What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Lubed the spare tire carrier.... kinda hoping it tightens up a bit. Already did the rebuild a year or two ago and it seems like it might be dying again... sigh (and I have been lubing it every once in a while with grease...).

Post above got me thinking about using my spare rear-window-glass struts as hood openers....

Edited by sewebster

I lubed my carrier a couple of weeks. I used Lucas oil stabilizer, painted it on with an acid brush where I wanted it and let it sit. Once it worked 3 days/20 swings later, it is flawlessly smooth. So much so that I have to be careful opening it on a slope or gravity will open it.

B

Mine opens and swings no problem. The only problem is the bad wobbling noise when I got over speed bumps. I think I actually I had a post on here earlier and the conclusion was that I need to investigate my latch and the support plate. I just haven't done it yet :blush:

The plan was to go wheelin...but when you wheel with jeeps one of them seems to break down...this time it was before we even left..!!

So it's Pathy day.!!!!!

One of my belts were getting noisy and I was checking the tension and started to tighten them...

Broke my AC tensioner..!!

So I just ripped it out until summer!

Rotated my tires, checked all the nuts and bolts on my suspension and steering, check all my gear boxes, tranny, and changed my engine oil.

Installed a little power inverter in the rear cargo area.

I also am finishing my camo doors and rear hatch today.!

It's a good idea to run the A/c about once a week for abot 10 minutes or so to keep everything lubed in the system. the only time I've ever had to add any to mine was when the hi side line blew or I converted the system over.

Also I drilled out the pin holes on the tire carrrier and tapped them for 6 mm zerks which won't be able to stay in but at least I'll be able to lube the heck out of them

Instalked a Rancho steering stabilizer. Also installed rear lift spring and adjusted the torsion bars. The rear springs were only about 1" so it is hard to notice in pictures. Next is alignment.

Edited by RF600

To make a very long story short: you all (WD21 owners) know our tension rod bracket.

Mine was like that. 25 years!

P1010017_zpsd3696c95.jpg

I cut it from the frame

P1010018_zpsb2ec1b61.jpg

P1010021_zpsa621bb50.jpg

And got a new one welded.

I did not take a pic when finished but it looks better than before. I am sure the guys at Nissan designed this lower frame on a Friday afternoon.

Philippe.

That's yellow!

:laugh:

I found the black depressing under and in the engine bay. So I put some color.

But look at the sway bar link cup, you immediately see it has a life behind. In black it would be difficult to notice.

Back in 2009 I had to do some work on the engine and changed the color then.

From this,

P1290001_zps77de9242.jpg

It became like this.

P1010003_zps321e9bf0.jpg

At the time the shop had some RED :rofl: .

Philippe.

I installed a new corner marker and used fog light in my newly aquired 1997 Pathfinder.

Ended up having to take the light out of the frame to be able to install the frame first and then squeeze my fat fingers into the little spacing on the side to screw the light back in.

Lubed the spare tire carrier.... kinda hoping it tightens up a bit. Already did the rebuild a year or two ago and it seems like it might be dying again... sigh (and I have been lubing it every once in a while with grease...).

It actually does seem tighter now! Hope it's not just in my mind. Maybe I should try some #3 or #4 grease in there. The other idea is to add a draw bar latch to the other side of the truck that connects to an extension on the carrier.

By the way, if it isn't obvious, I have a 31" tire on there, so the extra weight is an issue.

replaced the fuel pump/ sending unit on the 88 trying to get the fuel gauge to read more accuratly.

While at the dealer getting the Oring I saw they were have a special on oil filters buy 2 get the 3rd 1 free, so will give them a try.

changed oil.....no more annoying "ticking sound"

changed rear diff oil.....no longer goes "CLUNK" when shifting in to reverse, back to drive.... Yea!!! man it was BLACK don't think it's ever been done by POs

Also quieter now and seems to have better traction while turning on slippery roads.

next up.... front diff and Tcase.

Really? I know mine hasn't been changed in, you know, maybe ever? I'll consult Towncivillian (spl?) before doing mine. What rear diff oil did you use? I know my climate down here is closer to Florida than Canada but ...

Is there Advance Auto Parts near you? Mobil 1 75W-90 can be had for cheap if you order online with discount codes and pick up in store. The rear diff takes just under 3 quarts of fluid IIRC, you can get that and a fluid pump for a little under $30.

I used 80w90 GL5 with "lubeguard LSD supliment".... sounds like I'm giving vitamins to my truck.

and 5w30 synthetic for the engine.

As for not being in CANADA well count yourself lucky...3 days ago it was -32C...with wind chill it was -42C. Pathy still started though, only plugged the Block heater in for about 20min.

Edited by bushnut

Looked at several transmissions bur none were in any better shape than mine. Im dreading it but I may just take a wack at rebuilding her. Ive done quite a few domestic transmissions but not an import...yet. maybe I can score a working one before it goes completely out...

Sent from my old brick of a phone!

Not today, but did a ton this weekend. Installed snorkel, installed transmission, Installed T-case. Even prepped the rear axle for paint. Looking forward to my differential shims showing up so I can keep going on it. Wife say I have till April 15, then it's a summer of house renos :headwall: , so the more I get done now the better.