What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Scored a second set of legos from the pick a part! $70 and they are cleaner than the set I have already.

James

Damm the local picka part hit me $30.00 each for 4 but at least I got the center caps with them, plus they charged me $2.00 a wheel to dismount the tires.

Oh I pulled the cat on the 88 and it looks like it has some blockage, I just might leave it off as it doesnt haved to be smogged til 2014

edit to add

picked up a pair of Hankooks, so now the 88 has great tread on all 4 corners

Edited by vagabond

I think she screwed up, she charged me $15 per wheel and tire. That's the steel wheel price. The tires are crap and they don't remove them. I only found two center caps but I got some from another member a while back so I'm good. I pulled my back Sunday with a hammer, high lift, and some pry bars removing the tires. Now I have to find a place to dispose of them. I cleaned the rims last night so they get a good seal and probably thursday my 12 year old son will learn how to mount a tire while daddy's back gets a rest! I have a set of yokohama geolanders A/Ts I got a while back so now my pathfinder will have a set of summer tires. Still testing the airsoft balancing. I think I put too much in my Dynapros.

James

Yesterday I got my new tires mounted to my 03 SE. I switched out my General Grabber HTS tires that wore out after only 2 years of use for Continental Cross Track LX tires. I had bought them from Tire Rack on clearance, and had them mounted at Wal-Mart. MAN what a difference, shes not bouncy anymore. The ride is fantastic, nice and firm.

I stared longingly at my pathfinder from the window just because I did Fuc...ed up my lower back lumbar 5 herniated disc, and i have 2 weeks so far with out being able to do something work even drive, i did started a Therapy of inyeccions directly into the Spine disc and lumbar it's a long term therapy..so "if any of you guys want to come and ride for me or do some of work on my future upgrades i will be glad LOL"...LOL.! being serious take care your backs guys.! i do play all kind of sports and never imagine that this could happend and i bealive it was just a wrong movement or motion, that easy can become out of place.! any age dont matter!! but i"ll be back on the wheel im a month i hope!!

Just wanted to leave this comment out here for those that care!! it's painfull.!

And escuse me for any wrong spelling.! Me no hablo ingles.! Just Pain for now! lol

Trying to keep my self positive!!

Thanks

Send me more Pics of your Pathfinder i do enjoy seeing them and get ideas.! ans if anybody have questions about sound systems, suspensions,ideas etc i have some knowledge and ideas about mecanic and customizations also time to reply and help anybody for now.

Noticed my brakes getting a little spongy so looked at MC and noticed its oily. Seems to be coming from a small hole on the side between the brake lines. Is that a weep hole? Never saw one on a MC before. Anyway, the resevoir looked full, or so I thought. When I pulled the cap off it was more than half empty! What I was seeing on the res was the dirty residue stuck to the inside of the plastic. Cleaned out the res and refilled with the DOT3. That dirty res made me wonder about the clutch MC. It too was dirty but not low. Cleaned and refilled for good measure. Guess I'm gonna be replacing the MC soon.

Drove 173 miles hit 3 pickaparts looking for a inst cluster for the 88, the only thing I came up with was a fuel gauge out of a hard body the tach was broken and so was the speedo and the cluster didn't look that good..

Sure wish I could have used the whole thing I like the 1/4 fuel gauge but it would have been too much in mods to fit in my cluster, so I modded the fuel gauge, didn;t see 1 2door every pathy I spotted had the round dash.

Guess it's time to start thinking about going with the later dash

Drove 173 miles hit 3 pickaparts looking for a inst cluster for the 88, the only thing I came up with was a fuel gauge out of a hard body the tach was broken and so was the speedo and the cluster didn't look that good..

Sure wish I could have used the whole thing I like the 1/4 fuel gauge but it would have been too much in mods to fit in my cluster, so I modded the fuel gauge, didn;t see 1 2door every pathy I spotted had the round dash.

Guess it's time to start thinking about going with the later dash

Let's swap junkyards. I get 2 doors all the time, and no round dash.

