What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Yesterday, Removed front fender flares, sanded down the rust, ducked flying metal debris, por-15'd the affected areas inside the fender and out.

Today, fibreglassed the fender. Ordered a pint (of paint) & reducer. Opened a beer and cleaned the interior. Priced out a centerlink and tie rod ends for next weeks job.

check engine light came on yesterday, checked the codes got code 45, injector leak, searched on here, checked a few things, no gas smell, cleared the code, drove it to work and back today no CEL today.

my door-a-jar light came on randomly....seems to be intermittently from the rear hatch? Anyway it p*****ed me off enough to pull the fuse.

There is a thread around here that deals with it. I put a couple washers to shim up my striker and now it stays off.

Tore the windshield washer pumps apart, cleaned 'em out, got the squirties working again.

For the record, if you're testing the rear window pump on the bench, it'll bind up if it doesn't have fluid in it. Also, if you test a pump on the bench, and it has fluid in it, that fluid is going all over your pantleg.

• Like 1

I think it is just a throttle body motor, may be vortec but I don't know just yet. Either way it will be way more power than I had with the tired 3.0

So you only have one bucket up front? I am having a hard time visually seeing this in my head... which makes me wonder what happened to the passenger side seat?!?

Its been a long day... sorry for rambling.

No problem about the rambling.

96+ are vortec 350s, they are not central port injected, they still have Throttle bodys but have the Votech heads and diffrent bolt patern intake.

I took the seat(factory bucket) out before I even started the switch when I was toying with the idea of putting another A/T in it. I left it out because I simply pulled the 4 slider bolts that go into the floor and 2 of them broke off. Didnt fell like ez-outing or retaping them so I simply left it.

I dont have the center consol any more ethier so its really a big space to the right of you when your sitting and I find my self using the shifter as a suport. Its not that big of a diffrence i guess, but it just seems like there is. Although I am strapped in the harness so I'm not going anyplace. Basically you look to your right and you see both doors instead of 1.

There is a thread around here that deals with it. I put a couple washers to shim up my striker and now it stays off.

Thanks for the reminder! I read that thread some time ago & totally forgot about it!! I'll search it out tomorrow.

Pulled out my cargo area light to see if I could make it come on when the hatch opened... doesn't look like it ever had a sensor, it's got a wire though. Just gotta trace the FSM wiring guides now. I added a piece of reflective metal to the back of the light housing while I was at it... seems a little brighter now that it's not illuminating above the headliner.

After 4 years I finally installed the new lift supports on the back glass... Why did it take so long? Well I just found them... Was not going to buy another set when I knew good and well I had the new ones somewhere. Turns out here were in my rolling tool box.... I found a huge amount of missing items in it when I started cleaning it out....

Bought some new floor mats, mine had huge holes in em.

Tinkered with rear lighting, thinking about putting a dual element LED unit in the cargo area with red and white as well as up front....

replaced trans mount. the old one wasn't broken but I figured with 326,000 miles on the truck it would be a good idea to replace anyway. turned out to be a fairly easy task. also replaced back glass lift struts.

This weekend I:

put in new rear brake shoes.

replaced the missing headrests for the back seat

put LEGO wheels on my 2wd "Pathavoider" because I had good tires on them and crap tires on the M/T rims

painted the center caps on the legos

replaced the missing headlight bolts to hold the left headlight in place (threw away the zip ties)

Thats it for this weekend.

I finally got my flat bed trailer cleaned off and put the pathfinder on it so I can go to the muffler shop and hopefully get a Y pipe made.

015D839D-2070-4A3A-BD49-2750820FC5E5-2840-000002C9C57F0938.jpg

Poor thing looks like it's getting evicted!

Now all I can do is chill and wait for the hurricane to pass!

James

Edited by JamesRich

I installed a replacement sunroof in the R50 today due to destroyed seals. Not hard at all if you take your time and pay attention. My recommendation initially is screw any instructions, install the 'new' sunroof with the same shims(loosely), close it, shift its position so it seals evenly and tighten it down. Run it through the cycles and adjust as necessary. I suggest focusing on the upward seal so you can always help from below (gently!).

Make sure to clean and lubricate the seals and surfaces with silicone spray.

B

I have a rip around one of the hinges on my Sunroof. No leaks though.

Put some gas in it, and then went and got a couple tires dismounted off the 2 Legos I bought from the local Pick N Pull. Now my buddy and I have a spare to match our set.

I finally got mine rolling again and tried to get it dirty!

Most of the trails at my camp were flooded and just kept washing the mud off.

CD1EA939-2CC7-4CA4-BD14-681678531730-5417-0000061BE47C8C14.jpg

I kept looking till I found some really sticky mud and got stuck!

DC1EBAD4-D227-4D29-B878-3C221645313A-5417-0000061BE1798B6D.jpg

E5862666-2D88-451B-AB16-FA5E9D71276E-5417-0000061BDE67EBC0.jpg

So finally success! It's dirty!

D48FC80A-A8EE-4B3F-8AEC-A35A0902AFB0-5417-0000061BDA1C8807.jpg

James

installed trans, temp gauge yesterday in the 88, mounted the sending unit in the banjo bolt for the outlet line. So far highest temp has been 170.

Auto meter pro comp gauge

Decided to install a light on the gauge, ran the 2 wires to the acc/cig lighter light and tapped in before the plug. Works just like all the others dims and brightens when the dash lights do. :)