What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Replaced the wiper blades on the 88 & the 94.

Started checking out why the rear defroster doesn't work on the 94, and got side tracked on why there were no lites on the 4 way or defroster or the dash lite switches, after taking them apart I found that some of them did work but with the color shields they were to dim to see,

pulled the little color shields off them and now I have light although the dimmer switch is a bit bright.

Tomorrow back on the rear defroster 9b084e9a-8f1f-4822-ba71-252c480b2f61.jpg

Today after working 13 hours (daylight savings screwed me) I got off work at 7am, made up my Skid plate adapter and welded it to the end of my skid plate. Now I can bolt the stock skid to my new cross member for wheeling Wednesday. Then I went to bed at ~830am.

th_SkidAdapter.jpg

And for those that don't know (or just forgot) this is what happened to my cross member and then what I did about it.

th_tornframe.jpg th_Assembly.jpg th_OutOld_InNew.jpg th_ApproachView.jpg

how bad does that rattle against the bumper or do you have it hung in the rear with a hardmount hanger?

The tip is welded solid to the bumper and the tail pipe is clamped to a peice on the inside. It does rattle on the frame a little but it's in the works to get fixed.

The tip is welded solid to the bumper and the tail pipe is clamped to a peice on the inside. It does rattle on the frame a little but it's in the works to get fixed.

Just curious as I have my (her) 4runner basicly set to do the same thing depending on conditions of bumper ends I find for it. Didn't think to just weld the tip TO the bumper, that will deter rattle! (as long as it ain't a tip with a sharp edge it's PA legal to :aok: now that bolt on frame patch :hide: . Least your gonna fix it)

After being away for a week (cruise) When we got home Saturday I started it to make sure it still starts, nothing else as since we have been home I have been sick and have not gone out of the house.

After being away for a week (cruise) When we got home Saturday I started it to make sure it still starts, nothing else as since we have been home I have been sick and have not gone out of the house.

I had the grille in my hands...then i felt bad and put it back. :) Your Welcome. XD

Washed the truck. YAY!!

110811135058.jpg

110811155221.jpg

Hey, I washed my PF too! :)

Also noticed this rust:

th_IMG_20111108_161343.jpg

Even after I fix this, the washer nozzle won't sit right and would be very loose... it didn't fit right when there was no rust, though. I tried two different nozzles, same thing. Oh well, it's a junkyard door anyway.

Edited by Towncivilian

Hey, I washed my PF too! :)

Also noticed this rust:

th_IMG_20111108_161343.jpg

Even after I fix this, the washer nozzle won't sit right and would be very loose... it didn't fit right when there was no rust, though. I tried two different nozzles, same thing. Oh well, it's a junkyard door anyway.

The nozzles should be adjustable, like the front ones are

Well I fixed the rear defogger/defroster. It had A direct short, someone had changed the rear glass rods with some aftermarket ones the bracket that mounts to the hatch was almost an inch longer then the factory ones, and they were hitting the leads on the glass, simple fix bent them down.

If they had been a bit longer the glass probably would have shattered, there was just enough pressure on the glass to pop it up when the switch was used.

Gazed at my old parts truck and thought of all the good times we'd had together :(

Thought about my new Terrano on the train from Vancouver :D

Ordered some more parts from my big build! - Irok NDs, ProComp rims, new thermostat, set of glow plugs, set of injectors B)

Dropped by Kal-Tire to ask about passing the out of province inspection. :jig:

Damn, I want to start work on that Terrano already! :aok:

Pics!

my new poly bushings:

front sway bar-

102_2718.jpg

tension rod-

102_2716.jpg

(also notice all the rust-free metal!)

this is my new re-furbished Sanden SD508 AC Compressor (w/8.4CFM) and adjustable bracket that i will be turning into a air compressor for endless on board air:

102_2711.jpg

102_2709.jpg

my used 3L Isuzu Trooper Intercooler. still need to clean it up, sand and paint. and i just ordered silicone couplers and a small e-fan for it. i hope to connect it using what i have or else i may need to get custom flanges made up for it. here it is:

102_2724.jpg

and my PCV oil catch can. i never got pics up of it before. the other end leads to my K&N PCV filter:

102_2728.jpg

102_2730.jpg

102_2731.jpg

Installed my clinometer today with blue leds i had left over from my dash conversion in my 87t 300zx

came out well and it all works!

I didnt cut holes i bent the tabs and velcroed it down. If i ever want to sell it i dont have holes in my dash and i can just bend the tabs back down again. I have it wired to the cig lighter light so it lights up when i turn the parking lights on. Its to light out for me to get a picture right now with it lit up. Took about 30 mins to do most of it was planing how to mount it.

IMG_20111112_150633.jpg

Edited by edicer2

Installed my clinometer today with blue leds i had left over from my dash conversion in my 87t 300zx

came out well and it all works!

I didnt cut holes i bent the tabs and velcroed it down. If i ever want to sell it i dont have holes in my dash and i can just bend the tabs back down again. I have it wired to the cig lighter light so it lights up when i turn the parking lights on. Its to light out for me to get a picture right now with it lit up. Took about 30 mins to do most of it was planing how to mount it.

IMG_20111112_150633.jpg

I want one of those. Looks great.

Last weekend I got my my custom center console drafted in CAD and put my materials list together. Yesterday I got the skeleton assembled. Today I will try to get the moulds for the skin assembled and on the skeleton. Pics and build thread to follow.