Painted two of my new wheels. I gotta get the other two dismounted and then spend another few hours making them look decent before painting. For being beat to sheit when I got them (slammed 720 with an idiot that can't drive) they're turning out okay so far.

photobucket-42435-1362879141987_zps14abc

photobucket-51260-1362883021426_zpsf069b

Edited by Kingman

Well, didn't work on mine today (although I wanted to). Everything is now fixed up on my other halfs pathfinder, her steering and suspension etc. so it's time to get it higher!! lol. We installed some cut JGC v8 springs in the rear, fitted some gas magnum 3" longer shocks out of I believe a full size dodge pickup(found them in the pick-a-part near brand new for 20$!), had to shim the shock mount bushings so the shock post would fit the eyelet properly but it ended up a perfect fit. Rear is about 2" taller now and between the new springs/heavy duty gas magnum shocks the truck rides SO much better! Much more smooth going down the road and corners a lot better too. Can't wait to try it up Mt. Sumas tomorrow! We will crank the t-bars up an inch and align it next weekend.

My pathy gets an interior swap tomorrow! Getting rid of the horrible red 80s cheese and installing a full dark gray interior. STOKED! will be a lot of work though im sure, lol. Still need to track down some gray door panels but I have everything else.

Edited by Nefarious

Topped off my brake fluid and power steering fluid, and patched up a leaky flex pipe as a temporary fix for now with "Tiger Wrap." It sounds much better (no putt-putt!) and brakes nicer. Now to fix it so I get more than 13mpg...

I tore off the horn button hoping to remove the wheel and clean the sliders... no such luck, the wheel's really on there. I had a hell of a time getting the horn button back on (the FSM doesn't cover installation). Finally I got frustrated and whacked the bugger with my fist... and it clipped perfectly into place. :lol: I guess that's what I get for being subtle with a horn.

Also rubbed some turtle wax on the plastic over the gauge cluster and got that looking a lot cleaner/clearer.

I've never had a problem removing any steering wheel without a puller from a Nissan. What I do is loosen the nut but do not take it off, grab the wheel at the 9 & 3 o'clock positions and while pulling on it wiggle it slightly from side to side, they pop right off.

Now, on my buddies old Buick regal we had to get a puller cause that sucker was on there !!!!! I rented the puller from Advance for like $20, it was nice everything in a plastic case, when I returned it I asked if they sell them and the guy said they do for the same price, so I told him I wanted to buy one, he had a brand new one on the shelf so I got one for $20, it's a nice kit too !

Put a used but tested Maxima alternator in. Its amazing how much brighter my lights look. Also greased my sway bar bushings while I was under there. They were making enough noise telling me it was time.

replaced the rear door gas struts, noticed the other weekend that the strut mounts were bent (one of the plastic ends of one of the struts broke and the door hit me on the head).

Ordered some new struts and fitted some washers under the strut mounts to allow the mounts to do up and pull back straight witht the washers pulling against the straight undamaged metal.

One more job done.

Dean

Replaced the strut rod bushings. Old bushings weren't bad but not good either. With no maint history from PO I'm just going through my checklist plus the problem areas I've learned about by reading these forums. Next job, replace leaky MC and rear brake hose.

The belt is the easy part. . . I was referring to the part where you're laying under the truck supporting the alternator with one hand while using the other hand to reattach the wires one handed. Then lifting the alternator into position (from the bottom) while putting the bolts in from the top??? On my '78 D150 (dodge truck) it was about a 6 minute job if you took your time. This was closer to an hour to remove 5 bolts and one nut???

Whatever, I've got a 5 year warranty on the Alternator, hope I never have to change it again. Now I'm really looking forward to changing the broken manifold studs. . .

No I agree on the laying there lifting with one hand. Plus I have decently large hands so it makes it more fun. I just found the only way to put the belt on was to put the rear bolt in and then put the belt on, the put the front bolt and tensioner bolt on. But it slides off so easy when you take it off.......