What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

No, since the War (of 1812) I'm still North of the border...across the St. Lawrence River from Morristown, New York. If I go to the river, I can see you guys moving around over there on the other side very suspisiouly. Thanks to NPORA making friends across borders. but back to topic...

Today I put on my roof racks and picked up four sheets of 5/8" ply and some 2X4s at Home Depot for work. Took a tall guy with me to load it. Still enjoying the SES light being gone. Also chopped out all the ice around my rear hatch that was keeping the door ajar light on. So now I just have the "D" light and either the 2 or 4 wheel light on. Finely the dash lights are back to normal.

Finally the dash lights are back to normal.

I spent 13 hours this last weekend searching for the short casuing my E-brake light to stay on. Unless its some super diagnostic telling me that my brakes are bad (duh), I don't think that I'll ever find it :(

I have the same problem with my parking brake. I tried a couple other things to get it off but now I don't really care.

Right? I'll just wait for the bulb to burn out. But I will check my brake fluid level first, might have something to do with it

Is there slack in the e-brake cables or is it actualy on? Brake fluid has nothing to do with the e-brake. I have no idea about the switch on a '91 but if it's like most door switches, etc. the switch provides ground not power. So maybe the switch is bad and providing partial ground. Full ground when you do engage it (why it gets brighter)? I bet you could pull the bulb in under 13 hours! I did spend almost a day changing a shifter light bulb a while back though...Remove something, have beer, repete as needed.

Ebrake properly ajusted..Check. Brake fluid is not related. Check.

Some such switches suppy ground not supply power, Do you know what I mean? I take it you have a standard...I have always driven autos, in 35 years I've never used the ebrake. Just out of curiousity where is your light...dash or console?

Ordered parts for the old girl. All new ball joints, all new wheel bearings and seals, as well as moog problem solver inner tie rods and new 2wd center link and 4wd inner tie rods. Just need to source some diff drop bushings and superlift/rough country control arms and the front end of this truck is 100% complete.

Pulled the spare tire carrier off the 94, spent about 45 minutes trying to drive the pins out (yes I ground the one end off)

When I did my 88 a couple of years ago the whole thing only took about an hour (sure love Calif cars) the 94 slowly migrated from the midwest to Idaho where I bought it 4 years ago.

Soaking it with PB Blaster and will try again tomorrow might have to break out the torch on this one

Started to tackle the horrible rear brakes on the new path. One rotor was rusted right out so badly that the pad had no clean surface to bind to and the other side had grooves on both sides of the rotor and very little pad left. Both rotors were very ugly in two distinct ways so I swapped the rear rotors from my parts truck over and got some new brake pads. Realized the slide pins are seized on the right rear caliper so I can't fit the new pads over the rotor even with the piston compressed all the way.

That's where I got to so far, next step tomorrow morning is to swap the right rear caliper over from my parts truck and bleed the system all around. Hopefully my braking woes will be over after all of this!

I turn rotors and drums all the time. :lol: I need to do the rear brakes on mine. I heard the squealers make contact today. One thing I can appreciate about my Pathfinder and my old one is I've never had a brake shake or pad squeak. But I guess that part has more to do with pad quality than anything.

I washed it. I need to wax off some weird sticky tar stuff that's stuck to the lower part of the doors.

I asked about getting them turned here and both places I went to said don't bother because i can buy new ones for the same cost as the labour to machine them. Although how much work is it to measure and throw it on a lathe.

Yeah i usually have mine turned, but the ones on my parts truck were just turned about 5k ago and are in perfect shape. They are not so cheap in my neck of the woods. The joys of living on an island!

How much are they for you? I can get white box ones for 24 dollars a piece. Ones I have now i think i bought at crap tire for a little more. They were Wagners though.

I asked about getting them turned here and both places I went to said don't bother because i can buy new ones for the same cost as the labour to machine them. Although how much work is it to measure and throw it on a lathe.

Depends. Some are slip off rotors and some aren't like ours. But we have an on the car brake lathe that turns rotors in one pass, sometimes two if the warp is really bad. About 5 mins a corner. Pretty slick little machine. The regular brake lathe is slowwwwww.

Edited by Kingman

Ebrake properly ajusted..Check. Brake fluid is not related. Check.

Some such switches suppy ground not supply power, Do you know what I mean? I take it you have a standard...I have always driven autos, in 35 years I've never used the ebrake. Just out of curiousity where is your light...dash or console?

Dash

Drove the 42nd Traverse which is a 46km trail in the central north island of New Zealand through the Tongariro mountain area (Mordor) on the weekend.
Was a great time but ended up bending the inner tie rods of my 2WD steering setup, luckily my mate lived close with a trailer and across the road from a wreckers where we managed to get some straight ones to get me home.
1508208_10152764652395415_5276022871663510891734_10152764652935415_8733858454642

10995948_10152764649365415_7601439589179

Holy crap that must have been some trail! I have been wheeling on my 2wd setup for years with no issues; although it's typically more logging roads and washout around here, not so much hard core rough terrain. Have you tried the moog problem solver inner tie rods? They are quite a bit thicker than stock, I doubt you could bend one of those. The shaft is around 19 - 20 mm diameter!