What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

replaced the dome light actuator switch in all the door jams... what a little pain, but the light works when i open the doors now! (is wondering how every one of them got jacked up)

I threw away the rubber bullschlitz that used to be on my compression rods

FOREVER! :lmao:

I replaced the stock rubber bushing arrangement with a spherical bearing pressed into a housing welded onto the frame. And I will never look back.

:lol:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/33581-eliminating-the-rubber-bushings-on-the-ifs-compression-rods/

Today I:

Installed a 8 port fuse box.

Installed 4 relays. One for my driving lights, one for future fogs.

Relayed my headlights with 12ga wire, high temp sockets, and slyvania xtravision bulbs.

Installed a 150amp circuit breaker between the truck and the battery.

Flushed and refilled my transmission.

Installed a transmission filter and an 1800gvw tranny cooler.

Just for extra flair I wrapped the engine side of the battery cable in 3/4 red wire wrap. (My battery is in the rear of the truck.)

Still have so much more to do!

Edited by Harbinger

Went to the jy and bought a few parts and pieces. Horn from a 1970's chevy truck and Nissan fog lights with glass lens. Can't wait to change out the horn. Goodbye 'meep', hello 'GET-OUT-A-MY-WAY!!!'. On the way home did a little off-roading near the east fork of the Trinity river. Got home and changed the oil.

Between last Friday and this morning, I wired up the Hella 500's on the bumper, and ran wires for the lights, future fog lights, and the tranny temp gauge sender. I have installed two switches relayed off the parking lights for the driving & fog lights. Finally put the bumper and grill back on too!

I also wired up my tranny temp gauge, but I'm scratching my head on the bulb wiring. Wiring either wire to the dimmer and a ground results in them getting brighter when the truck lights dim. It's not overly bright though so I might just wire it up to the parking lights and call it good.

Now to head back out and put together my interior....ick.

Worked on some body spots that are starting to show sign's of rust sanded and primed waiting for stock green paint from get this a company in new orlean's,LA. You know what they say RUST NEVER SLEEPS.

Took it to an alignment place to see if they can figure out why it wanders. Turns out all four ball joints and the TREs are shot, and the hole in the pitman got all flogged out too.

Also discovered that the switch for the tire carrier is worn out... little disconcerting when you're driving and the idiot light is flashing!

Edited by Slartibartfast

I took the cover off below the front bumper in order to mount my old chebby horns in place of the nissan oem horn(meep,meep). Not gonna happen today. Man, not much room to spare behind the bumper. I can get the old ones out. Not sure how to fit the chevy horns in there. How did you guys do it?

Edited by BBB

I can get the old ones out. Not sure how to fit the chevy horns in there. How did you guys do it?

For me it was a simple as using a 10mm socket wrench. I removed my factory "meep-meep" horns and simply remounted te GM horns using the factory brackets. The only "mod" was connecting the ground wire to the chassis at the bracket mount point. :shrug:

ordered my engine today....it should be delivered to the shop on Monday or Tuesday.....then 4-5 days for the install and she will be back on the road!!!!!! I can't wait!!!

Received this via email today!!!!!

Picked up From

Scarborough,ON

Delivered To

Haughton,LA

Totals 1 Pcs 350 Pounds

Picked up On Dock Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Estimated Delivery On Friday, July 20,2012 End of Business Day

I should be back on the road around Wednesday or Thursday!!!!! Whooooo Hoooooo!!!!!!!

Edited by Meandmy92Pathy