What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Today I managed to locate a lego wheel to act as my future full-size matching spare and got my dying alternator swapped out with a 90A '93 Maxima alternator. Had to take it down to a local shop to get the pulley swapped, but that was no big deal. Getting the top bolts for the alternator on the other hand... That really isn't a one person job when you work from the driveway.

I've kind of been slacking on forum posts though, as have done a lot of lurking to get jobs done over the past few months. I cleaned her up real well getting the crud in the door jambs and hidden under the sun roof, and even managed to get my little sunroof shade thing put back up where one of it's mounts fell off the glass of the sunroof. I did the timing belt/waterpump/thermostat/coolant bypass hose job a few months back, and also did the headlight relay harness swap. I even went and got the exhaust mounted back up so it doesn't rattle as it sagging lays on the transmission crossmember. I even managed somehow to find the correct set of manual hubs from a wrecked hardbody without even knowing to count the splines and got those installed. Heck, actually I feel pretty happy looking back now... I feel less like I neglect the poor car and more like I kind of care. One day I might even get around to finishing with my LED light bar and alley light project. Too bad I dislike tearing all ther interior out to do the wiring so much. If I could complete that and finish my dream of finding a winch bumper without so much hassle I'd be set! I should probably just start searching for welders in the area.

Jacked up the rear and took the wheels off. Drooped the rear axle down and detached the shocks, panhard bar and sway bar in preparation for lift springs 7 inches of pure suspension lift is almost complete.

I'm starting to think about trying coilovers in the front with a set of superlift upper control arms :) would love to ditch the torsion bars.

A little late on this one but DOOOOOOO ITT

I fueled the old girl up, and dumped a can of seafoam in the tank. If my trip odometer isn't lying to me, I'm getting just barely over 20mpg! Most of my driving is in 5th gear on the freeway though.

Got home and swapped my tachometer out for one that I grabbed from the J/Y last weekend. The new one was out of a 1996 D21, and was missing the cutout for the clock. So I swapped the covers, hoping I didn't screw up the needle alignment. Currently shows just under 1K rpms @ idle. The key thing is that it actually rises and falls with the engine, instead of jumping all over the place like my old one. Unfortunately broke the clear plastic cover to the gauge cluster during the process too, so back to the junkyard for me this weekend!

Got my new switches from Summit, but need to drill out my switch panel for the larger switch bodies.

Outside of that, my headers are en route, my new O2 sensor is back ordered, and I have a new Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, and matching catalytic converter waiting patiently to be installed, once I find a source for 2.5" stainless 16ga tubing.

2.5" is starting to get to the point of too much for a Pathfinder, you'll start losing scavenging effects and HP. 2.25" is what I've heard a lot of people going with

Meh, I already have the 2.5" muffler and converter. Figuring I would just keep it all the same size as the Thorley exit tube. Will probably be just fine, especially if I ever get around to that 3.3 swap. :)

Meh, I already have the 2.5" muffler and converter. Figuring I would just keep it all the same size as the Thorley exit tube. Will probably be just fine, especially if I ever get around to that 3.3 swap. :)

Psshh. I just realized that since I just had emissions done, I'm just going to cut my cat out to try to get a mpg or 2. 3.3 swap, I approve

2.5" isn't necessarily too big, just leaves some good room to grow. For forced induction it is actually too small. 3" for turbo VGs is the minimum. Boost response with a full 3" system compared to a 2.5" is stellar.

Is Harbringer boosted?! In that case yea, boost response would be vastly improved with a 3" compared to a 2.5" .. I was just saying that for the NA Pathfinder, you begin to lose scavenging effects for any after-header diameter greater than 2.25". These effects are negligible up until 2.5", where horsepower loss may be noticed.

I totally agree with you on the boost thing though. My buddy has an 05 Sti, twinned, and we managed to squeeze a 5" downpipe off of the turbos (don't ask how lol, it was a miracle) and the spool point moved from like 3200 rpm to like 2600.

Is Harbringer boosted?! In that case yea, boost response would be vastly improved with a 3" compared to a 2.5" .. I was just saying that for the NA Pathfinder, you begin to lose scavenging effects for any after-header diameter greater than 2.25". These effects are negligible up until 2.5", where horsepower loss may be noticed.

