What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Ok things are sliding way off topic, lets get back on the topic of "What did you do to your Pathfinder today?" :togo:

Take the further discussion of ECM tuning, beyond the "I installed a modded unit today" to the existing thread on it and debates about air and engine cleanliness to PM's or another thread, such as the off topic section for non-Pathfinders :beer:

Alternator packed it in, rang quite a few places to source one. Terrano alternators for my engine are pretty rare it seems, Nissan dealer quoted $866 import from Japan and that's if they are still in stock. Finally sourced one in Bunbury for $300 2nd hand so a 100 km trip to pick it up. They took pity on me and sold it for $200 so that was a bonus!

I honestly don't know how or when but it definitely progressed to un-driveable possibly from a small stress crack starting out or maybe was defective from the manufacturer. :wacko: Just glad I was able to get it to a shop a couple blocks away and fixed immediately. BIG BEAR tomorrow!!

Got t-boned in it...these things are tanks. Though she will need repairs.

No injuries I hope? Vehicle accidents are never fun.. Hope you are okay!

On another note, I ordered some silicone couplers today to build my custom intake. Going to be running the vg33e intake manifold and throttle body, 2.75" pipe for the intake to match the throttle body, 2.75 to 3 inch couplers to adapt the N60 maf(inside diameter of the maf is actually near 2.75" when the center element restriction is taken into account), and then replacing the current 2" snorkel pipe with 2.75" snorkel pipe. I'll definitely post pics of the setup once the parts show up!

I also took some measurements for a sleeve that I need to machine to finish my custom throttle body setup.

I'm fine and it was drivable last night. But this morning it would not start. It was making a horrible noise from the alty last night. The alignment is screwed and so is one of my rims.

Jeez. Must have been quite the impact to bend a rim, steering and cause damage in the engine bay. Glad you are okay man!

Thanks, I don't see anything wrong under the hood, but I could hear the alty whining really loudly and i could smell a burning smell last night. This was probably a few hours after the hit. I got hit right in the right front tire. My friends brother is a mechanic and he looked last night and said it looks like the LCA and one of the tie rods is bent. But we won't know till it gets on a rack...I need to find out if the alty farked off because of the hit or just a ****** coincidence.

Finally put on the PowerStop rotors to match the Z36 pads. Adjusted the rear brakes. Oh man the rears were loose. Completely tightened up the peddle just from that, and the parking brake barely makes it two clicks now. Used to go up half way!

Braking as whole is 100% better. More solid pedal and can be linear with the brakes now too. I am very impressed. Now its justifying the cost for better rear pads. The ones from Porterfield.

Sent from my Moto X