What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

PB Blaster, then heat if necessary. Maybe drive around to heat up the plug and try removing it immediately after stopping, but be careful not to burn yourself of course.

What brand of fluid did you use for the diffs and what do you plan on putting in the trans?

I used that Mobil 1 stuff you gave me a link for. Thanks a lot. I got 3 quarts of it at $11 a piece, a gallon of coolant, and PB Blaster all for $31 thanks to you.

I wanted to get some really good stuff, like Amsoil or something, but I can't find Gl-4 anywhere!!!

I was going to take the drain plug out to at least drain the water sitting on the bottom.

I called Napa and they had some no-name Gl-4 by the gallon. I was going to pick some of that up.

Edited by 1994SEV6

Do you or someone you know happen to have an .edu e-mail address? You can get Amazon Prime for 6 months free which will allow you to purchase quarts of Redline MT-90 for $13.49 each with free 2-day shipping. That's probably the best you'll be able to find for a "boutique" GL-4 only fluid not available locally.

Edited by Towncivilian

I tried to get my transmission drain plug out...that ***** ain't budging. Anyone have any tricks? It's not rusted (aluminum, right?) and it's not all gunky and dirty. I was pulling on the breaker bar as hard as I could, but since I had to use extensions, the bar kept tilting and sliding out.

Any tips?

I had the same problem. I ended up using one of those cheap gear oil pumps to suck it out the fill hole then I filled it through the shift tower.

James

I had the same problem. I ended up using one of those cheap gear oil pumps to suck it out the fill hole then I filled it through the shift tower.

James

ughhhhh. That's probably what I'm going to have to do.. I bought a siphon from AAP. Most awful POS ever. I guess turkey baster here I come.

Put new plug wires on the beast.... after the # 6 one started to arc! (3 & 5 had done it already) Oh yeah, also tightened the fuel line claps on the line between the rails! That would have been a bad mix.... fuel and an arrant spark.... could have had a flame paint job! LOL

Edited by outoway

Pressure washed its since it was 50 out today then decided I didnt want too rearange the shop so thats as far as it went. The Tractor ate its fly wheel so it would been a pain anyway. Tomarrow I'll fog it with ether and see if it'll run.

Still looking for a t-case. Maybe the tx10 will be flipped.

punctured the sidewall on one of my brand new 4 day old 33x12.5 duratracs :( such a fluke to happen... soooooo damn lame......... hopefully the tire shop will do something about it. tragic ;(

Did you get the road hazard warranty?

James

Got oil change, air, diesel and oil filters changed, diferential's and manual transmition and transfer case oils also changed.

New front Bosch wiper blades so that I can see better when it rains.

Major maintenance job done at 220.000kms. :jig:

bought 2 new 100w foglight bulbs mine were burnt out. I also bought some 16x7 yota wheels to go with my 32.2x10.5" guard dog tires. I should be getting center console # 2 here soon for mocking up and seeing how much i will need do to to make it fit.

punctured the sidewall on one of my brand new 4 day old 33x12.5 duratracs :( such a fluke to happen... soooooo damn lame......... hopefully the tire shop will do something about it. tragic ;(

I think sidewalls are not repairable? unfortunately

I think sidewalls are not repairable? unfortunately

Yep, not repairable since it's a safety hazard.

I went ahead and dropped the transmission/transfer case to get it out of the way to drop the engine in. Doing so, I found out that either my frame is tweaked or something is really wrong. The brackets line up on the frame for the most part but when I set the engine in I can get one side to bolt up but not the other. I guess the accident a long time ago really messed things up...

I've had a 93 Taurus Radiator electric fan sitting around for a few months, and decided to start the install today on the 88.

I checked the amperage on the different speeds and here's what I came up with, low speed start was 19 amps run dropped down to 9 amps, High speed start was 54 amps run was 24.

I'm hitting pickapart in Ontario Ca. this Sunday as they are having a 1/2 price sale on everything, I plan on using a Maxima rad temp sensor and bung from the radiator. Pics will follow when its completed.

Also plan on a couple of Maxima alts and a few other parts, what a great way to spend New Years day :dance: :dance: :laugh:

Edited by vagabond

Yeah unfortunately they said they don't offer roadside warranty on off-road tires.. only passenger tires.. so I freaked out and got really mad and they ended up giving me a new one for store-cost and free balance and labour. I'm going to contact Goodyear directly to try and get them to reimburse me for the rest. Not the worst case I suppose.

Yeah unfortunately they said they don't offer roadside warranty on off-road tires.. only passenger tires.. so I freaked out and got really mad and they ended up giving me a new one for store-cost and free balance and labour. I'm going to contact Goodyear directly to try and get them to reimburse me for the rest. Not the worst case I suppose.

Those tires are DOT rated, so there on road tires. Legally. Thats some straight bull @!*% there trying too pull. Dont tell me you got them at wal-mart.

Did it just blow out for no reason or did you put a hole in it doing some extreme off-roading? Kinda makes a difference! :)

My recollection of web research I did a while ago when I got my Duratracs was that the sidewalls were not the most robust option out there, but I mean, they should be able to hold up to some rough stuff...

Those tires are DOT rated, so there on road tires. Legally. Thats some straight bull @!*% there trying too pull. Dont tell me you got them at wal-mart.

If you look at the fine print of most tire places that offer the warranty, they exclude almost any LT or off road tire.