What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Put a valve cover grommet behind the passenger side door switch. Needed something hard but rubber coated to space it out so the light wouldn't keep flickering and not scratch the paint at the same time. Cleaned the interior too and buffed out a scratch from one end of the truck to the other as best I could. Noticed it this morning.

Late reply.... my cancer isn't bad enough in the common "bad spots" to warrant the time or money for a frame-swap resto, but there certainly is some amount of rust. For the most part, its just surface stuff that still has blackish metal beneath.. but thank you for the link!

:doh: Yea..... I may have said that, but I do what I can as preventative measures. I've got a sandblast and frame dip undercoat scheduled for next month, just before snow is expected to fall. As far as I have been able to see when my truck was recently on a lift, the rust is manageable and this truck will run its life to 300k as expected.. until then, I will spend whatever money I have on this truck and others, because cars are my passion :D

They sandblast and dip with the body and stuff still assembled. Its a pretty cool process. They tape and bag cover all rubber boots and bushings, any hoses or radiators, and intakes/ports, then they sandblast the poo out of everything, high pressure air everything to remove the sand, then rebag and dip. They'll have my truck for about a week, but I used to work at the place so I get uber discount

EDIT: Further clarification: by leaving the frame attached to the truck, everything that has potential to let rust begin (e-brake cable, loose bolts/ stripped threads, etc) is covered and sealed.

Edited by CO_pathfinder

Finally got my transmission cooler plumbed and wired up. New trans fluid, filter and pan gasket. Replaced diff oil and transfer case oil. Getting all dialed in for early October trip!

Debated with myself to drive it or titan, wife decided it for me, pathfinder did not win debate, I guess we're going shopping for the house at Costco and need the extra space under the canopy shell. I guess that's what makes us human beings.... :)

I passed emissions inspection....the second time. :)

First time everything was perfect except NOX was 11 points over the max at 15mph which failed and it barely pass NOX at 40 points under the max allowed at 25MPH on the dyno test.

SO I popped the hood checked the timing which I hadnt done in a long time. It was at 21/22 BTDC. So I reset it to 15BTDC like it should be and re tested it. The NOX dropped 600 and 680 points and passed. As a side benefit I got more life and response from my engine I hadnt noticed had gone away :)

I took my own advice I hand out here so much...check your timing!!! :bounce:

Hopefully I added the right juice to the right components... I've got an automatic with the manual t-case. Did the diffs, t-case and trans.

Ha. Hahaha, my bad! CLEARLY it's an automatic because there's a pic of ATF... :doh: