What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

did the maxima alternator swap today, man what a pain in the butt. first the old alternator won't come out (yes i made sure all the bolts were out) so i beat the piss out of it until it did come out to find there was a broken bolt in the back side of the bracket and that's why it was a pain to get out. so i take the ac compressor off to take the bracket off, take it to my work to try and figure something out with it, ended up heating it and it spun right out. i get home put the bracket, ac condenser, and alternator on everything fit just fine until i went to put the belt on... it was too short by the length of the pulley lip so back to work i go to get a longer belt... i get it home and put on and... crap it's too long... so then after some calling around i found out that a masterpro 7368 belt (or anything the same length) doesn't exist, so after much fighting and some more help from a co worker i decided to drop the alternator back down, run the belt and bolt it back in place, everything looks good and cleaned up i go to start it and a horrid whistling sound comes from the engine. there's a small hole in the accordion pipe. it's no big deal but i know what's next on my list of things to fix. it ended up taking me about 8 hours to get done such a pain but i'm glad i did it so now no more unplugging the battery whenever i stop for more than a half hour.

it was well worth it because now i also have a 90 amp alternator and it was cheaper than buying the one for the path.

Tightened the console to stop its rattling, and wished I could make the POS Sony headunit quit beeping when I turn the ignition off.

on most of the pos sony's you can go to menu scroll down to to beep or something like that to turn it off some can be down with the remote, also you can get rid of it showing you what all it can do

Finally got around to breaking out the cutting wheel and welder and finished modding the push/brush guard for a caR50 to fit the WD21. I picked it up for 25 bucks a couple of months ago and figured I could adapt it to work well.

I know this pic makes it look like it sticks out too far at the corners but it really doesn't stick out any further than the Manik tail light guards. Just have to fab up some brackets to tie it all into the existing bumper brackets for it to be winch worthy...

2014-04-19115641_zpsb8f354b0.jpg

I finally decided to re-attach the transfer case leather boot to the e-brake / transmission console, clean the beast out after moving last month and apply some anti-rust gloss black to the rocker panels and spare tire rack. I was also sufficiently annoyed with the rest of the glue from the "For Sale" sign being stuck on the windows that I took intake cleaner to it and removed it. Aaaaannnddd then I cleaned up the hack-job trailer wiring! Ahhh, now I can relax for the weekend.

sent from under Ernest the Pathfinder

It's been a busy couple days...

Replaced the sun-baked factory nerf bars with new ones from Westin.

Replaced the sun-faded mirrors and cracked door handles with new to me set of JY mirrors and door handles.

Installed a new head unit, new amp, new speakers, and a whole bunch of sound dampening material.. (Only the front speakers are working now, so that will give me something to do tomorrow...) :blush:

Removed the factory VSS (since it didn't have passive arming or remote entry) in prep for a new alarm sometime later.

WhiteOwl got a bath today, some of my fishing equipment loaded in, and a couple counter clockwise turns on the bolts coming off the Y-pipe into the exhaust for a temporary reminder of who will have the last laugh (didn't want to fumigate myself completely removing the exhaust, try to save most of what's left of my brain cells)

And kill the last of the two touching brain cells... :lol:

I started up the little stomper, charged the battery, rolled down the windows for the day and swore I'd finish the bumper measurements next week so I can bolt it back on, fix the brakes and drive it again. I miss it...

B

And kill the last of the two touching brain cells... :lol:

B

No need for contact when you have superpower :tongue:

Watch out for the zombie attack... :D

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d97/Travis_Gaydos/20140421_081429_zps63627c03.jpg

does anyone know where i can find these pieces for all four windows? or what they're called so i can look them up?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Weatherstrip-Window-Glass-Rubber-Seal-Set-Nissan-D21-Hardbody-Pickup-Frontier-/271444009094?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f3352e086

This will be the front ^, all the way from Thailand. I ordered some and they definitely turned up. Yet to open the box :shrug: got a nice elephant on the label.

Genuine nissan cost a small fortune.

decided that i'm going to look into trading for a civic.

i just don't use it like i had planned i've been to the beach once where it was 'offroad' but other than that nadda, i knew it would be a lot of work but i can't keep gas in it, just don't make enough. but i'd like to get one in the future because i do really enjoy it, just need something a bit more gas efficient until i get to where i'd like to be.

Gave her a wash and regreased all the door hinges and rear tyre carrier, found part of my front drivers door inside panel was loose, found the little clip thing that holds the inside panel had popped out so I clipped ot back in again. Now my door frame doesn't rattle anymore! Now I can hear the passenger side mirror rattles, grr.

I started to change out the bushings on my trailing arms.

Not having a proper press of some sort really hurts :(

I rented a ball-joint press in hopes it'd help me out... turns out not so much. Only used it to push out the center sleeve, then I put in work with a hacksaw and cut the metal collar out. Not very fun.

Took me 3hours (from PB Blast'ing to metal collar out).
Will resume work on the 3 remaining arms and will Plasti-dip them .... there goes my weekend :(

Round 1 of 4

IMG_1017.JPG