What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

yelled nasty words at it because my door lock is failing and it kept locking everytime I tried to open the door. I was on the inside and couldn't get out!

Lol she just loves you. Is her name Christine?

Found the CAS might be bad. I get 3 injector/spark pulses on a full distributor rotation. I put the distributor in one tooth off, intentionally, and it started and ran on 3. Kinda sounded like a retarded Harley. Wiring between the CAS and ECU is perfect so I know there's no disconnect on signals. Weird that one tooth incorrect made it fire, but I'm going to try another sensor and see what happens. :shrug: That's the most I've gotten it to do in a year!

Finally got to fix my headlight.

20140616_132052-1_zpsnxmbwv6e.jpg

My passenger side headlight and marker were shattered and the little plastic clips for the headlight were broken off. Finally had some good weather to go to the junkyard today and get some replacements.

When I got T-boned directly in the RR tire/wheel several weeks ago, I finally found out the hub got slightly bent so I ordered a new axle through Rob but it needed to come directly from Japan. He told me that it could take many weeks for it to come in but he PM'd me today and he shipped it (only 9 days from ordering)! It may make it here by Saturday so depending on the weather I may swap them out this weekend. Awesome!

(to be continued....)

Ipulled out the angle grinder and spent three hours last night cutting off a 1/2" flange from the forward end of the cat. to get a solid connection from the headers back. I'm now unsure of whether the truck is idling or not....it's too quiet.

sent from under Ernest the Pathfinder

When I got T-boned directly in the RR tire/wheel several weeks ago, I finally found out the hub got slightly bent so I ordered a new axle through Rob but it needed to come directly from Japan. He told me that it could take many weeks for it to come in but he PM'd me today and he shipped it (only 9 days from ordering)! It may make it here by Saturday so depending on the weather I may swap them out this weekend. Awesome!

(to be continued....)

Where I am, without Rob, my terrano would be in a scrapyard today.

Rebuilt and re installed my starter yesterday.

Philippe.

Discovered a mouse nest in the underhood insulation, mouse lice all over the outside of the truck, and live mice sitting around the battery and the parking lights watching me.

It's been parked for less than a week.

Anyone got some bull snakes you're not using?

• Like 1

replaced the passenger side brake caliper and mounting bracket cause both slide pins were seized. Truck stopped fine but only the inner pad was worn. Not a mark on the outer LOL

Today I swapped the standard dome light for 15 LEDs. Stupid bright! Lights up the inside even in broad daylight.

20140620_143904_zpspd9whou6.jpg

20140620_144320_zpscpjjbon6.jpg

Laugh all you want about the white paint, but it even further brightens the light.

20140620_151136_zpsudjkj7db.jpg

20140620_153351_zpsrrdm4eid.jpg

20140620_153449_zpsda32z0ep.jpg

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

Next is doing the cargo light and adding some under the dash for footwell lightinf and maybe in the doors somewhere.

B) , :D

Last night I washed it.

Ph.

If you're looking for places to put LEDs, I put a crazy bright panel under my hood, wired to the alarm switch. It was originally for my dome light, but it just about fried my retinas when I'd open a door at night, so I swapped it for a warm-white panel about half its size. The warm white is about on par with the original bulb, and the bright white panel makes jumpstarting somebody else's car at night really easy.

Today I swapped the standard dome light for 15 LEDs. Stupid bright! Lights up the inside even in broad daylight.

20140620_143904_zpspd9whou6.jpg

20140620_144320_zpscpjjbon6.jpg

Laugh all you want about the white paint, but it even further brightens the light.

20140620_151136_zpsudjkj7db.jpg

20140620_153351_zpsrrdm4eid.jpg

20140620_153449_zpsda32z0ep.jpg

Wow, makes the interior look good too!

I put 1.21 gallons in the tank...

B

Did the rear cargo light. I thought I had a bunch of under dash light housings from Z31s but I can't find them. Maybe I'll pull a few from Pathfinders and see which ones I can fit the most LEDs in.

20140621_114504_zpsqlrwsopn.jpg

In Australia we have those interior led bulbs that fit into the little clippy bits instead of having to fiddle about soldering wires, I put one in mine that only has 6 leds but yeah it's heaps brighter than standard globes.

Ha. We actually have those here too, can even get retrofit ones that plug in like a standard tail light bulb. However for $8-11 (free shipping usually) for 15 meters of the things in any color you want, the novelty of plug and play goes away. :aok: