as fit the front mount intercooler and then fit the front lip to the bumper and trim the bumper to fit the intercooler. Also have to pull the oil pan to fit the turbo oil return drain, that will be fun (sigh). Lol

I managed to repair the rear tail light/stop lamp combo thingy. I picked up a 3 wire socket from the local NAPA to replace the nasty one. I did figure out the the stop lamp wire is green with a yellow stripe. Since the socket only had one black on one side and the red on the 'hook' side I just guessed and tried it out. Wrong! I had wired the black socket wire to the stop lamp. So a minor wire swap later I brought the light assembly inside and siliconed all three of the lamp sockets and the electrical connection.

20eca7958c636be8f839623ca20faa78.jpg

26a1aca405b2141750e564401aaa8af4.jpg

c34457864268a310a2e6a17cfc88357e.jpg