My New 95!

zeppelindrummer

Hey guys, so as some of you know my timing belt snapped in my 91 and i found a 95 for 800 bucks that was not running, but had only 74K on the engine. Carfax checks out, and me and my friend towed the pathy home at around 3 in the morning. (One of the calipers was removed by the previous owner) so the brakes were not working. The battery was dead, so i took mine out of my 91, and the sunroof is missing.

Every time i saw the truck, it was in poor lighting, around 10 or 11 at night, so i never had a chance to really see how good of condition everything really is in. Other than the bumper, and front driver quarter panel, the truck is straight. Very little rust (only on the running boards) and the leather is in very good shape.

Today i wrenched on the truck for a couple hours, and got it running. After sitting for a year without being started, it fired up just fine, and actually runs very good! I'm going to replace the timing belt and water pump, because the water pump seems to be leaking.

After thinking about driving my 91 again, i realized how much of a shame it would be to use the engine out of the 95, and just part out the rest of the truck, because everything is really in great condition, it runs, and the little bit of damage that is there, will not be difficult to fix. So i've decided rather than doing an engine swap right now, i'm going to get a new quarter panel, use my old bumper (cuz ive got an ARB on the 91) and i'm going to drive the 95 for a bit while waiting on a new donor engine. I'll then sell the 95, and make pretty good profit!

95pathy4.jpg

95pathy3.jpg

95pathy2.jpg

95pathy1.jpg

Let me know your guys thoughts! we need to keep as many good condition pathys in this world as possible! sending this one to a junkyard after having my way with 'er didn't seem right.

-Zepp

Wow, the interior on that looks to be in perfect shape. The driver's seat isn't even ripped! Score! Now, can I have them? :tongue:

Good luck with the project man. I would keep the '95 and swap all the parts you want on to it to be honest. It's in great shape and only 74K...it's still practically new mechanically.

most of your parts are inner changeable y not swap everything to the 95? and keep that?

I had considered that, but my 91 is in nearly perfect shape, it has the squared dash, (which i prefer) and i've got the fun little clinometer in it

2432672b.jpg

(i've replaced the vents since this picture)

and i would have to scrap the 91 which i really don't want to do. I want them both to live on! idk though, that's still a very easily considered option. It would just be easier to sell a stock 95 with 74K than a stock 91 with 207 on the dash (even if there is a new engine in it)

Wow, the interior on that looks to be in perfect shape. The driver's seat isn't even ripped! Score! Now, can I have them? :tongue:

Good luck with the project man. I would keep the '95 and swap all the parts you want on to it to be honest. It's in great shape and only 74K...it's still practically new mechanically.

So far its 2 votes for swapping everything to the 95! that's what i posted this on here for... i want as many opinions and ideas as possible.

My neighbor works at a junkyard, and has an engine from a quest which he said would easily be swapped in my pathy. Its got 140K and is only 400 bucks. He always gets stuff in too, so... i've always got that option.

And the pictures don't even really do the interior justice. It really is in amazing shape. The steering wheel has wear and that's the only problem with the interior. It even has the center console with cup holders which i've so desperately wanted to get for my 91! I haven't messed with the AC yet, but that doesn't work in my 91... hmmmm... so many options. I swapped everything off my 87 to the 91 in a day, had it lifted and looking good the day after i bought it stock. haha

beforepathy.jpg right before swapping from my 87

DSC00888.jpg and later that day

and today! :

91pathy1.jpg

my bumper:

91pathy2.jpg

91pathy3.jpg

before the bumper, and BFG ATs

I feel like i would really miss the 91... but if i put all of this on my 95, it would probably look great, and would live forever!

After thinking about driving my 91 again, i realized how much of a shame it would be to use the engine out of the 95, and just part out the rest of the truck, because everything is really in great condition, it runs

whats wrong with that...i wheeled my 95 the day before i stripped it for parts :D different strokes for different folks

where did u get the bumpers?

Well the front is an ARB modded to fit the body lift, and the rear is a relatively simple bumper me and my neighbor made. i REALLY like it, it's simple, has similar angles to the arb, and looks good! plus it's got a hitch way up high, so when i go down steep declines i dont have to worry about rubbing my ridiculously low hitch.

IIRC the Quest motor aint a drop in affair... I say put some sheetmetal on the 95, swap something cool between the fenders on the 91, keep em and build em both!

That frame ok in the front for as pushed up as that bumper is? looks to be a bit further than the bracket would stretch

and boo :thumbsdown: on AH3 truck without rape-me red interior... :chairfall:

• 2 weeks later...