I totally agree with you on the boost thing though. My buddy has an 05 Sti, twinned, and we managed to squeeze a 5" downpipe off of the turbos (don't ask how lol, it was a miracle) and the spool point moved from like 3200 rpm to like 2600.

wow! My 15 ltr 525 horse cummins powered semi truck has a lot bigger turbo than 5.0 mustang. & We're using a 5 inch system through out. Hard seeing that size pipe fitting.

Installed a filter charger :) Yay! Sounds great, power seems to be up a little, really good engine response. Total cost like $38 for 3" adapter and Spectre cone air filter from O'Reilly Auto parts.

Question, the MAF adapter has a port for the installation of pcv valve, should I take advantage of this? Is there any benefit to moving the pcv from it's stock location into the air intake tube?

20150207_180848_zpsee8luwrb.jpg

Replaced the front brake calipers and pads with the ones from my parts truck. Man I love speed bleeders, literally makes caliper changes a 20 minute, one man job.

Also had some looseness in the front end and some clunking so I inspected it and found that my trailmaster lift radius arm brackets were loose. (The 3/4" bolt that replaces the stock radius arm was loose). So i got a 1 1/8th inch wrench and tightened them up. Torque spec is 270 lb ft of torque so I got them as tight as I possibly could with my 1 foot crescent wrench. Probably more like 200 lb ft, but I'll lock tite them if they come loose again.

truck is starting to ride real nice now!

just need to replace my ball joints and swap in the 2wd swap/idler arm brace from my old truck and get some superlift ucas and the front end lifted IFS setup is 100% complete with 7" of lift and a proper alignment :)

Edited by Nefarious

wow! My 15 ltr 525 horse cummins powered semi truck has a lot bigger turbo than 5.0 mustang. & We're using a 5 inch system through out. Hard seeing that size pipe fitting.

Not sure where ya got mustang, its a Subie :D

It really is a sight to see. I'm pretty sure that we ended up relocating his power steering pump, along with just about everything else. Took us like 3 months to do as well. Its a 5" downpipe to the cross over, and then 3" from the y-pipe to the rear end

I still need to order the new shocks and t-bars, but this place will install them. (They checked with one of their suppliers, and they wanted twice the price I found online for the Bilstein 4600s - but have no issues with me providing them.)

Why new T-Bars?

Not sure where ya got mustang, its a Subie :D

It really is a sight to see. I'm pretty sure that we ended up relocating his power steering pump, along with just about everything else. Took us like 3 months to do as well. Its a 5" downpipe to the cross over, and then 3" from the y-pipe to the rear end

sorry for the mistake, I was thinking of the (sti) mustang 5.0 it's a model like the Saleen mustang. So yeah I would agree that it would have taken a bit of modification to getthat sset up in a subie. I'm impressed. Pictures?

Ha, I wish I was boosted!

Ha, I wish I was boosted!

Don't we all :/

sorry for the mistake, I was thinking of the (sti) mustang 5.0 it's a model like the Saleen mustang. So yeah I would agree that it would have taken a bit of modification to getthat sset up in a subie. I'm impressed. Pictures?

The only mustang I like is the Saleen Edition. Theres a guy in my neighborhood with a yellow/white one, have yet to track him down. I'll throw some pictures up when I go home in April

Got artsy in my hunt for a worthy TOTM photo. Here's the best of the ones that I didn't choose. Ironically, and intentionally, I matched the paint code with the shooting location: "Vail White," meet Vail, Colorado.

x5v86h.jpg

Here's in front of one of the many lakes in Vail. Frozen over and for once, not windy.

34t7m88.jpg

This was one of those "OOOHH THAT LOOKS LIKE A FUN TRAIL" pictures. This was at a trailhead in Vail, the bridge was made in 1890, so I just casually slant parked it.

Drove it, and discovered that the radio and CB are dead. Radio has power from the hot lead, but no switched power. Pretty sure that when I installed both years ago I powered both the radio and CB from the same switched power and also fairly confident that I put a second fuse in, behind them. The main fuse it good, got to get in behind them when I have some time..... time :rofl::unsure:

Fixed them. New fuse for the CB and cleaned up the ground on the radio.

For some reason I was thinking Mustang as well.

Edited by kdj